Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the playpen; Aoibheann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Ever wish you were an arts block person instead of a hamiltonian??

Well, I did consider doing Maths/German or Maths/Psych TSM, so maybe half an arts block person.. >_>

But no, I'm a science nerd through and through, I could never be anything but a Hamiltonian!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Maths or physics?

It's maths isn't it? :)

Jay P wrote: »
    Maths or physics?

It's maths isn't it? :)

Maths, always maths. Even though it's SO much harder, it's way more interesting. Though that said, there's one or two areas of physics that I could see myself working in. There's about 20 different maths fields along with that though so chances are slim! :pac:

<3 Maths. Even after a Linear Algebra exam today, which I was woefully underprepared for. *Some* study may have helped! :D But it was grand - scraped a pass anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Did you always love maths or was it more of a gradual thing?

Most fun you've ever had?

Any odd habits? :p

Did you always love maths or was it more of a gradual thing? Neither, it was a sudden thing! I was always good at maths, so I used to see it as a fairly handy A. Then as we got to do some more interesting/tougher parts in 6th year (my maths teacher used to give us calculus questions from the 70's LC papers!), I suddenly started really enjoying it, which made it even easier to do. I never felt like I was studying maths because I liked doing the questions. I loved the challenging questions because it was all the more satisfying getting them out. I think that's what JC (and early LC) maths was lacking for me, and that's why I didn't love it at that time - I love a challenge. :)

Most fun you've ever had? That's SUCH a tough question. Here's a few times I can think of:

My birthday this year was amazing - I was at a local gig, knew everyone there and all the bands playing. Every band/singer dedicated a song to me, then they dragged me up for 21 kisses and finally they all sang a Radiohead song together for me - Karma Police (for the "talks in maths" bit! :pac:). Loved it.

Also, the summer between 6th year and college was amazing. I got to spend so much time with my friends, despite having a job - which meant I had money too. I loved every bit of it, all the mini-dramas included.

A random day two of my friends and I wandered to the local playground last summer. There's this HUGE swing that you can fit two people on easily, so two of us would sit in the swing at once, while the third was lying underneath (weird feeling, it's cool). Many pictures were taken, junk food consumed, just one of those really *nice* days..

I have a hell of a lot of fun once any of my close friends are around. I could be doing anything - watching a rugby match from behind my hands (scared stiff!), dossing around my place listening to music and finding out what the top 60 ghetto names are, walking around the place doing nothing at all - and it'd still be great. :)

Any odd habits? :pWell, nail-biting isn't odd per se, but it's a terrible habit that I should give up. I have a load of OCD-type habits, like repeatedly checking that something's switched off/closed/locked - I can't count the number of times I've gotten a drink from the fridge, gone upstairs, thought "oh crap, did I close the fridge door?", go back down to check - opening and closing the fridge in the process just to be sure - go back upstairs, think the exact same thing again and go back down... Yeah, I'm just a bit weird. >.< Also, I've a habit of pulling at the collar of my tshirts/tops/whatever I'm wearing, which has recently been pointed out to me. I didn't notice! >.<

Nice questions - they actually forced me to think! So much effort. :P Moar questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

If you had an opportunity to be part of the crew on the first manned mission to land on Mars, an exceptionally risky and very long mission, would you go (bear in mind, long time without Earth, and also, close to Mars, communications take 20 minutes)?

What would you live most about space, besides to zero-gravity?

What's your favourite sport?

Any fears (eg. heights)?

Any irrational fears (don't say "yerra, aren't all fears irrational, REALLY?")?

Would you ever go bungee-jumping?

If you could think of a question for me to ask you, what would you ask?

jumpguy wrote: »
    If you had an opportunity to be part of the crew on the first manned mission to land on Mars, an exceptionally risky and very long mission, would you go (bear in mind, long time without Earth, and also, close to Mars, communications take 20 minutes)? Depends on who else was in the crew! :P I'd love to, it'd be an amazing experience and I don't think it's something I could ever turn down.

What would you live most about space, besides to zero-gravity? Being able to look down on the earth and see just how tiny it really is. So, perspective in every sense. :)

What's your favourite sport? To play or to watch? If I'm participating - I <3 me my martial arts, training has got me through a lot of crap the past few years by being the one thing I could really focus my frustration at! Cycling is also a lot of fun. :) Watching - rugby, then soccer. Like playing both too. :)

Any fears (eg. heights)? No actual fears. I'm not a fan of spiders, or insects (too many legs! Seriously!), but I'm not actually afraid of them. I LOVE heights actually, I used to be seriously into climbing. Erm, I'll go with failure, because I'm the biggest perfectionist going and as such set ridiculous standards for myself.

Any irrational fears (don't say "yerra, aren't all fears irrational, REALLY?")? Yerra... :pac: Honestly, the failure one, because it's so easy to avoid. I think it's because it's something I haven't had any real experience of, it's a fear that has grown out of proportion!

Would you ever go bungee-jumping? Damn right I would! It's on my list. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie so I love extreme sports!

If you could think of a question for me to ask you, what would you ask? I'm reeeeeally unimaginative today. ;_; I'd say.. "What is love?"

BABY DON'T HURT ME, DON'T HURT ME, NO MORE!
    :pac:

*dances*

omg...Savage self-question, and savage song. :D

omg...Savage self-question, and savage song. :D

You never asked it though.. ;_; Luckily I already answered it, but still! :P

<3 that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I don't know if this has been asked...

what's your faveourite smell?

name something small and insignificant about the world that you just love

I'm sorry my questions suck! Jumpguy seems to have a genuine talent for this thread!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I know you answered about gigs you've recently gone to, but have you any plans to go to any over the coming months or during the summer?

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    Yeah actually, if I haven't already thanked every post that said it, you are actually do seem to be quite a genuine, lovely, bright person! :)

/soppy post...I should do something manly now to make up for that....
    I'm sorry my questions suck! Jumpguy seems to have a genuine talent for this thread!
    I carry a notebook, whenever I think of a good question, I jot it down!

Not really, I'm not that sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Next question: How are you so good at tricking people into thinking you're nice?

eVeNtInE wrote: »

You guys are far too nice to me! :)

Extreme ironing.. >_>

Erm, cliff-diving, various watersports. Want to go skydiving/bungee-jumping next. :)
    I don't know if this has been asked...

what's your faveourite smell? Ooh! Vanilla I think. Freshly cut grass is another. Oh, the day after there's been heavy rain, it's dried up and the world smells all fresh and new. Nice boy smell! :D

name something small and insignificant about the world that you just love Well, we're all pretty small and insignificant, aren't we, on that sort of scale? :) I love thoughtful people. I love the 10 minutes extra sleep you get when you hit "snooze" on your alarm, or accidentally setting your alarm for the weekend, waking up and realising you can go back to sleep for as long as you like. I love going home and sitting by the fire when it's absolutely freezing outside. I love sitting in places like cafes and watching everything that's going on - I love analysing body language. They're all little things, and more *my* things than about the world, but meh! :)

I'm sorry my questions suck! Jumpguy seems to have a genuine talent for this thread!:D I honestly really liked your questions! They're lovely <3
    Yeah actually, if I haven't already thanked every post that said it, you are actually do seem to be quite a genuine, lovely, bright person! :)

/soppy post...I should do something manly now to make up for that....
    I carry a notebook, whenever I think of a good question, I jot it down!

Not really, I'm not that sad. :(

<3

But where's my question?! :pac:

Jay P wrote: »
    I know you answered about gigs you've recently gone to, but have you any plans to go to any over the coming months or during the summer?

I'm honestly not sure! I've nothing planned as yet, and I'm not a huge fan of Oxegen. Perhaps EP or something smaller? I'd love, love, love if Radiohead were to do a gig anytime in the forseeable future. I honestly have no idea if there's anything decent in the line of gigs coming up, I'm so out of the loop. >.<
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Next question: How are you so good at tricking people into thinking you're nice?

I haven't a clue - I'm not even trying! As you said, I'd make a great politician.. ;)

I'm honestly shocked about the compliments I've received in this thread, you're all far too sweet. <3 C&Hers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Aoibheann wrote: »
    I'm honestly shocked about the compliments I've received in this thread, you're all far too sweet. <3 C&Hers!

This is worrying and must be rectified immediately.

Aoibheann, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish in the eyes of others.

Your move. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Aoibheann, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish in the eyes of others.

And let's not forget her occasionally creased clothing, and the fact that her singing voice is somewhat thin and reedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Still hate getting compliments? :p

Have ya seen the new Alice In Wonderland?

And why are United's players always injured this season? :(

A Neurotic wrote: »
    And let's not forget her occasionally creased clothing, and the fact that her singing voice is somewhat thin and reedy.

Neither of these are questions, so I technically don't need to respond to them. :P

At the same time, it's all true! :P (I accept insults much better than compliments, however I reserve the right to punch both of you, and anyone who thanks your posts. :pac:)
    Still hate getting compliments? :pHa. Aha. Ahahahahaha. Yup, still the same. I've been getting an overload of them lately too, and I find it difficult to process them. Does not compute, basically. >.<

Have ya seen the new Alice In Wonderland? I have not. I hear it's a bit meh, but I'll possibly go along as I do <3 Tim Burton.

And why are United's players always injured this season? :(It's just to test our nerves, I reckon. Hopefully the end result will still be United with the title, they just want to scare us a little along the way. >.<

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are you looking forward to the Champions' League game tomorrow night, or is it going to be more of a test of your nerves than entertainment?

Are you looking forward to the Champions' League game tomorrow night, or is it going to be more of a test of your nerves than entertainment?

Hrmm, let me see. United have the three away goals, and the 3-2 lead overall, so they need a 2 goal win, unless they win 4-3+, which is highly unlikely. United's defence, while severely depleted, isn't like to concede four goals (doesn't usually concede 2+), and hopefully they won't concede at all. And that's not even mentioning United's attacking players.

That said, I'll probably still be a bundle of nerves (as usual!), though I know United should be safe. If United get an early goal, I can relax and enjoy it, otherwise I'll be on the edge of my seat for the 90 minutes! >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Gonna have to agree that Aoibheann is a legend.

What is it about the world that makes you the most angry?

Jako8 wrote: »
    Gonna have to agree that Aoibheann is a legend.

What is it about the world that makes you the most angry?

It always boils down to people, and a specific type of person at that. Ignorant people, judgemental/prejudiced people.. I may have mentioned that I dislike those types once or twice. >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Aoibheann wrote: »
    It always boils down to people, and a specific type of person at that. Ignorant people, judgemental/prejudiced people.. I may have mentioned that I dislike those types once or twice. >.<

Cries.

Boston wrote: »
    Cries.

Is my choice really *that* bad that it merits tears? :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Boston wrote: »
    Cries.

Boston can feel pain?! *takes notes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Can't believe I haven't posted a question in this yet :o

Ok, since I couldn't be arsed to read over all 12 pages just right now, I'll ask something that *hopefully* hasn't been asked yet.

Ever seen Riverdance? Or Lord of the Dance? Any of those shows? Opinions?

Have you ever taken Berocca? Do you think it does anything?

What is the greatest mathematical equation ever, in your opinion?

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Boston can feel pain?! *takes notes*

It would appear so. Victory is mine once again! \o/
    Hotaru wrote: »
    Can't believe I haven't posted a question in this yet :oHa, no worries. Thank you for these! :)

Ok, since I couldn't be arsed to read over all 12 pages just right now, I'll ask something that *hopefully* hasn't been asked yet. 40 posts/page = 5 pages = win! \o/

Ever seen Riverdance? Or Lord of the Dance? Any of those shows? Opinions? I've never seen any dance-y shows live, nope. I've been to the Cirque de Soleil though, and that was one of the coolest experiences ever. Wow, just wow. The contortionists especially. Totally worth the ridiculous ticket price!

Have you ever taken Berocca? Do you think it does anything? Never. Placebo effect, I dunno. What's in it? If there's caffeine, maybe it does something? :S

What is the greatest mathematical equation ever, in your opinion? Oh now that's just unfair! Off the top of my head, this one is pretty awesome. But so tough. >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

these have probably been asked but anyway:

Favourite song/artist/album?

Twilight: Ghey or nay?

Michael Jackson: Did he do anything?

Thoughts on Obama?

Favourite Smiley?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement