Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax in my job

• 05-03-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

quick summary

im working in a building company 10 years , reduced to a 3 day week a few months ago , then 2 months ago i got a job working the other 2 days so im now working a full week albeit with 2 companys

now i called revenue and told them the situation , they advised i split my credits and pay my tax on the 2 day week job , so i wouldnt be taxed on the other job , since 3 days pays €410 i just pay prsi and levy

now everything was fine , past 7 months working in the 3 day job i wasnt getting taxed as wasnt making enough , so i was happy to pay my tax out of the 2 day job , all sorted , great , till last week

my 3 day week job said their not operating under the same name no more ( tax and legal and refusing to pay bills reason ) that they were going to be opening a new company , so they'd have to make me redundant ( i have to claim off the governmant for that now ) and pay me my holidays due , so i was due 13 days hollidays so when i put 122hrs in my wages i was taxed 768.27 , when im not entirely sure i should be taxed that much or even at all , because i pay my tax with the 2 day week , so when i opened up the new company and imputed all my details on the wages it was giving me a rebate of 768.27 but now my boss is saying theres something wrong , i must have done something wrong

i personally think he's trying to do me , i think i am owed it as i shouldnt be paying tax here

any help ??? i know its prob hard to understand

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Confusing in the extreme.

You will be taxed on both jobs. Your credits apportioned means you will actually be taxed higher on both jobs instead of having just one.

You can request a p21 balancing statement at the end of the year to get a refund of any overpayments.

There are very very very heavy penalties on companies that go into liquidation to burn creditors and then reopen- they are known as phoenix companies.

I don't understand how you are supposed to be getting a rebate?

Advertisement