Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing use of storage shed for livestock?

Options
  • 05-03-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

If I have built a large storage shed, with planning permission for that, I then allowed to keep livestock eg horses and chickens in it? Even as a temporaty winter measure?

Or to use as a lambing shed?

Or are there limitations on the use?

Any advice valued ; thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm not sure that this is a farming related question- it seems to be more to do with possible legalities and/or animal welfare issues.

Accordingly I am moving your thread to the animal welfare forum.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

As far as I know you do not need planning for livestock sheds but they do need to be a minimum of 100metres away from any neighbours property...........check you local authority planning website

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

ppink wrote: »
    As far as I know you do not need planning for livestock sheds but they do need to be a minimum of 100metres away from any neighbours property...........check you local authority planning website
    Thank you; that is interesting.

We have an excellent online planning map etc here in Donegal; cannot find that shed on it, but the list only goes back to 2001.

We will call the council and check that. Where we lived before a man was doing a lot of very noisy and disruptive work opposite that we had checked to learn he had no planning permission for any of it; they listed over 20 separate breaches of planning on that site.

Interesting thing was that the hard core he was using came from a council site.

Advertisement