Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent cat issue

Options
  • 05-03-2010 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Sorry if I posted this in wrong place. Mods can move if so.

Our family cat (about 8) got into a fight last night and has deterierated very fast since. She has no physical sign of damage, no visible bite marks or cuts. She was very staggery last night but she cant even get out of her basket now, no balance and her head is kinda bobbing up and down like she had a stroke. She's still eating and drinking fine.

Any advice appreciated, don't really have the funds to pay for a vet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Man your going to have to get the funds from somewhere, definitely sounds like she needs to be seen by a vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Not to be rude but i think you really need to the the cat to a vet asap, it wouldnt be worth the risk of you waiting for someone to reply here to you when the cat could deteriote even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 brenchman

my cat used to this, we took him to vet and she said that it was some kinda growth on the brain so now he has to take these little tablets twice a day and he's fine now. but he would be all over the place his head bobbing and lookin round like he couldnt see. maybe it was the stress and trauma of the fight that brought something on, but do take him to vet. poor lil cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Wreck wrote: »
    Man your going to have to get the funds from somewhere, definitely sounds like she needs to be seen by a vet.

By I don't have the funds I kinda meant I don't want to fork out the money if people think she's a goner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Oh for gods sake, stop letting your cat suffer and bring her to the vet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Rekop dog wrote: »
    By I don't have the funds I kinda meant I don't want to fork out the money if people think she's a goner!

Are you for real?

Go to the Vet if you care about her at all. You won't get any other answers on here.

Off to the vet I go then. Thanks for the replies, just realised how insensitive I came across there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Best of luck, hope she'll be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Off to the vet I go then. Thanks for the replies, just realised how insensitive I came across there.
    :rolleyes: at least you realised what you said.

If you're in Dublin The Animal Welfare Clinic in Charlemont St are cheaper than a regular vet or theres the Blue Cross mobile clinics you could find out about.

Whatever you do, dont leave him to suffer. Vets are often happy to work out a payment plan if you dont have cash right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Hope she's ok, let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

Wreck wrote: »
    Hope she's ok, let us know how you get on.

Just home now. They put her down almost immediately after some quick tests. She's was apparentely suffering from severe internal bleeding and was in a lot of distress from the attack.:(

Cheers for the concern guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

Sorry to hear that Rekop :( hope you're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

god thats awful, at least she didnt suffer much longer than she needed to.

Hope your ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Your posts make me mad but I'll just say, I'm glad the cat is not suffering any more, and I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Cats are very, very good at hiding injuries. So sorry to hear about your cat having to put down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I know, but the OP was clearly in shock also. And did say that once.

What a terrible thing.
    Magenta wrote: »
    Your posts make me mad but I'll just say, I'm glad the cat is not suffering any more, and I'll leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Sorry about your cat - that couldn't have been from a cat fight, sounds more like a dog or being hit by a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

So sorry to hear about your poor cat,,,i hope you will be ok,,cats are desperate at hiding their injuries ,,I hope in time you will be able to get another..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Oh no:( the poor cat. Thansk god you took her to the vet anyway and that she didnt suffer on long.

Advertisement