Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scappy pensions-do I amalgamate into a PSRA

Options
  • 05-03-2010 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

When working as a PAYE worker I gathered 3 pensions (about 3K, 6K and 1K each). These are now just sitting there. I am now self-employed and I am not contributing to any pension (yet!). I expect to be entering the PAYE arena again before the end of the year.

I also have a lump sum I would like to invest in some sort of pension not sure how much yet 20-60K

My question is would it be better merge these all into a PRSA?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Andymfinancial

You do not say why you wish to merge them into a PRSA. Also it can be to your advantage by having 3 pensions as you will have 3 different fund managers which helps reduce risks. At retirement you can pool them all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

dubbegoode wrote: »
    I also have a lump sum I would like to invest in some sort of pension not sure how much yet 20-60K

unless you can get tax relief on these funds there is no point investing this lump sum in a pension. You will effectively be double taxed.

Advertisement