Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the playpen; Aoibheann

Options
  • 05-03-2010 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

So here we are, another week another C&H'er brought before the masses to be thrown to the lions questioned.

This week we have Aoibheann a woman of many talents and traits; professional xylophonist, lion tamer, cynic, theoretical physicist in-training and fellow Trinity science nerd to name but a few.

I was first introduced to Aoibheann at the Halloween Trinity boards beers where in my shyness she accused me of posting quietly. (Is that even possible?) Since then Monday afternoon coffee's became a staple of my week. Ever tolerant of my apathetic moaning and always willing to motivate me to attend lectures with freddo bars and cookies we soon became fast friends.

Also she bares no grudge towards me for accusing her looking like a smart card reader.(It was dark, I was tired, cold, hungry and felt slightly pathetic. Christmas work at a supermarket does that to you) *thumbs up for Aoibheann you go Aoibheann!*

Ladies and Gents of C&H I give you Aoibheann;

20if45_th.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

First! :p

Are you trollin'?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Favourite movie ever?

Favourite country?

Least favourite country?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

First! :p

Are you trollin'?!

>_>

<_<

I'm not going to answer the way I'm supposed to.. I'll put it this way, surely if I was in fact "trollin'" as you all insist, then I would no longer be posting on this forum? :P And no, this can't be taken as an excuse to ban me, or I would run to Feedback so quickly (wrong forum I know but I would have RIGHTEOUS ANGER on my side) you wouldn't have time to break out the lolcats. :pac:

Does that answer your question sufficiently, or would you like more detail? :P

Oh, and thanks for the lovely intro, Craguls. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Favourite flavour of Doritos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Whats on your subbed list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Favourite meaning of \o/?

If Fad and I were to cover you in glittery eyeshadow, which colour would you like us to do it with? (The image of Conor covering you in glittery eyeshadow amuses me more than anything... :D You covering yourself in it is a bit counter productive when it's supposed to be against your will :()

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Newton or Einstein?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

O'Connell Street or Grafton Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Dirty Electro or Flithy Dubstep?

Favourite period in History?

Favourite sandwich?

Favourite thing about phlegms?

Do you like any classical music? If so, what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Favourite branch of physics?

Favourite words?

Greatest achievement to date?

TCD Students or UCD Students?

If you had to rate yourself overall as a person from one to ten, ten being the most awesome person anyone can ever be lucky enough to even see, and 1 being those people you hear about on the news and never hope you'd cross. Where'd you put yourself?

DCU - Yes or no?

Were you born and raised in Dublin (sorry, I've forgotten! :o I'll probably kick myself when you tell me)?

Why did you change from medicine to theoritical physics?

Why are you a "smart card reader"?

Was my theory about the "is you trollin'" thing right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Me or deise?

John or edward?

What would you order in a chinese?

What your fave typa cheeeeeese? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Are my essays actually well written or are you just sparing my feelings?

-_- I'll know

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    Favourite movie ever? Ooh, tough one. I'm not much of a film buff tbh, but I'll pick a few I like: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Lolita (but ONLY the Kubrick version, the other one is awful), Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Run Lola Run.. Ok, there's so many I can't think of off the top of my head, so this isn't actually an ultimate list!

Favourite country? Again, can't pick. I love, love, love France - there's a very specific couple of areas of Paris that I'd love to live in (non-touristy and so calm and pretty. Also, amazing bookshops!). Then again, I really enjoyed Germany.. and I do love Ireland too, no place like home! :) Tbh, I think I need to travel more before I decide on a favourite. I really want to go to New Zealand and Japan!

Least favourite country? I don't have a least favourite! Everywhere I've been has been lovely.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Favourite flavour of Doritos? I can't even choose a favourite flavour of Doritos, I'm a mess! So purely based on which I want RIGHT NOW, I'll choose.. Chilli Heatwave?
    Whats on your subbed list? Far, far too many forums. Lemme see:
    2 sekkrit forums >_>; AH; Alt&Indie; Anthropology, Sociology & Culture; Biology; C&H; Creative Writing; Cycling; Fashion & Appearances; Feedback; Health Sciences; Leaving Cert (still occasionally wander and the odd time post something useful); Music; PI; Ranting&Raving; Soccer; TCD; tLL (although it makes me angry to read some threads there >.<); the Noc forum. :) Quite the list!
    Favourite meaning of \o/? The one I always used. ;_; And now elf-face also! :)

If Fad and I were to cover you in glittery eyeshadow, which colour would you like us to do it with? (The image of Conor covering you in glittery eyeshadow amuses me more than anything... :D You covering yourself in it is a bit counter productive when it's supposed to be against your will :() Oooh I think a rainbow would be necessary m'dear, but you have to promise me that he'll colour INSIDE the lines. I don't trust these male-types with eyeshadow.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Newton or Einstein? Well, since Newtonian mechanics has been the main source of angst for me this year, and I love special relativity, I'mma pick Einstein. I honestly love them both though, swears!
    O'Connell Street or Grafton Street? I'm a filthy Southsider at heart (2 years on the southside, one on the northside *nods*) so Grafton St. Also it has more shops. :P
    phlegms wrote: »
    Dirty Electro or Flithy Dubstep? I shall go for... electro!

Favourite period in History? 800 YEARS! *rants for a further 800 years* Erm, I actually found the early Irish History to be pretty damn cool, any form of Revolution has been fascinating to read about and having the biggest nationalist of a sister going, I also love the Easter Rising background, and I'll read anything about the Troubles. Oh! The various monarchs from pretty much everywhere. Also, I know mythology isn't realllllly history, but feck that - Norse mythology is cool as hell! Tbh, I <3 history, I was studying it in 5th year but switched to Physics. Makes all the difference for me now, but it's something I'd have loved to study in college!

Favourite sandwich? I'm a bagel kinda gal, and in that I go for poppy bagel, cream cheese, pesto mayo and cucumber. So good. Any form of sammich involving stuffing is also nom. Oh! And I forgot my pizza sammich of old.. Get bread, slather two slices in Dolmio, add mozzarella and your various toppings of choice, put in sandwich toaster => pizza sammich. So good.

Favourite thing about phlegms? You're just so sweet, like a carebear. Aha. Nah, you're pretty funny and you do have some fairly awesome taste in music. See! I take these things semi-seriously!

*nods*

Going back to jumpguy as his questions merit a post all by themselves!
    Do you like any classical music? If so, what? I do likee classical music, I find it really relaxing.. but ask me to name anything, and I'm stumped. I won't lie to you! :) Feel free to introduce me to some as I'd love to know more, it's just not something I've taken much time to appreciate!
    Me or deise? You're both equally lovely so I could never choose! <3

John or edward? Erm.. I'd never steal them from you and deise, I'll put it that way! ;)

What would you order in a chinese? It varies on the restaurant actually. Sometimes I'll be lazy and get a 3-in-1, generally it's some form of satay dish (chicken or prawn), and one restaurant does these amazing salt and chilli prawns. So good. Oddly enough, that's one of the few times I'll eat seafood, hate it mostly!

What your fave typa cheeeeeese? :)Hrmm! I like Edam.. Mozzarella on pizza and parmesan on any type of pasta!
    Craguls wrote: »
    Are my essays actually well written or are you just sparing my feelings?

-_- I'll know You should know me well enough by now to know how brutally honest I am. You write expectionally well, especially considering you're a science student. I don't think anything I've read of yours has been bad at all. Anything I've said about them, I've meant. :)

\o/ Getting through questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Whose dad would win in a fight, Leibniz' or Newton's?

If there was a war between medicine students and theoretical physics students, who would win and why? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Assuming you could live a perfectly healthy normal life regardless of your choice:
    Which one food and one drink would you live on for the rest of your life? (only one of each, except on Christmas and your birthday)

Assuming you could ... etc.
    Would you go without eating or without drinking for the rest of your life?

jumpguy wrote: »
    Favourite branch of physics? Argh! Tough to choose. I'm a modern physics kinda girl. I love anything bordering on the microphysics end i.e. particle physics. It's fascinating purely because they keep thinking they've finally reached the most basic of particles, and they still haven't. I almost wish they don't find the Higgs Boson purely because of the new ideas that will have to be introduced.

Favourite words? Isn't it weird how you can't think of your favourite words when you're put on the spot? :pac: I think disdain is a pretty powerful word. I also love incompetent. Words I can throw at people when they **** up (I'm talking to you, payroll dept. of a certain college I may or may not attend). They're both such negative words but I can't think of my other favourites. Can I return to this when I think of them? Oh.. and cromulent. >_> <_<

Greatest achievement to date? For myself, or in terms of how others would see it? Tbh I've a lot of things that other people would deem "achievements" that don't mean that much to me (although the olympiad was fairly awesome :D). Erm, being my own person and managing to put up with a hell of a lot of crap from a fairly young age, for varying reasons.

TCD Students or UCD Students? Well, I have some great friends from both so it's tough to choose. I <3 TCD though. But based on my friends, it's a tie. They're all awesome. :)

If you had to rate yourself overall as a person from one to ten, ten being the most awesome person anyone can ever be lucky enough to even see, and 1 being those people you hear about on the news and never hope you'd cross. Where'd you put yourself? Please don't make me do this! I don't know how I rank relative to other people, and I'd rather not think about it. I'm a good person, or at least I try to be, that's pretty much all that matters to me!

DCU - Yes or no? I've spent so much time there, between CTYI and training for the science olympiad that it'd be hard not to love the place. The beds are comfy, the college feels home-y despite being fairly ugly and the chem labs are pretty fecking cool. So in short, yes.

Were you born and raised in Dublin (sorry, I've forgotten! :o I'll probably kick myself when you tell me)? Nope, I was born and raised in Cyaaaaavan, not that anyone can tell from my accent (or lack thereof). I've spent a lot of time in Dublin since I was about 15, having made a lot of close friends here from CTYI and I love the place. I've lived in Dublin pretty much full-time the past three years, dunno if I'll stay there forever though!

Why did you change from medicine to theoritical physics? Ha! the $64,000 question. Honestly? I question it on a daily basis. I loved the practical parts of medicine (anatomy and clinical skills), but I just couldn't stick the theory side of things. I think if I could have stuck it out until the clinical years (mainly the final 2), I would have absolutely loved it. But I have no motivation and no patience.

From the maths point of view, it was only in 6th year that I really got to love it. I was always good at it but never really enjoyed it, but that year it really clicked. That was going over and over in my brain the entire first year of medicine. So I decided to take the year out, I worked and mulled over my choices, and decided that I wanted to study maths. I had Maths&German TSM down as my first choice until 5.16pm on CAO deadline day - I changed it to TP a minute late, I was lucky! I'm happy I did though, the TSM Maths course means I'd miss out on a lot of the maths whereas TP means I get to study the maths I want as well as getting to study physics. If I decide I just want to do maths, I can switch any time up until the end of 3rd year, pretty cool huh? :) Oh, and you probably think it's weird that I hated the theory of one course, yet I'm technically doing another course that is allegedly "theory". Maths never feels like theory, you just do maths. Physics is admittedly a tad dull as it's easy and theoretical - but we do get to do labs (which make me want to cry occasionally).

I'm happy with my choice, and I love my course - doesn't mean I don't question it every day!

Why are you a "smart card reader"? I was meeting a certain poster here at my luas stop one night (having already dragged a few others to my place). Said poster was tired, hungry, cold and feeling pathetic and he saw me where there was actually a smart-card reader. Ever since, that's how I've been known.

Was my theory about the "is you trollin'" thing right? What was your theory again? I can't remember how it happened tbh. At the meet-up there were far too many 4chan references, then a Boxxy reference, something about trollin'... then "HEY SHE DOES KINDA LOOK LIKE BOXXY!" "IS YOU TROLLIN'". *cries* Or something along those lines. *shrugs*

Moar questions! MOAR I SAY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

God, how come your soooo nice?
    Just reading your answers to the questions made me smile like :pac:

And are you a Gleek? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Eurovision... Love it or hate it?! :P

Davidius wrote: »
    Whose dad would win in a fight, Leibniz' or Netwon's? You asked for it! :P Though we use Leibniz notation and I've already made my feelings on Newton clear.. but still! Comic!

newton_and_leibniz.png
    If there was a war between medicine students and theoretical physics students, who would win and why? :pI'd sneakily convince both sets of students that I was on their sides, from my ninja-skills and vague knowledge of both courses. Then I'd take them all on as my minions and we would take over the world. Why fight each other when together the world is ours? *evil laugh* I mean, who could beat that combination?
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    Assuming you could live a perfectly healthy normal life regardless of your choice:
    Which one food and one drink would you live on for the rest of your life? (only one of each, except on Christmas and your birthday) If coke didn't give me such horrible migraines.. Actually, no. Lemme see. Ooh! There's this lovely sparkling elderflower drink, I don't know where I got it but it's so good! And probably some form of pasta dish - carbonara or something. *noms*

Assuming you could ... etc.
    Would you go without eating or without drinking for the rest of your life? As in I have to pick between eating or drinking? Tbh, I'd go without eating over drinking. I'd go mad without water!

Favourite C&H mod? Be honest now...

God, how come your soooo nice? I wish! :) I don't think I'm particularly nice! I'm honest to a point of bluntness and I've found it to be quite the shortcoming at times! Not everyone likes it. >.< Thank you for that though! :)
    Just reading your answers to the questions made me smile like :pac:

And are you a Gleek? :)I am a TOTAL Gleek. Love it, love it, love it. So endlessly entertaining. It's funny, it's sweet, it's full of wonderfully awkward people so it's believeable and of course the songs! :)
    ohthebaby wrote: »
    Eurovision... Love it or hate it?! :P I find it so painfully entertaining! So a little from Column A, a little from Column B.

Questions are fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Favourite Radiohead song?

Favourite C&H mod? Be honest now...

Sneaky! ;) I plead the fifth choose the catmods! :pac: Do I have to choose based on personality or based on modskills? As if it's the former I can't possibly judge having only met two of them.

>_>

<_<

flyswatter wrote: »
    Favourite Radiohead song?

Argh! I love so many of them that choosing would actually hurt me! I'll choose based on which song I've listened to most this past week, so that'll be Talk Show Host. This favourite changes on a daily/weekly/monthly basis so it's not necessarily an absolute favourite. <3<3<3 Radiohead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Favourite United player ever?

Will we win the league this season?

• Advertisement

Favourite United player ever?

Will we win the league this season?

Why do people keep asking me my favourite thing from a choice of so many awesome things? Hasn't it become clear that I'm painfully indecisive?! I'll pick any from the stereotypical Law, Best, Cantona, Keane to Scholes, Solskjaer (epic, epic sub and all-around decent guy. Seems like he'll never leave United! One of the few quiet players in terms of the media and one of those rare types who wants to give so much back rather than just taking all he can get.). Ok, probably Solskjaer. :)

Unless either side screw up, it's all coming down to that game vs Chelsea at Old Trafford. Roll on April 3rd.. I reckon United have the beating of them, and are less likely to choke. Four in a row would be a serious achievement, and if it happens, I hope it's not what prompts Ferguson to leave. I don't want him to gooooooo.. ;_;

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement