Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A heads up on purchasing BFBC2

Options
  • 05-03-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

Went into Game on Dawson Street about half an hour ago to pick up Bad Company 2 on the PC. Walked in, saw a wall-full of PC boxes. Picked one up, queued up for a few minutes. Then I handed the box to the cashier and he asked me if I had preordered it. No, I hadn't. So he told me he cant sell me the game. Apparently they only got enough copies to cover pre-orders. Despite the wall of boxes. So I went elsewhere. Also, got the game €5 cheaper than Game are selling it. Ridiculous way to run a business.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I bet it was on the PC they said that to you....If it was the consoles they have hundreds of copies. They only prolly got a handful of games in for the PC....AS.S HOLE>S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Meh I just bought it on steam!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Theta wrote: »
    Meh I just bought it on steam!

Thanks for sharing. I was just giving a heads up to people who intend to buy it in a show in Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I hate Game more than life itself.... just the pits

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I went to smyths and traded in assassins creed2 and COD3 and got it for nothing on the pc.

• Advertisement

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing. I was just giving a heads up to people who intend to buy it in a show in Dublin city centre.

Sorry I didnt mean it to come across that way. I have just given up on game shops. If I ever buy a game on disk its normally in HMV. Gamestop and game do my head in to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I get all my keys from http://www.g2play.net/store/

I never has a problem with delivery and they have always worked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i thought i was buying it on steam right up until the moment after i paid for it and it asked me did i have the EA downloader software... hmmm.

samhail wrote: »
    i thought i was buying it on steam right up until the moment after i paid for it and it asked me did i have the EA downloader software... hmmm.

Did you buy it off the EA website then?

yeah with the 25% off coupon from bargain alerts.

• Advertisement

yeah with the 25% off coupon from bargain alerts.

Ah did you preorder and get the unlocks or just buy it today?

you got me worried there ! :)
    if you order up to 16th march you get the 6 unlocks link

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Theta wrote: »
    If I ever buy a game on disk its normally in HMV.
    +1. I've gone to HMV myself for the last few releases: MW2, Bioshock 2 and of course BFBC2 this morning. Both bioshock 2 and BFBC2 were €45 on release day, think MW2 was €50 but not sure (this is for PS3 btw). Dunno if it's the best deal in town but I can't remember it ever being the worst.
    Was actually gonna pre-order BFBC2 in Xtravision to get the unlock stuff, but yer man told me it'd be €5 to pre-order it and then he couldn't tell me how much it'd be on release day, so I said feck that. Anyone know what Xtravision ended up selling it at today?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

HMV all the way - Game are a sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I bet it was on the PC they said that to you....If it was the consoles they have hundreds of copies. They only prolly got a handful of games in for the PC....AS.S HOLE>S
    Hrm... I forgot to cancel meh order in HMV, Liffey Valley. Ended up buying it on Steam...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Gamestop in Blanch doesn't even stock PC games. FAIL.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Xtravision is where I got mine--39.99 traded in 2 ****ty PS3 games and got it for 20.

crap... only problem is that i have to wait 3 hours to play it grrr !

NOONE USE THE INTERNET IN IRELAND !

quick word of warning if anyone is getting it from EA games. i got the email confirming that i bought the game but it didnt give me the serial numbers. it did have a load of <br> all over the place.

i had to look at the HTML code of the email to find it (in gmail, hit the button beside reply then hit show original)

nightmare !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

quick word of warning if anyone is getting it from EA games. i got the email confirming that i bought the game but it didnt give me the serial numbers. it did have a load of <br> all over the place.

i had to look at the HTML code of the email to find it (in gmail, hit the button beside reply then hit show original)

nightmare !

If you've ordered from EA Games then your key will be available in the EA Customer Support site.

• Advertisement

that would be nice !
    i hate that EA interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Went into Game on Dawson Street about half an hour ago to pick up Bad Company 2 on the PC. Walked in, saw a wall-full of PC boxes. Picked one up, queued up for a few minutes. Then I handed the box to the cashier and he asked me if I had preordered it. No, I hadn't. So he told me he cant sell me the game. Apparently they only got enough copies to cover pre-orders. Despite the wall of boxes. So I went elsewhere. Also, got the game €5 cheaper than Game are selling it. Ridiculous way to run a business.

I did the exact same for it on ps3, and did it last week for heavy rain. At least this time I knew I'd get it elsewhere and did, cheaper.

You'd think they'd know a fair amount of people don't preorder games because they rarely sell out... they're kind of killing impulse buys with the preorder stock only rubbish, makes no sense at all, they'd definitely sell more. I doubt we're the only 2 people who went there for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Xtravision is where I got mine--39.99 traded in 2 ****ty PS3 games and got it for 20.

Similarly, got it for €16 [PC] when I traded in the newest Ratchet And Clank game. Pretty pleased as R&C only cost me €20-ish thanks to Bargain Alerts. :cool:

Advertisement