Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the playpen; Aoibheann

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What kind of sick freak would go out with someone they met on the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Fad wrote: »
    I knew it! :eek:

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

No-one on C&H of course, we're all too cool for that, only a loser would do it.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    No-one on C&H of course, we're all too cool for that, only a loser would do it.

"Sick freak" kinda covers it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Many of my friends? And I believe I said before, you insult my friends => I keeeeel you.

;)

• Advertisement

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Many of my friends? And I believe I said before, you insult my friends => I keeeeel you.

;)

I insult myself? I would consider myself a friend of your's.....you would kill your friend? :eek:

I insult myself? I would consider myself a friend of your's.....you would kill your friend? :eek:

:O You insult yourself? What are you saying, oh Fad dearest..? :P

I'd never kill you. Who'd insult me then? Craguls would do it, but he'd keep apologising, and A Neurotic'd just laugh mid-insult, which makes it not remotely insulting. :)

Aoibheann wrote: »
    :O You insult yourself? What are you saying, oh Fad dearest..? :P

I'd never kill you. Who'd insult me then? Craguls would do it, but he'd keep apologising, and A Neurotic'd just laugh mid-insult, which makes it not remotely insulting. :)

Who me? Whut?

Good point you durty nurd......

Who me? Whut?

Good point you durty nurd......

Who you indeed! I'm on to you.. *narrows eyes*

<3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If you were ever to be serenaded by a handsome gentleman with a guitar, what 3 songs would you request and why?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Conor or Ross?

/mod joke

What's the one question you're hoping no one asks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

If you were ever to be serenaded by a handsome gentleman with a guitar, what 3 songs would you request and why?

I'll admit it, IO is asking this on my behalf, I was just too shy to ask for myself.

I'll admit it, IO is asking this on my behalf, I was just too shy to ask for myself.

*Prepares Guitar and very fast internet connection*

I'm not even sure I know any handsome gentlemen who can play a guitar.. :pac:

If I did, erm.. Oh god, I don't know! I'd have to pick at least one Radiohead song, because I think everyone in the entire world knows how much I love them now. A good (if stereotypical) acoustic song for them would be Fake Plastic Trees, so probably that. Or maybe High and Dry, because I've a weird attachment to that song. So either of those for the 1st choice.

Okay, using my last.fm to help me out now.. my second choice would be Delicate - Damien Rice, because it's amazing. Or Volcano! Wow, I really am indecisive.. >.<

Can I pick more than three? I'd also like Jeff Buckley - Lilac Wine. I love that song and I've always wanted to learn it myself, but there's no way in hell I'm good enough to sing it. And given my current obsession with Mumford & Sons, I'd pick either Awake My Soul or After the Storm, both of which I'm listening to far too frequently atm.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Conor or Ross?

/mod joke

What's the one question you're hoping no one asks?

Well, I know Ross, so Conor! :pac: Kidding, Ross is a lovely guy (I'm sure Conor is too though) so it's got to be him.

I honestly can't think of anything I don't want people to ask. Sure, I have my boundaries, but I think it's a case of deciding that when I see the questions. I have very little shame! :P I reserve the right to refuse to answer a question I feel is too awkward though at the same time. :)

Ssssh! You must never tell anyone of our secret love! >_>

One of the most embarrassing things you've ever done/have happened to you?

What d'you think of when you first hear the name "Tommy"?

jumpguy wrote: »
    One of the most embarrassing things you've ever done/have happened to you?

What d'you think of when you first hear the name "Tommy"?

I honestly can't think of anything, so I've either blocked out the memory, or I really have no shame. I used to be really embarrassed about my clumsiness in general, it's seriously bad. I've learned to live with the fact that I have absolutely woeful co-ordination. Apparently some people find it amusing/endearing.. o.O

Tommy Hilfiger? Tommys Wonderland, that shop that recently closed down in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre? Tommy, as in The Who's fourth album? Tommy Fleming? Tommy Tiernan :pac: It depends on the context of how I'm hearing it surely? You're obviously asking me something very pointed here to see whether I'm confirming or denying something. :P

On another, completely different note, I have a lovely boyfriend. >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

What's your favourite book?
    What's the longest book you've read?
    What would be your top five / ten / twenty favourite music artists?
    If you could curate a music festival, what bands / artists would you include in the line up (you have a limit of ten bands / artists -- you can include bands from any era, even ones whose members have passed away)?
    When is it mothers' day? I googled it but I can't seem to get one consistent date!

Right enough of the pish posh questions, here's a slightly more challenging one taken from Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov:
    "Imagine that you are creating a fabric of human destiny with the object of making men happy in the end, giving them peace and rest at last, but that it was essential and inevitable to torture to death only one tiny creature -- that baby beating his breast with its fist, for instance -- and to found that edifice on its unavenged tears, would you consent to be the architect on these conditions?"
    To put in a nutshell, would you, in order to secure world peace, torture a small child? (Slight -- and perhaps nasty -- variation to my usual question of whether you would kill a dog or something for a large sum of money :P.)

If you could swap lives with any boardsie for a day who'd that boardsie be?

Monzo wrote: »
    What's your favourite book? Oh god, oh god, oh god. Far too many. I love a few of the Russian classics (Anna Karenina, Crime and Punishment, Lolita being the three off the top of my head), and then I absolutely love fantasy (Trudi Canavan, Robin Hobb being two of my favourite authors). I read The Lovely Bones recently and it was amazing. Ok, those taken into account, I'll pick the two that have had the biggest inpact on me: The Book Thief (Markus Zusak) and The Bell Jar (Sylvia Plath).

What's the longest book you've read? I couldn't tell you. Ulysses certainly felt like the longest, it was pure stubbornness that got me through it. Worth it though.

What would be your top five / ten / twenty favourite music artists? Radiohead are always, always, always first. I'll go by my last.fm and add The Cure, Death Cab for Cutie, Mumford & Sons (current addiction), Belle & Sebastian, Wolf Parade, Portishead, New Order, Damien Rice, Jeff Buckley, The Smiths, Sarah McLachlan, Muse, Regina Spektor, Modest Mouse, Neil Young, The Frames, Bell X1, The Clash.. Many more, but those shall do for now.

If you could curate a music festival, what bands / artists would you include in the line up (you have a limit of ten bands / artists -- you can include bands from any era, even ones whose members have passed away)? Ok, I'm going for an epic one here: Raaaaaaadiohead, of course. The Clash, The Cure, Queen, The Smiths, Led Zeppelin, Muse, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Johnny Cash

When is it mothers' day? I googled it but I can't seem to get one consistent date! March 14th. :) It varies each year.

Right enough of the pish posh questions, here's a slightly more challenging one taken from Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov:
    "Imagine that you are creating a fabric of human destiny with the object of making men happy in the end, giving them peace and rest at last, but that it was essential and inevitable to torture to death only one tiny creature -- that baby beating his breast with its fist, for instance -- and to found that edifice on its unavenged tears, would you consent to be the architect on these conditions?"
    To put in a nutshell, would you, in order to secure world peace, torture a small child? (Slight -- and perhaps nasty -- variation to my usual question of whether you would kill a dog or something for a large sum of money :P.)
    I don't think it's nastier per se, but then again, I prefer animals to people (they're more innocent but then again, little child.. :/) and I'd never, EVER hurt an animal. At the same time, I don't think I could ever torture a small child, and I don't believe world peace is ever attainable, and nor do I think it's entirely suitable for the human nature. We need some conflict, no matter how small, to drive us. I don't mean war or anything of the sort - sure all wars can be broken down into many tiny conflicts that are easily resolved, they just aren't due to the stubbornness of humans. To have world peace would involve totally changing human nature, and it could be in a very negative way, despite its seemingly positive connotations. That make sense?

Some excellent questions there! :)

• Advertisement

jumpguy wrote: »
    If you could swap lives with any boardsie for a day who'd that boardsie be?

Pretty much any of 'em I hang out with/speak to on a reasonably regular basis!

Sarcastic Fairy - I'd learn how to do some seriously awesome eye make-up, I'd get the chance to do Law for a day (something I was considering a few years back), and also because she's just so lovely that you can't help but be nice to her. Or else. *narrows eyes* Then people would be nice to me!

Fad - I'd get to be reaaaaally sarcastic and amusingly insulting, and everyone would accept it because I'm Fad. <3

A Neurotic - I'd love to see if a new experience of medicine would make it more appealing to me, and to see it from a different perspective. Also, I'd get to be an indie-boy.

Craguls - I'd love to learn how he's so motivated, the boy will go far with his attitude. Schols '11. <3

Extrasupervery - so I'd have just the right accent to say "Gurrrrrrrrrrl". ;) Also, because then I too would know how to be endlessly entertaining.

D4RK ONION - so I can somehow plant it in his head that the ";_;" smiley is mine and mine alone!

Insect Overlord - for the mod powers over C&H. >_>

DeVore - so I'd know the whole story behind the boards hack.

jumpguy - so I know what questions he'll ask next! :P

;_;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Do you think if I say "D4RK ONION" three times in a row he'll appear and then tear out my soul?

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    ;_;

...<3?
    Davidius wrote: »
    Do you think if I say "D4RK ONION" three times in a row he'll appear and then tear out my soul?

You have to be in a locked room, in complete darkness, looking into a mirror. That's how he rolls. *nods*

Tomato or tomato?

Tomato or tomato?

A little from column A, a little from column B? Mainly tomato. >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

why [if] are you up at 2 in the morning?

coke or pepsi?

what will you be doing on December 21, 2012? :p

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »

She will be preparing for the imminent Festivus Festivities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

What's your favourite book? Oh god, oh god, oh god. Far too many. I love a few of the Russian classics (Anna Karenina, Crime and Punishment, Lolita being the three off the top of my head) [...] What's the longest book you've read? I couldn't tell you. Ulysses certainly felt like the longest, it was pure stubbornness that got me through it. Worth it though.

Aaaaagh, I've read Crime and Punishment and I really want to read the other two (I've had Anna Karenina lying on my desk for the past six months waiting for college to end so I can digest it properly without distraction). Ulysses is another monster on my list, figure I'll leave it for a few years though.

I don't think it's nastier per se, but then again, I prefer animals to people (they're more innocent but then again, little child.. :/) and I'd never, EVER hurt an animal. At the same time, I don't think I could ever torture a small child, and I don't believe world peace is ever attainable, and nor do I think it's entirely suitable for the human nature. We need some conflict, no matter how small, to drive us. I don't mean war or anything of the sort - sure all wars can be broken down into many tiny conflicts that are easily resolved, they just aren't due to the stubbornness of humans. To have world peace would involve totally changing human nature, and it could be in a very negative way, despite its seemingly positive connotations. That make sense?

Yes! It also provides a strong basis of showing how hypothetical questions are a tad nonsensical! :D

Anyway. Freddos: Caramel variety or Normal variety?

• Advertisement

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    why [if] are you up at 2 in the morning?

coke or pepsi?

I have no idea, I usually am though.. and I like routine? *shrugs*

Coke, even though it occasionally gives me migraines. :(

Fad is entirely correct, assuming all goes to plan this year and in 2011. *nods*
    She will be preparing for the imminent Festivus Festivities!

<3 Watching the wrestling! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement