Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Fieldog wrote: »
    17,100 points?

For how much?

Sounds dubious to be fair..... not taking away from the offer but see this :

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-360-250-gb-banned-from-xbox-live/1775607

Some guy here on adverts selling his banned Xbox 360 - due to dodgy points, and 17,100 points sounds dodgy as hell to me!

No I bought 16,800 from him my balance is above. So 100 for 16800

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'm looking to buy Microsoft points online so I can get The Walking Dead. Is Tramlevel up the best site to do so? Also, will I need gold membership to play once I've downloaded it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Fieldog wrote: »
    17,100 points?

For how much?

Sounds dubious to be fair..... not taking away from the offer but see this :

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-360-250-gb-banned-from-xbox-live/1775607

Some guy here on adverts selling his banned Xbox 360 - due to dodgy points, and 17,100 points sounds dodgy as hell to me!

That's completely different. I'm pretty sure by "dodgy points", he means he bought one of them accounts that are pre-loaded with MSP. These MSP are usually bought using stolen credit cards and so Microsoft actively bans anyone caught purchasing/using said accounts.

I bought 4,200 MSP from that guy on adverts and he sells the proper codes, not one of them dodgy accounts.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy Microsoft points online so I can get The Walking Dead. Is Tramlevel up the best site to do so? Also, will I need gold membership to play once I've downloaded it?

For whatever reason, teamlevel up don't automatically send the codes you've paid for. You'll have to contact their live chat and get them to send you the codes manually.

If you plan to play online, then you'll need gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

jamescd wrote: »
    That's completely different. I'm pretty sure by "dodgy points", he means he bought one of them accounts that are pre-loaded with MSP. These MSP are usually bought using stolen credit cards and so Microsoft actively bans anyone caught purchasing/using said accounts.

I bought 4,200 MSP from that guy on adverts and he sells the proper codes, not one of them dodgy accounts.

For whatever reason, teamlevel up don't automatically send the codes you've paid for. You'll have to contact their live chat and get them to send you the codes manually.

If you plan to play online, then you'll need gold.

Ok, where would you recommend I buy points from online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I ordered from teamlevelup and got them straight away. good price so id say go for them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Read the first post of the thread..theres a few there

teamlevel up is completely fine. What I'm saying is don't bother waiting long. After you've paid, if you haven't received your codes in let's say 10 minutes, go straight on to their live chat and ask them to send you the codes manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

i just tried to get microsoft points on teamlevelup but it says "There are no available products under this category." when i click into it, anyone else get this?

probably out of stock so

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kennypowers_

so i randomly got a refund off livecodes/EF today, because the phone number they requested didn't match my paypal account. such hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

So best/cheapest place to get Microsoft points? Any recommendations?

EDIT: Also any chance that the first post could be updated? 2010 was the last update....

joe123 wrote: »
    So best/cheapest place to get Microsoft points? Any recommendations?

http://www.teamlevelup.com/xbox-live-160-microsoft-points-msp-c-1205-p-1-pr-2101.html

1600MSP for around 11.50. Sometimes they don't send the codes automatically so just go on to their live chat support straight after payment and ask for your codes.

Anyone know on the team level up website what the times are for chat support? Just back from work so purchased a load but still waiting. Ordered them half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anyone know on the team level up website what the times are for chat support? Just back from work so purchased a load but still waiting. Ordered them half an hour ago.

They seem to be quite random and the chat button will only ever be there if somebody is logged in to chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Ive been trying to contact them since the weekend and Ive heard nothing back so far. If you are able to get on to them post here, Its very frustrating. First time I bought from there was very good and now this time has been a complete balls.

Im still waiting. Horrible site. First one of these Ive used where I havent had my codes sent. There chat feature constantly says offline and no reply to any emails. Will be contacting pay pal if I dont hear back by tonight.

Just to add to this, pay pal are useless. They dont cover the sale of content such as downloadable content/microsoft. Points.

Basically im screwed here so if this guy doesnt get back to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Avoid GamePointsNow. I have used them for years with great service and went and bought a 14 month Gold sub 4 days ago. No email sent and they won't reply to me. Paypal won't play ball either so I'm €48 down, never to be seen again. I'd also ask the mods here to remove their link from the sticky thread so one else here gets burned like I did.

Yeah I was onto pay pal earlier about my case. Apart from the fella I was talking to being an absolute dick, they dont cover any digital content.

So basically any site thats saying "oh we are secure because we are using pay pal" is pointless.

Definitely add this team level up website to the black list too. Have had the website on at work all day to see if chat ever went online....its been offline all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Believe it or not. I have just got my order from GamePointsNow, 4 days later!!!

It says the average time is 78 seconds lol, I think my case has thrown that average off a good bit.

Shocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Believe it or not. I have just got my order from GamePointsNow, 4 days later!!!

It says the average time is 78 seconds lol, I think my case has thrown that average off a good bit.

Shocking stuff.

It's a bit of a pain alright but hey... cheap points right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

A site for you laser folks, can confirm it works fine, I bought some points for a friend just there.

http://www.mmoga.com

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Does anyone know if the family live gold pack is available to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Does anyone know if the family live gold pack is available to Ireland?
    Nope, its not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Gamestop have a sale for today only apparently 39europs for 12months

not as good as online but not the worst either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Anyone have some good new links for xbla points?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

whats the general waiting time for Cheap Xbox Live Codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    whats the general waiting time for Cheap Xbox Live Codes?

The longest I've waited is about 4ish hours. They usually come through in ~20mins or less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Quick question about points. I don't have a 360 but bought 2100 points for my brother for present. Even though they cost €25, would 2100 points buy as much as €25 of PSN credit?

Advertisement