Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

has anyone much experience with teamlevelup for ms points. i notice that they say they are region free. on cheapxboxlive there is points for the US and points for Europe. is there a difference because teamlevelup is much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    has anyone much experience with teamlevelup for ms points. i notice that they say they are region free. on cheapxboxlive there is points for the US and points for Europe. is there a difference because teamlevelup is much cheaper

I think theyre gone, I got a refund from paypal as the seller never responded

Try gaming paradise, has a big following and has got good prices. I got a dud code first and then he replaced it no problem for me.

TheGunns wrote: »
    I think theyre gone, I got a refund from paypal as the seller never responded

Try gaming paradise, has a big following and has got good prices. I got a dud code first and then he replaced it no problem for me.

when was that if you dont mind me asking? i saw on their website they had a notice up on the 15th of decemeber that they had gotten ms points back in stock

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    when was that if you dont mind me asking? i saw on their website they had a notice up on the 15th of decemeber that they had gotten ms points back in stock

That was a month or 2 ago, just saw the comment myself. They were good the first time and gone the second time but still let me pay. Id think twice about using them if I was you. Seems like hes trying to make more money before he is shut down.

ye its an unusual one alright, it is the cheapest option but i might hold out a while and see how they fare out in next few weeks. im not in any huge rush for the points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

There used to be a work around when your xbl ran out to get a month for a euro, does anyone know where you navigate to to get that offer anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They used to advertise the €1 sub to Silver members in the centre of the dashboard. I've not see it, and I let mine lapse in September.

They used to advertise the €1 sub to Silver members in the centre of the dashboard. I've not see it, and I let mine lapse in September.

I have "a month for €5" but when you click in its 12 months for 60.
    cheapxboxlive are mostly out of stock too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

CMpunked wrote: »
    I have "a month for €5" but when you click in its 12 months for 60.
    cheapxboxlive are mostly out of stock too. :(

And the pricing seems arseways too.

Offering 1 month @ £6.99 on the front page, but when you go in, it's £7.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

A site for you laser folks, can confirm it works fine, I bought some points for a friend just there.

http://www.mmoga.com

Thanks for this, just got 3 months (since cheapxboxcodes was out of stock). Email came about 20 seconds after paying :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

jamescd wrote: »
    Used this lot before, £25 for 12 months http://gaming-paradise.co.uk/xbox-live/

Unfortunately no PayPal but you can still use credit/debit card. Always got the code within a few mins, but it can take a couple of hours if he's offline.

tried with my aib 'be' visa and its failed?
    tried it a few days ago and got the same.. so been unsuccessful with that..

Lenny wrote: »
    tried with my aib 'be' visa and its failed?
    tried it a few days ago and got the same.. so been unsuccessful with that..

set up the account with moneybrookers(skrill). Failed for me 3 times and then I set up the account and it processed fine. Dont know what the problem is since it says you dont need an account. But just set one up and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ive used this crowd a few times with no probs ... http://electronicfirst.com/cheap-xbox-live-codes/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

TheGunns wrote: »
    set up the account with moneybrookers(skrill). Failed for me 3 times and then I set up the account and it processed fine. Dont know what the problem is since it says you dont need an account. But just set one up and you should be fine.

bought one on adverts.. 35e for the 12 months

Not much of a difference I suppose, think it cost me 30 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭michaelduignan

this website claims to offer free xbox live codes.. Can anyone comment on whether or not they are legit?

http://xbl4free.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

this website claims to offer free xbox live codes.. Can anyone comment on whether or not they are legit?

Really?

You're wondering if a site offering something for "free" when everyone else pays approx €35 is legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah it's legit... but just to verify it can you PM your bank account number and sort code so that I can verify it with the correct legal entities?

Achilles wrote: »
    Yeah it's legit... but just to verify it can you PM your bank account number and sort code so that I can verify it with the correct legal entities?

Code arrived fine no problems ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

How exactly did you get the code?Did you have to give your bank a/c number?

• Advertisement

toby2111 wrote: »
    How exactly did you get the code?Did you have to give your bank a/c number?
    no just had to complete a survey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

no just had to complete a survey
    So you gave them your phone number instead? I hope you noticed the small print...
    This is a subscription service to enter $sp Competition at €12 per week, 6 SMS at €2/SMS. To unsubscribe text the word STOP to $sc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

So michael,have you received many texts??

I was using cheapxboxlivecodes since i first heard about them a few years ago.
    Decent prices and the wait time was never too long.

But now i've started buying my stuff from this site:
    http://www.mmoga.com/

They don't have the same kind of offers as CXBLC do, such as 12 months + 1 month free sort of deals, but for straight up points they seem to be the business!

haha! talk about being shot down in no time! no way did i give any details to that crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kennypowers_

I was using cheapxboxlivecodes since i first heard about them a few years ago.
    Decent prices and the wait time was never too long.

But now i've started buying my stuff from this site:
    http://www.mmoga.com/

They don't have the same kind of offers as CXBLC do, such as 12 months + 1 month free sort of deals, but for straight up points they seem to be the business!

Just ordered from them. Got a email requesting aload of information before the order is complete, they want pictures of ID revealing my name and address , amongst other things. Seems over the top ?

Just ordered from them. Got a email requesting aload of information before the order is complete, they want pictures of ID revealing my name and address , amongst other things. Seems over the top ?

didn't get that at all. what are you using to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kennypowers_

didn't get that at all. what are you using to pay?
    Paypal, just got refunded, Maybe its a Paypal thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

That happened to me last month (I mentioned it in this thread too), demanded a refund and got it straight away, it goes without saying that asking for that information is a bit much. I think it's a PayPal thing, maybe they got scammed and actually need the verification, but it's still daft, with no prior warning about it if you choose to pay via PayPal. I was really annoyed because I wanted the points quickly to avail of the XBLA deals at the time. They could have mentioned if they had issues with PayPal on the site, or made it clear because I saw no warning about it, just a 5-10 minute waiting time. To get an email after buying the codes, asking for all that personal information, was a bit of a shock to be honest.

• Advertisement

anyone know reliable sites to get ms points. sick of places asking for my phone number and things.

Advertisement