Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have the staff in Carlow become?

Options
  • 05-03-2010 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm not one to complain that often but I don't know if its just me or if everyone can see it. The staff in most places are just so unhappy, really ignorant and have no manners when it comes to their customers.

You would think that the managers would be stopping this but they are just the same. Nobody seems happy anymore no matter where they work. But they mustn't realise how lucky they are at least they have jobs unlike so many people throughout the country.

So is it just me or can others see it too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This happens everywhere not just Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 belindaf

Oh i know that haha but i was always happy with the level of service this town provided but now i'm not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

belindaf wrote: »
    Oh i know that haha but i was always happy with the level of service this town provided but now i'm not.
    If I find a member of staff rude, I will say so. A lot of staff in places around Carlow are most helpful.I could post a long list but off the top of my head,some of the good 'uns : Amber Sky, Rathwood, Superquinn,The Bagnal,Raths, Supervalu in Tullow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I have to agree with byhookorbycrook. Lots and lots of nice staff in Carlow.
    Some not so nice but I think (or I'd like to think) the good outway the bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

I agree about unhappy, rude, unhelpful staff in some places. Always found the staff at the Arboretum, Rathwood, Ballykealey and the Dolmen Hotel to be very helpful though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭emick

I'm not one to complain that often but I don't know if its just me or if everyone can see it.

Carlow staff are as helpful / unhelpful as ever. I have not noticed anything different lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Shopping in carlow every friday i'm back and I see nothing out of the ordinary, perhaps there is a link with the slow down in business that you now see people walking around with nothing much to do so it gives off the wrong impression?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Can you post why you feel this way!? What shops do you feel the staff are lacking? Maybe its your hormones actin up, I get like that sometimes and think the whole world has taken a turn for the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Dboy85 wrote: »
    Post why or STFU! Maybe its your hormones actin up

I'm sure you could get your point across without being so nasty.
    There's no need for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm not one to complain that often but I don't know if its just me or if everyone can see it. The staff in most places are just so unhappy, really ignorant and have no manners when it comes to their customers.

You would think that the managers would be stopping this but they are just the same. Nobody seems happy anymore no matter where they work. But they mustn't realise how lucky they are at least they have jobs unlike so many people throughout the country.

So is it just me or can others see it too?

What areas are you refering too? Retail, Bars, Cafes etc or just generally? Service levels in Ireland had deteriorated substantially, especially Hotels.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement