Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the playpen; Aoibheann

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

these have probably been asked but anyway:

Favourite song/artist/album? I can't decide on a favourite song. Radiohead are my favourite band by a long shot, and any of their albums. Too difficult to choose, and it depends on my mood too. Also love Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More (the album), Death Cab for Cutie - Plans, anything by The Smiths, The Cure.. so so many.. >><

Twilight: Ghey or nay? Pretty crap, but I enjoy heckling the movies. I read the books, they're trash, but they were something to read when I had run out of books. >.<

Michael Jackson: Did he do anything? Hard to judge. He clearly wasn't all there, so what we would have judged as being something wrong isn't necessarily what he would have judged.. So maybe.

Thoughts on Obama? I need more time to see if he's just all talk, or he can actually carry out his promises. Undecided on his presidency thus far.

Favourite Smiley? The lovely SarcasticFairy has asked, but I think I said :pac: for the boards one, and \o/, ;_;, >_> in general

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Did you ever notice Akon says "I'm trying to find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful" and chooses "Sexy Bitch" as the words? Do you not find these words rather disrespectful? Hence, is Akon abit of an idiot?

Do you wake up in a cold sweat at the thought of a zombie invasion?

Any causes you feel particularly passionate about?

Last excellent change of fortune you experienced?

Last and worst bad hair day?

Have you ever laughed so hard fluid in your mouth came out your nose?

Ever slept through the entire day?

Favourite Michael Jackson song?

jumpguy wrote: »
    Did you ever notice Akon says "I'm trying to find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful" and chooses "Sexy Bitch" as the words? Do you not find these words rather disrespectful? Hence, is Akon abit of an idiot? That's perfectly logical reasoning, but tbh I thought he was a bit of an idiot anyway. That just confirmed it. :pac:

Do you wake up in a cold sweat at the thought of a zombie invasion? Pfft, no way. I'd kick their asses. :cool:

Any causes you feel particularly passionate about? Hrmm, well I've done a lot of different fundraising events for Our Lady's Children's Hospital, so anything I can do for them. :) Animal cruelty prevention too (shush, I know I'm not a vegetarian >.<), which is why I can't stand going to the zoo, it makes me cry. Any form of mental health awareness campaigns (I've been part of a few through school and college). Loads more I'm sure but nothing I can think of right now!

Last excellent change of fortune you experienced? Finding out two weeks ago I'd got the physics scholarship I'd been waiting to hear about for months, from an actual fortune point of view. Oh, and the friends I've made in the past few months. Serious <3.

Last and worst bad hair day? Oh, every day I hate my hair more and more. It needs a cut, yet again (I have to get it cut every 6 weeks max before it starts getting a bit wild), but I'm trying to grow it. So hair is currently not good. >.< However, I hide it with hats occasionally.

Have you ever laughed so hard fluid in your mouth came out your nose? No actually, I'm much more likely to choke while laughing unfortunately!

Ever slept through the entire day? Does waking up about 5pm count? 'cause I've done that loads over various holiday.. >.<

Favourite Michael Jackson song? I <3 Billie Jean or Man In the Mirror. :)

And another set of excellent questions, much appreciated. :) Moar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Aoibheann wrote: »
    It always boils down to people, and a specific type of person at that. Ignorant people, judgemental/prejudiced people.. I may have mentioned that I dislike those types once or twice. >.<

Is it not a bit prejudiced hating ignorant people? :P

Also, lame for not being able to tell me if Alice is worth going to see. Bah. :pac:

Is it not a bit prejudiced hating ignorant people? :P

Also, lame for not being able to tell me if Alice is worth going to see. Bah. :pac:

It would be if I hated them. Dislike, not so much. :P They'll be blissfully unaware of it anyway! >_>

My apologies. I've helped you enough with picking books, so shush!

• Advertisement

It would be if I hated them. Dislike, not so much. :P They'll be blissfully unaware of it anyway! >_>

My apologies. I've helped you enough with picking books, so shush!

Heh, ignorance is bliss alright.

And I didn't mean you were lame, merely that it was lame you couldn't tell me if the film was worth seeing. I've f all time to actually go to the cinema so I need to make sure it's worth it. :pac:

Oh and, favourite author, given the mention of books?

Heh, ignorance is bliss alright.

And I didn't mean you were lame, merely that it was lame you couldn't tell me if the film was worth seeing. I've f all time to actually go to the cinema so I need to make sure it's worth it. :pac:

Oh and, favourite author, given the mention of books?

Erm, as I said, apparently it's meh! :P

And have people really not learned how crap I am at picking favourites? ;_; Jim Butcher, Robin Hobb, Trudi Canavan, George RR Martin when he's not being quite so crude, Vladimir Nabokov, F Scott Fitzgerald.. Jim Butcher manages to be both prolific (2 boths a year!) and awesome, so him for that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The question that divides so many people, it's the question of all questions imo....

Nestle or Cadburys easter eggs? :cool:

The question that divides so many people, it's the question of all questions imo....

Nestle or Cadburys easter eggs? :cool:

Of those, Cadburys! Maltesers easter eggs are the best though. Nom. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What do you think of Joy Division in general? (We spoke about New Order, but not really about JD)

Favourite New Order song(s)?

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    What do you think of Joy Division in general? (We spoke about New Order, but not really about JD)

Favourite New Order song(s)?

I <3 Joy Division. Got into New Order through them. You should watch the film "Control", I think you'd enjoy it!

So many favourites asked! Grargh. >_< Hrmm, lemme see. I'll just pick a couple at random. :P Blue Monday is a given for it's general awesomeness, Shellshock, Perfect Kiss.. all of Substance tbh. Erm, Ultraviolence.. Oh god, there's far too many. I'll listen to all of New Order again and get back to you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I <3 Joy Division. Got into New Order through them. You should watch the film "Control", I think you'd enjoy it!

So many favourites asked! Grargh. >_< Hrmm, lemme see. I'll just pick a couple at random. :P Blue Monday is a given for it's general awesomeness, Shellshock, Perfect Kiss.. all of Substance tbh. Erm, Ultraviolence.. Oh god, there's far too many. I'll listen to all of New Order again and get back to you. :)

I've been meaning to!

Substance is obscenely good :D

Thoughts on Unknown Pleasures in comparison to the rest of their back catalog?

Fad wrote: »
    I've been meaning to!

Substance is obscenely good :D

Thoughts on Unknown Pleasures in comparison to the rest of their back catalog?

Do, do, do! I have it somewhere (the Cavan kind of somewhere >.<) so shall dig it out. Soundtrack is excellent too.

<3 Substance.

As you said yourself, 'tis good, but it's not their best. At the same time, I'm judging that on their high standards, so for any other artist it'd probably be very good to excellent. :) Shadowplay, She's Lost Control and Wilderness are highlights for me. Problem is, they've only 2 studio albums - it and Closer (which I <3). Then there's the compilations like Substance (1977-1980), Warsaw (which I can't seem to find on my laptop atm >.<) which I also really enjoyed. Shall dig all out for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Do you know who I am?

Do you know who I am?

But she doesn't know who I am
    And she doesn't give a damn about me..

'CAUSE I'M JUST A TEENAGE DIRTBAG BABY!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I passed you on the stairs going up to a physics lecture today. I was either shouting at someone for being sick, or I was still in pain over my awful joke about Jordan Normal forms.. >.< Would I be right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

But she doesn't know who I am
    And she doesn't give a damn about me..

'CAUSE I'M JUST A TEENAGE DIRTBAG BABY!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I passed you on the stairs going up to a physics lecture today. I was either shouting at someone for being sick, or I was still in pain over my awful joke about Jordan Normal forms.. >.< Would I be right?

amb483.gif

Yes, I think so.

amb483.gif

Yes, I think so.

I (accidentally) stalk good! \o/ Oh physics, so, so pointless atm. ;_;

Nice to meet/accidentally stalk you? :pac:

Erm, as I said, apparently it's meh! :P

And have people really not learned how crap I am at picking favourites? ;_; Jim Butcher, Robin Hobb, Trudi Canavan, George RR Martin when he's not being quite so crude, Vladimir Nabokov, F Scott Fitzgerald.. Jim Butcher manages to be both prolific (2 boths a year!) and awesome, so him for that. :D
    Heh, fair few similarities with what I've read. Less awful muck though. For shame.

And surely you know me well enough to know that I'm fairly dopey and easily forget things like people not being good at picking favourites, or names, phone numbers, etc. ><
    Of those, Cadburys! Maltesers easter eggs are the best though. Nom. :)

Green and Blacks Milk or Maltesers? :p

Heh, fair few similarities with what I've read. Less awful muck though. For shame.

And surely you know me well enough to know that I'm fairly dopey and easily forget things like people not being good at picking favourites, or names, phone numbers, etc. ><

Green and Blacks Milk or Maltesers? :p

Wait, I read less awful muck, or you do? I read awesome books thank you very much! :P

I refuse to pick anymore! I can't. They're both amazing, but at different times. Green and Blacks = proper chocolate. *nods*

How was your teens? Terribly awkward, terribly embarrassing, great craic, or all of the above?

• Advertisement

jumpguy wrote: »
    How was your teens? Terribly awkward, terribly embarrassing, great craic, or all of the above?

All of the above, definitely - they're probably a bit of all 3 for everyone really! I never really had any phases as a teenager. Sure, I've changed, but a lot more gradually and more subtly than that I guess. I used to have some very strong opinions about certain things, and, while I'm still very opinionated, I no longer just see things as being black or white - there's always grey areas, so my opinions have mellowed in some cases to account for that.

My teens were a lot of fun, made some great friends over those years though the sad thing is for me that I see the friends I've made in the past year or so as being the ones who're really going to last, not the ones I made in my teens (with a few exceptions). That's an odd feeling!

Best summer of my teens was the one between my leaving cert and college, think I mentioned it in this thread already. Just one of those perfect times really. :D

I'm sure I could post so much about this - random memories from school, various quotes scribbled down when they were fitting/hilarious.. Ah, love the feeling of nostalgia..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

United look to be going into the last 8 of the CL, who do you want us to draw?

Geniuses or Genii?

Favourite colour-involved band name? (e.g. Deep Purple, Green Day, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc.)

United look to be going into the last 8 of the CL, who do you want us to draw? Honestly, that's far too tough for me to call now, not knowing the other half of the teams that are going to get through until next week and all. The winner of the Bordeaux/Olympiakos tie maybe? Oh, tonight's match has been just lovely. I don't know how Rooney got so good with headers recently, but I'm certainly not complaining!

Geniuses or Genii? Geniuses, like octopuses. Heh, octopuses.

Favourite colour-involved band name? (e.g. Deep Purple, Green Day, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc.) Seeing as you mentioned them there, Pink Floyd, almost certainly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Sha Nay Nay or Tay Tay?

Sha Nay Nay or Tay Tay?

Guuuuuuuuuuuuurrrl, tbh. ;)<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

WUV U!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Explain the context of your sig plz :)

phlegms wrote: »
    Beat ya to it phlegms.

(Only in the wrong thread!) :pac:

phlegms wrote: »

Here we go, copypasta job from the Den. :)
    Wrong thread, sigh. :P It came from a conversation between myself and a friend I live with. She was trying clothes on in her room, came out fairly dressed up, so of course I asked her "Isn't that a bit dressy?", to which she replied "I'm going to Burger King."...

Of course, it all became clear then. :confused:

:pac:

Strange, yes?

Oh, and jumpguy, phlegms gets credit for asking it in the right thread.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Oh, and jumpguy, phlegms gets credit for asking it in the right thread.. :pac:

I also get extra bonus credit for being awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement