Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R132 - Blakes Cross - Temp Traffic Lights

Options
  • 05-03-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here have a clue what exactly the roadworks on the R132 Balbriggan - Swords roads entail?

There are 3 sets of traffic lights now, close to Blakes cross and in fairness, it's becoming a bit of pain going that way because of the delays.

Any idea what exactly the council (?) is doing there and when it will be over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

it looks like a large water main or could even be sewerage that seems to go all the way past statoil up to a large chamber on the m1

they are taking their sweet time with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Well it has been going on for over two years now all along the road, as soon as they finish one bit they move to another. As it is no longer a main road there is presumably no pressure to complete it quickly so only a small team are ever at it at one time.

from a construction point of view there is always pressure . time is money and all. it could be trickier work than it looks. I do drainage and stuff like that they are big pipes and Fingal Co Co do have traffic management time retrictions which governs their work hours too i would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

It is a water main. The lights at Ministers Cross (near the Roundtower Petrol station are gone). They are supposed to be finished the work at the end of May. Pierse Contracting are doing the work for Fingal Coco Waterworks Dept. There does not seem to be any sense of urgency in completing the works and I find the lack of signage disingenuous.I wonder what it is costing and why they seem to be digging up the same spots twice??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

the road works are an archaeological dig they are hoping to find out why skerries made a rush on lusk with swords :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭reservoirdubdub

Is it something to do with EirGrid.
    East - West Electricty Cables.
    Comes in from U.K. at Rush .

Fingalian wrote: »
    It is a water main. The lights at Ministers Cross (near the Roundtower Petrol station are gone). They are supposed to be finished the work at the end of May. Pierse Contracting are doing the work for Fingal Coco Waterworks Dept. There does not seem to be any sense of urgency in completing the works and I find the lack of signage disingenuous.I wonder what it is costing and why they seem to be digging up the same spots twice??

i will agree their signage and general traffic management leaves a lot to be desired. in fact some schemes that they have set up i know if that was on a more high profile job that i have worked on would not have been accepted. some are plain dangerous.

and for diggin holes twice that could be down to a leaking pipe. a pipe failing a pressure test or chain in design. ( which happens quite frequently after works have been done)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Well thanks for all the comments, seems like we ll have to put up with it for another while so :(

Advertisement