Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    anyone know reliable sites to get ms points. sick of places asking for my phone number and things.

http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/cheap-microsoft-points/

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    anyone know reliable sites to get ms points. sick of places asking for my phone number and things.

I've used this site on more than one occassion and no problems.

http://cardscodes.com/Xbox_Live-k29-0--default.html

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Man I was kinda annoyed with myself to purchase a 12mth LIVE gold online using my console for €60.

Only to recently realise that Argos even sells the code for a 12mth subscription for under €50!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kev. wrote: »

Do these sites give the codes by email?

Also is it the UK Microsoft point option you click?

Thinking about getting them for brothers birthday. He like this this for his FIFA game.

edit:just see for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Yep, codes sent by email, europe&UK mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yep, codes sent by email, europe&UK mate

Nice one

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Backfire wrote: »
    Man I was kinda annoyed with myself to purchase a 12mth LIVE gold online using my console for €60.

Only to recently realise that Argos even sells the code for a 12mth subscription for under €50!

Yeah Argos can be pretty good. I think it was around Easter last year when I got a 12 month subscription + 2 extra months for a total of €35.99, unbelievable value, it's worth keeping an eye on argos.ie, they might have a similar deal in the next few months.

Yeah Argos can be pretty good. I think it was around Easter last year when I got a 12 month subscription + 2 extra months for a total of €35.99, unbelievable value, it's worth keeping an eye on argos.ie, they might have a similar deal in the next few months.

Well I have my account bought now, €35.99? Really? Damn..you've made me feel like a right fool now. :)
    why is it dearer to purchase the account using your console and a credit card? If anything isnt this more convenient for Microsoft? You'd think they'd have some sort of incentive for people to purchase their account using this method.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

How long to get the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blahblahxx

I just tried to buy gold uk.online-gold.en & got ripped off. I ordered it at 12 today & have not received anything. I've emailed them three times and no reply. I don't know how to start a new thread, but someone should. I don't want anyone else getting scammed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Tango One

cheap xbox live codes has really slowed up, they use to be instant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Used xblc there today. Had all codes within an hour.

Last time I used them, they were slower tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

How much is it to get a gold membership via xbox live and can you pay by visa.
    Going to resub to xbox gold, haven't used my xbox in a year + and forgotten all the ins and outs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Directly from Microsoft, it's:

12 Months €59.99 (€5.00 per month)
    3 Months €19.99 (€6.66 per month)
    1 Month €6.99

And you can use Visa. There are cheaper alternatives, however.

Directly from Microsoft, it's:

12 Months €59.99 (€5.00 per month)
    3 Months €19.99 (€6.66 per month)
    1 Month €6.99

And you can use Visa. There are cheaper alternatives, however.

thats what I got, 59.99 for 12 months

why is it dearer to purchase it directly from Microsoft? compared to third party sources for codes?

It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

There are cheaper alternatives, however.
    Yeah, i remember the last time I picked up a sub from gamestop it was like 45 or 50euro and a free tshirt
    I'm on placement down in Listowel and they only have an Xtravision down here to get gamecards off (50euro). Might just get it there so, too lazy to wait.

Thanks by the way, much appreciated.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

thats what I got, 59.99 for 12 months

why is it dearer to purchase it directly from Microsoft? compared to third party sources for codes?

It makes no sense.

The RRP of a 12 month code is actually €59.99 but retailers heavily discount it.

The RRP of a 12 month code is actually €59.99 but retailers heavily discount it.

Well I have little knowledge or experience in retail, how can they afford to sell them cheaper? how much of the money goes back to microsoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭ciaburkie

Anyone have a delay when ordering from www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ciaburkie wrote: »
    Anyone have a delay when ordering from www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com?
    What sort of delay?

Had my codes yday within an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Throwing my recommendation in here..CardsCodes.co.uk

Bought a 14-month code for €40 (They seem to not have it anymore) and I got my code within 10 mins. I have bought of it loads of times inc WoW time, SWTOR and time.

Here is the breakdown for the Gold Subscription

1 month - €9.99
    3 months - €15.99
    12 months - €37.99
    12+1 months - €40.99

800MSP - €10.99
    1200MSP - €14.99
    2100MSP - €21.99
    4200MSP - €39.99

Considering I got 14 months for €40, I would just go for the 12 months card.
    They use PayPal, so that is pretty cool :)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Well I have little knowledge or experience in retail, how can they afford to sell them cheaper? how much of the money goes back to microsoft?

A lot of the time it's to do with VAT loopholes. Most of the digital dispatch sites for microsoft points etc are priced ex vat - if you add 23% VAT onto their prices as if they were based here in Ireland the difference is not as big.

In general retailers are meant to operate on approx 20% - 30% margins for console games and xbox live codes etc but in practice most retailers work on a lot less. The issue microsoft and sony etc have with digital pricing is that if they price the digital content lower then retailers would look for a lower cost price again to reflect their markups. It's a delicate balancing act for them which more often than not means digital content direct from Microsoft and Sony will be dearer than at retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

As seen on Bargain Alerts, 12 months gold membership €35.99 in argos, lots of stock available.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

How long does it normally take cardscodes to send codes to your email? I paid for some about 30 minutes ago and the email from them said "within minutes". Getting tired of twiddling my thumbs here.

EDIT: It's alright, just got it. After 90 minutes *side-eye*.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

nava wrote: »
    As seen on Bargain Alerts, 12 months gold membership €35.99 in argos, lots of stock available.

Picked up one in Argos here in Swansea on the way home from work, works out at about €32...sweet :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

How long have cheapxbox live been looking for phone numbers? I bought off them a few times over the years.
    Think I'll try somewhere else,do CardsCodes.co.uk look for your phone number as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    How long have cheapxbox live been looking for phone numbers? I bought off them a few times over the years.
    Think I'll try somewhere else,do CardsCodes.co.uk look for your phone number as well?

No. Just a verified PayPal account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone have a free months code they don't need please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

GBX wrote: »
    Ive used this crowd a few times with no probs ... http://electronicfirst.com/cheap-xbox-live-codes/

Bought 12 months for just over 30 quid, not bad. Hopefully I get the code much sooner than 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Has anyone bought from cheapxboxlivecodes today? Anytime I try to buy something, I reach a "page cannot be found" screen. :confused:

Edit: I managed to buy the points anyway.

Advertisement