Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

"Ditto I can remember seeing it somewhere that you can pay, on Xbox dashboard"

I asked a friend who has it and they said "I did. Had the three month subscription from
    November to January, then got the 1 year
    subscription. Bought both cards in gamestop and
    entered the code on the back of them. Think
    about it, how can they sell xbox live subscription
    cards that don't work?! It's the only way me and
    a few of my friends have ever done it. Don't have
    a credit card!"

so i dunno.. i think I'll try it. maybe the mistake was i bought the amount of points worth the cost of the subscription, not the actual xbox live gold membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Its just plain not possible, never has been! Sorry!

this is the thing i was sure you could do it? it even says you can on the support page http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/billing-and-subscriptions/prepaid-codes/redeem-prepaid-codes
    That says you can use prepaid codes to purchase subscriptions, not prepaid points That is true, you can buy 3/12 month subscription code from a shop and it would work fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Meesared wrote: »
    Its just plain not possible, never has been! Sorry!

Sometimes when your paying online by currency there's an option under would you like to pay with ms points instead. So maybe going on the Xbox and searching where you could buy xbl gold and see for extra options under /?

Nope, you can't do it! Not for subscriptions anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Those are pre-paid codes not pre-paid points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just used cheap xbox live codes for the first time there 38 eurodollaredoos for 14 months... Not to shabby. The scanned picture of the scratched xbox card they send is funny... Code was sent within 5 minutes.

Good service that

See you in 14 months, thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

-=al=- wrote: »
    Just used cheap xbox live codes for the first time there 38 eurodollaredoos for 14 months... Not to shabby. The scanned picture of the scratched xbox card they send is funny... Code was sent within 5 minutes.

Good service that

See you in 14 months, thread.

Done the same myself last week.

You couldn't go far wrong for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It is tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah I used said website, bought 1 months XBL. Code in my inbox in less than 10 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I just wait for those offers on the dashboard. I got 2 months for €2 recently and now that it's expired, the offer is available again but this time it's 3 months for 14.99. It'll probably change tomorrow or Monday so I'll wait until then. Sometimes there's a 1 month for 1 euro deal too

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Suppppa Mariooo

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Yeah I used said website, bought 1 months XBL. Code in my inbox in less than 10 minutes!

Which site did you buy the 1 month code off? I need some membership and if this site sell's cheap, Im sold! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Colemania wrote: »
    I just wait for those offers on the dashboard. I got 2 months for €2 recently and now that it's expired, the offer is available again but this time it's 3 months for 14.99. It'll probably change tomorrow or Monday so I'll wait until then. Sometimes there's a 1 month for 1 euro deal too

Lol same here been getting the €1 for for ages now until today's offer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

It still has the same offer. Getting impatient with it now but I'd rather wait cos I'm THAT cheap! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

It still has the same offer. Getting impatient with it now but I'd rather wait cos I'm THAT cheap! :D

Me too :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Just bought from here
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/190730796269?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
    got the code litterly within the minute of payment
    total after conversion €29.91 for 12 months..

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Just bought 1 years gold membership and 8400 points from a guy on adverts just over a week ago. Got the lot for €80. Now to spend them on Fifa and the Dark Souls expansion when it comes out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »
    Just bought 1 years gold membership and 8400 points from a guy on adverts just over a week ago. Got the lot for €80. Now to spend them on Fifa and the Dark Souls expansion when it comes out :D

You're going to spend 8400 points on fifa?...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

CMpunked wrote: »
    Well, not saying he will, but opening ultimate team packs is highly addictive :P

Its also one of the biggest scams in gaming history lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

There was a glitch in these €1 a month deals a good while ago, basically you were able to keep buying them as much as you want. I took advantage of it and got 16 months for €16 :D.

I could've gotten way more, I could've gone as far as 3 years for €36 but I'm not all that greedy so I stopped at 16 months :pac:

CMpunked wrote: »
    Haha no but it kind of brings me back to the day when I would go to my local shop and buy a few packs of Panini Stickers. Those I spent a fortune on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

if I order Live through the Xbox, how do I cancel the auto renew without canceling the current subscription before it expires?

TheGunns wrote: »
    if I order Live through the Xbox, how do I cancel the auto renew without canceling the current subscription before it expires?
    Why would you order from xbox live? This is the most expensive way to get points and gold memberships. From what I remember log onto your xbox account from xbox.com and go to your account settings. There is an option to turn off auto renewals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »
    Why would you order from xbox live? This is the most expensive way to get points and gold memberships. From what I remember log onto your xbox account from xbox.com and go to your account settings. There is an option to turn off auto renewals.

its 15 for 3 months now. Is there anywhere cheaper than that?

TheGunns wrote: »
    its 15 for 3 months now. Is there anywhere cheaper than that?
    As far as I know there is a bloke selling them for 25 on adverts.ie. Thats who I bought my points and 12 month gold membership from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Any tips on cheapest place to buy points around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

2 hours 40 minutes later - still waiting for my codes from cheapxboxlivecodes.

HURRY UP!

Emailed them seeing if there was something up with the information I provided and no response to that either. Customer Service available 9am to 1am Monday to Sunday... yeah right...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

day off on a sunday maybe ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

2 hours 40 minutes later - still waiting for my codes from cheapxboxlivecodes.

HURRY UP!

Emailed them seeing if there was something up with the information I provided and no response to that either. Customer Service available 9am to 1am Monday to Sunday... yeah right...

Check your spam/junk. Sometimes their real email gets lost in there.

Advertisement