Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Trying to get my auto renewal stopped but have no way to be sure it went through.
    Have to ring them now to make sure they won't automatically deduct my cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Hi guys, I'm looking to get XBox Live for the first time (only got my 360 2weeks ago) and was wondering if there's anything better than this floating around; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74878633

€17.99 for 3 months Gold.

And just to be clear in my out-of-touch head, if I got that, I'd be able to play all of my games against other people online, right? I know most games have their own "add-ons" that you have to pay for now, but I'll at least get the standard online experience with the likes of Fifa, CoD, etc, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

carlcon wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm looking to get XBox Live for the first time (only got my 360 2weeks ago) and was wondering if there's anything better than this floating around; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74878633

€17.99 for 3 months Gold.

And just to be clear in my out-of-touch head, if I got that, I'd be able to play all of my games against other people online, right? I know most games have their own "add-ons" that you have to pay for now, but I'll at least get the standard online experience with the likes of Fifa, CoD, etc, right?

Get a 12 month offer, it's much better value!

You are correct, the vast majority of games will allow you to play online once you have a Gold membership sub. However, certain games offer an online pass code when you buy them new and you have to input this to access the multiplayer online.

This is to combat people buying secondhand games, which the developer makes no money on, so they charge about €10 for the online pass which goes towards the developers server costs. Just read the box if your are buying secondhand and it should say whether it has an online pass or not... or ask the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Anyone know if any of these sites take laser? The 3 main ones don't seem to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

none of them except GAMESNASH take laser and I dont have a credit card, so I ended up getting my 12 month gold in xtravision for €49. the good part is there was 800ms points free with it.:D
    P.S. this is NOT a bargain alert.

• Advertisement

My XBL is due to auto renew itself in a few days.
    How do I stop it? Do I have to call tech support?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

My XBL is due to auto renew itself in a few days.
    How do I stop it? Do I have to call tech support?
    They recently updated Xbox.com so you can do it from there now.

Login to your account (it says My Account at the top right of the page), and you'll see the option beside Automatic Renewal: On (Change)

They recently updated Xbox.com so you can do it from there now.

Login to your account (it says My Account at the top right of the page), and you'll see the option beside Automatic Renewal: On (Change)

Sorted!
    Nice one Foster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Why can't we get the Family Gold account in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Bargin on Amazon at the moment 14 months £37.99 free delivery (mw3 themed packaging)http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-LIVE-Gold-Membership-Duty--Modern/dp/B005QUQRGK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1323268404&sr=8-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Any cheap sites out there for a 6 month subscription? Mine is out on the 22nd of december and I don't want to be without over christmas. Last time I got 6 months for €6 due to a flaw on microsofts website :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

LaVail wrote: »
    Any cheap sites out there for a 6 month subscription? Mine is out on the 22nd of december and I don't want to be without over christmas. Last time I got 6 months for €6 due to a flaw on microsofts website :P

I thought it was some strange random coincidence that mine is up on the same day!
    And then i remembered i got that deal too when it was going. :rolleyes:

CMpunked wrote: »
    I thought it was some strange random coincidence that mine is up on the same day!
    And then i remembered i got that deal too when it was going. :rolleyes:

lol pity there isn't a deal like that running again :(

lol pity there isn't a deal like that running again :(

Surely microsoft realised their mistake.

Wonder if the same email link works, though..

Surely microsoft realised their mistake.

Wonder if the same email link works, though..

Yeah I think they copped it alright. Not sure if the email links work :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

How reliable are they? I dont like using credit card on sites i dont know is all. wont be using any codes til christmas

Weepsie wrote: »
    How reliable are they? I dont like using credit card on sites i dont know is all. wont be using any codes til christmas

Extremely.
    I use my paypal on the site as its a lot easier to make a dispute if ever the situation arose than the card.

I've used them a good 15 times at least over the last year or so and every time the card image has been emailed to me at maximum, 20 minutes after i paid for it. The quickest was around 2 minutes. Fantastic service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just ordered 2 x 14 months live on cheapxbox live codes . Asked me to provide photo Id ,bit weird .

Just told me my Full Irish driver licence is Invalid Id.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Vodafone customers there's an offer on there website you get 12 months for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Just picked it up and got an avatar with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dymo wrote: »

How does it work ? Do you need to give them credit card details or what ? Reason I ask is my parents have vf broadband in their place but I don't what the charge going on their bill, nor do I want my cc details on my xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

just ordered the 14 month from www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/ @ £32. great price. Ive bought from them a few times in the past so payment went through quickly.

im honestly not expecting the email to arrive any time soon though seeing as its 5am sunday morning.

will keep ye posted anyway.

on a side note, it would be great if the OP got updated once in a while? mods?

any other sites to consider?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

In Argos at the moment, you can get 2100 microsoft points for €18.64.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9046065/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+POINTS.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

calex71 wrote: »
    Dymo wrote: »

How does it work ? Do you need to give them credit card details or what ? Reason I ask is my parents have vf broadband in their place but I don't what the charge going on their bill, nor do I want my cc details on my xbox.

Offer is on till dec 31st, if youre on a specific package (or upgrade to it, new 12 mth contract) you get a 12 month sub for free and any additional subs for 35.99, and I belIeve you're billed on the phone bill. I got the free sub this week, they posted it out in a couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

In Argos at the moment, you can get 2100 microsoft points for €18.64.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9046065/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+POINTS.htm

well spotted, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    just ordered the 14 month from www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/ @ £32. great price. Ive bought from them a few times in the past so payment went through quickly.

im honestly not expecting the email to arrive any time soon though seeing as its 5am sunday morning.

will keep ye posted anyway.

on a side note, it would be great if the OP got updated once in a while? mods?

any other sites to consider?
    just an update, got the email at 9:15am and the code worked fine. entered it through xbox.com, which must be the worlds worst coded website. its unbelievably slow. anyway, im gonna be gaming for another 14 months then. thanks guys.

Do cheapxboxlivecodes accept visa as payment? My subscription is out tonight but I only see an option for paypal? I don't use paypal either because the only way to fund it is from a bank acc :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

Do cheapxboxlivecodes accept visa as payment? My subscription is out tonight but I only see an option for paypal? I don't use paypal either because the only way to fund it is from a bank acc :(

My paypal account is run from my credit card.

Advertisement