Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Quick question about points. I don't have a 360 but bought 2100 points for my brother for present. Even though they cost €25, would 2100 points buy as much as €25 of PSN credit?

Ye,p pretty much... there should be around 100 points for 1€ but the price of points varies from retailer/online shop etc... that's why most people buy points online.. to get the 1€:100 pts ratio

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Grand. Cheers. Just as long as 800 points being only worth €5 or something. And then people complained about Nintendo's points system. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DecTenToo

theteal wrote: »
    The longest I've waited is about 4ish hours. They usually come through in ~20mins or less.

I've used them before and that's been the case, but this order has taken 24 hrs so far with no response, although the money has gone out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

the longest i've had to wait is 4 hours too i usually contact them if it goes over that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I'm still waiting for a couple of 4200 MS codes, wanted to stock up for the big sale for the next couple of weeks, bought them at 8:30 yesterday. Sent them an email an hour ago but no response, although it does say on the site that they should be sent within 24 hours, and not to contact them until after that period passes.

Edit: just got an email from them saying they're out of stock but they're getting more in and should have my code out to me within 24 hours. Gave me a refund option if I wished to opt for it too, pretty decent.

Re-edit: got my two codes, a bit longer than usual (28 hours after initial payment), but great value, my faith in cheapxboxlivecodes has been restored. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I know a few of the sites are showing 2100 and 4200 as being totally out of stock, and given the time of year not surprising but would make me hesitate about buying off any site that said they were in stock, had a similar experience with cheap live codes last week, likely just getting hammered and can't keep up.

In my panic that I wouldn't get the points in time to avail of yesterday's deals, I tried buying from that link on the previous page (mmoga.com), it said the wait time was just 5-10 minutes, but after paying through PayPal I got a message back saying that they needed me to fill up a PDF with various details and a picture of myself and photo ID (I'd have to scan it and send it back to them) as some kind of verification process. WTF?? :eek: I promptly requested a refund, which they fulfilled. Just a word of warning for others looking at using that site...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Stuck in an order with cheapxboxlivecodes. Hopefully they arrive within 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Stuck in an order with cheapxboxlivecodes. Hopefully they arrive within 24 hours.

let us know , if folks are expecting the code from them in less than 24 hours now then I'm not going near them again, thought 2 hour turnaround was bad 2 weeks ago, I know it's xmas but any other time of year it's been nearly instant with them for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Ordered at 23:55pm, got them at 6pm the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

I got the 12+1 from cheapxboxlivecodes the other day for €37,

took 3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ass.

I should've read this first. I just ordered 4200 Xbox Live Points from cheapxboxlivecodes for my nephew's Christmas present. Dag nabbit :mad:. I ordered them at 18:52, no sign of them. As dumb as it sounds, i thought they were somehow automated. I thought

Buy --> Bang --> Boom --> Delivered.

Anybody know if i have any chance of getting these delivered by tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Allyall wrote: »
    Ass.

I should've read this first. I just ordered 4200 Xbox Live Points from cheapxboxlivecodes for my nephew's Christmas present. Dag nabbit :mad:. I ordered them at 18:52, no sign of them. As dumb as it sounds, i thought they were somehow automated. I thought

Buy --> Bang --> Boom --> Delivered.

Anybody know if i have any chance of getting these delivered by tomorrow?

i ordered points this morning at 4:30am and im still waiting. i should have done it last week but i didnt think it would take so long, im guessing i wont get them till after christmas day and i was hoping to use them in xbla sale, wanted to get the trials dlc. i better have them before the 28th cause ive been waiting a long time for the walking dead.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hi guys

(apologies in advance mods - don't want to be seen pimping our site so feel free to delete this afterwards if you feel it appropriate)

I have 3 x 4200 point codes and a few 800 point codes at home with me at the moment. (don't have any 2100's) I am going to be here online until 11.00pm - if you wanted to pm me an order number from our site I can get the codes out to you tonight so nephews and the walking dead etc can be sorted out before Christmas. FWIW I don't think any site would be automated - would be quite a risk security wise to leave a system open as such. All orders would require sign off and manual dispatch so it may be that they have closed up for Christmas.

I know we may be a little more expensive (we have to include VAT at 23% in our prices here) and you will at some stage end up with a second code but I thought I would make the offer especially for the Xmas present.

mailrewop wrote: »
    i ordered points this morning at 4:30am and im still waiting. i should have done it last week but i didnt think it would take so long, im guessing i wont get them till after christmas day and i was hoping to use them in xbla sale, wanted to get the trials dlc. i better have them before the 28th cause ive been waiting a long time for the walking dead.

Yeah, same. I was hoping to give them to him for the sale.
    I'd imagine they'll be here before the 28th, otherwise i'd imagine there'll be a massive backlog. I doubt we were the only two eejits to order today, although at least you ordered before business hours today.

Hi guys

(apologies in advance mods - don't want to be seen pimping our site so feel free to delete this afterwards if you feel it appropriate)

I have 3 x 4200 point codes and a few 800 point codes at home with me at the moment. (don't have any 2100's) I am going to be here online until 11.00pm - if you wanted to pm me an order number from our site I can get the codes out to you tonight so nephews and the walking dead etc can be sorted out before Christmas. FWIW I don't think any site would be automated - would be quite a risk security wise to leave a system open as such. All orders would require sign off and manual dispatch so it may be that they have closed up for Christmas.

I know we may be a little more expensive (we have to include VAT at 23% in our prices here) and you will at some stage end up with a second code but I thought I would make the offer especially for the Xmas present.

Thanks. I didn't know about Gamesnash, had i, i definitely would have used them.

EDIT.

Just checked my email, they arrived at 00:29AM, So i have them for him for Christmas.. Phew.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

How long are people waiting on XBL codes from cheapxboxcodes?I ordered 12+1 XBL code at lunchtime and nothing yet?Sent 2 emails also,no reply.They say they have people on from 09:00 until 01:00 everyday so why the delay?

toby2111 wrote: »
    How long are people waiting on XBL codes from cheapxboxcodes?I ordered 12+1 XBL code at lunchtime and nothing yet?Sent 2 emails also,no reply.They say they have people on from 09:00 until 01:00 everyday so why the delay?

It took 28 hours before I got a couple of Microsoft points cards I ordered. It says on the website not to email them until 24 hours after purchasing, because it says on the site that codes will normally be sent within 24 hours, and they won't reply until the 24 hour deadline approaches, to explain the delay (that's what happened me a few days ago anyway). There's high demand for codes this time of year so they need time to get new stock in and fulfil orders (presumably in a first-come first-served fashion).

This is whats on their site-
    "If you have not received your card within 2 hours and it is within our opening hours please email us at:

support@cheapxboxlivecodes.com

We offer an outstanding live email support service. Our average response time is between 5-10 minutes."

toby2111 wrote: »
    This is whats on their site-
    "If you have not received your card within 2 hours and it is within our opening hours please email us at:

support@cheapxboxlivecodes.com

We offer an outstanding live email support service. Our average response time is between 5-10 minutes."

Huh, that's weird, because it says 24 hours if you click on the "email us" link.
    http://electronicfirst.com/support-with-xbox-live-codes-microsoft-points/contact-electronic-first/

And it says this:

Please contact us at:
    support @ electronicfirst.com
    DELIVERY OF ALL ITEMS CURRENTLY IS WITHIN 24 HOURS. PLEASE WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE ENQUIRING REGARDING YOUR ORDER
    If your are having difficulties with your subscription codes, please contact us and our customer service staff will be more than happy to assist you.
    We only deal with Microsoft verified suppliers, this provides us with full access to Xbox live customer support. Our experience in this sector gives us all the relevant access to resources that will allow us to check the status of your subscription codes.
    At electronicfirst.com we value our customers and work towards providing a helpful, secure and swift service.
    Please include your registered PayPal email address in your message, this will make it easier to deal with your inquiry.

• Advertisement

Hopefully I'll get it by lunchtime tomorrow

Got my code about 11pm last night,up and running now!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

can any one tell me the best site for laser cards with quick code time? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

A site for you laser folks, can confirm it works fine, I bought some points for a friend just there.

http://www.mmoga.com

how long did it take for your order to come through, did you receive it through e-mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

where would be the cheapest for a 12 month sub? Amazon have it for 29.99 which is the best ive seen so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Used this lot before, £25 for 12 months http://gaming-paradise.co.uk/xbox-live/

Unfortunately no PayPal but you can still use credit/debit card. Always got the code within a few mins, but it can take a couple of hours if he's offline.

TheGunns wrote: »
    where would be the cheapest for a 12 month sub? Amazon have it for 29.99 which is the best ive seen so far
    I got a 12+1 sub from cheapxboxlivecodes.com for £29.99,delivered in about 10 hours but thats prob because they were very busy after xmas.Working 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

gaming paradise looks like the place, checked fb and said theyd be back online tomo so should get it then. No rush as Ive got it til the 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Would anyone have a 48 hour xbox live code spare? I subscribe to NBA League Pass and I would like to see how the app on Xbox Live performs on my plasma before shelling out for the live subscription (I don't game on-line, so would have no use for it otherwise).

Might also look into the Netflix app on it as well - anybody got any feedback on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

DRose1 wrote: »
    Would anyone have a 48 hour xbox live code spare? I subscribe to NBA League Pass and I would like to see how the app on Xbox Live performs on my plasma before shelling out for the live subscription (I don't game on-line, so would have no use for it otherwise).

Might also look into the Netflix app on it as well - anybody got any feedback on it?

I used Netflix a lot, I was quite happy with it.
    was even happier when I could access US content, but that's gone arseways.

However, my Live sub ran out on the 27th, and I'm hard pressed to renew it, as I don't game that much online, and paying for Live sub AND Netflix is a bit pointless at the moment.

Advertisement