Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

no sign of cheapxboxlivecodes loading up i wonder is it gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I've noticed it like that for a few days now, but electronicfirst.com worked fine for me this morning, bought points this morning and got them 10 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any of these sites not use paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I've noticed it like that for a few days now, but electronicfirst.com worked fine for me this morning, bought points this morning and got them 10 minutes later.

It seems to be up now. Just checked.

@Trilla - It is pretty common for these sites to use PayPal as the payment method. Some (I don't know which of the top of my head) use CC's directly. You wanna look about and see who does what.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Im losing my head since last night trying to get a 4200 point card.

Ordered one on CXBLC and 12 hours later they send an email saying sorry were out of stock, even with their site saying that they have some, refund issued.

Now tried GameCardsNow.com and these guys sent me a used 4200 card (Happened with CXBLC before as well)

Loosing my patience to get the code on time and correctly at this stage. Whats going on with these guys, they used to be very quick and efficient. Their just pulling the piss at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Im losing my head since last night trying to get a 4200 point card.

Ordered one on CXBLC and 12 hours later they send an email saying sorry were out of stock, even with their site saying that they have some, refund issued.

Now tried GameCardsNow.com and these guys sent me a used 4200 card (Happened with CXBLC before as well)

Loosing my patience to get the code on time and correctly at this stage. Whats going on with these guys, they used to be very quick and efficient. Their just pulling the piss at this stage.

I usually get mine from electronicfirst.com only had one issue with delayed points at xmas time when there was a big demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ordered a card an hour ago from cxblc.com and got nothing yet.
    Sent support@cheapxboxlivecodes.com and email but it bounced back. Sent the same email to electronic first.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Ordered a card an hour ago from cxblc.com and got nothing yet.
    Sent support@cheapxboxlivecodes.com and email but it bounced back. Sent the same email to electronic first.

Electronics First and CXBLC are the same company, going by their Paypal address anyway, the guys replied me via electronics first email address anyway.

Im still waiting for replay from the other website that sent out the used code :S

Ok the guys from www.GameCardsNow.com were pretty crap. Sent me a used card and no communication via their support ticket system . Eventually had to open a PayPal dispute. Wasn't moving very far so escalated the dispute to PayPal and got my money back. Just got a 2100 point card from electronic first. Maybe 4200 are hard to come by? After the Xbox Live Sale?

I bought a 400 point card last night off electronicsfirst, got nothing but an email asking me for phone numbers for verification.
    I never had to do that with cheapxboxlivecodes and i've bought tons of cards off them.

Is there a way I can get around doing this to get my points?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

CMpunked wrote: »
    I bought a 400 point card last night off electronicsfirst, got nothing but an email asking me for phone numbers for verification.
    I never had to do that with cheapxboxlivecodes and i've bought tons of cards off them.

Is there a way I can get around doing this to get my points?

I think they're taking extra security measures since the attack on the site a few weeks ago. I was asked for phone numbers too, so I just replied to the email and I got the code about 10 minutes later.

I think they're taking extra security measures since the attack on the site a few weeks ago. I was asked for phone numbers too, so I just replied to the email and I got the code about 10 minutes later.

Just noticed I have a reply after I asked how come I didn't have to do that before.
    They said it was just to prevent fraudulent purchases and to bear with them.
    I understand their need to be more secure, but I don't like the thought of giving them that much info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

For anyone thinking about using CXBLC, I bought 2100 points from them at 11:30 this morning, received the code at 1pm. Also, was never asked for my phone number for verification like some posters have reported, so all good.!

Got my 400 points code this morning too woth a big thank you from "Lilly" for being a loyal and sincere customer after I verified my phone number.
    Nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

I just purchased from GamePointsNow (eur21 for 2100 points).

I put in my mobile number, paid by Paypal, clicked on the "Phone me now" link in the email they sent, and received a text message with the validation code. I put validation code into their website, and a Microsoft points code is displayed which I then entered into Xbox live.

The whole process took 5 minutes, and the code was accepted successfully.

Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just to mention https://www.gamepointsnow.com/ worked a charm for me.

You buy the points.
    They email you a link
    You click a button in that link that send you a text
    The text has a four digit code
    You use that code on the link they gave you & it displays the redeem code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just to mention https://www.gamepointsnow.com/ worked a charm for me.

You buy the points.
    They email you a link
    You click a button in that link that send you a text
    The text has a four digit code
    You use that code on the link they gave you & it displays the redeem code

Just gave them a shot and the purchase went through just fine. I then check my email and I have 2 email from paypal (the payment confirmation and a refund confirmation) and no explanation as to why. I sent them an email but not exactly impressed as that money will now be in limbo until it gets refunded to my card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just used them there not a bother

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Cheapxboxlivecodes.com are selling 12+1 months and 4200 points, each a tenner off for this week.
    Works out at €34.20 for 14mths gold and €35.40 for 4200msp.

Cheapxboxlivecodes.com are selling 12+1 months and 4200 points, each a tenner off for this week.
    Works out at €34.20 for 14mths gold and €35.40 for 4200msp.

They stopped using paypal :(

Not really liking the fact that I have to register with some website I never heard of before and add my CC details in that.

• Advertisement

Is there a free gold weekend this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They stopped using paypal :(

Not really liking the fact that I have to register with some website I never heard of before and add my CC details in that.

Ah jaysus that's bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 grathu

@CMpunked

Xbox Gold Unlocked - Free Xbox Live Gold Weekend 3rd to 5th May.

:D Grathu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Not taking paypal anymore is a biggy for me. I'll shop around elsewhere now rather than sign up and register with another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Paypal are a disaster for a merchant doing email dispatch because of fraudulent orders getting charged back. Not surprised at all by that move.

Paypal are a disaster for a merchant doing email dispatch because of fraudulent orders getting charged back. Not surprised at all by that move.

Doesn't matter. It's the only guarantee that I will get my money back if they try to pull something dodgy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Parawind wrote: »
    Just gave them a shot and the purchase went through just fine. I then check my email and I have 2 email from paypal (the payment confirmation and a refund confirmation) and no explanation as to why. I sent them an email but not exactly impressed as that money will now be in limbo until it gets refunded to my card :(

I got that too, however the refund came through the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Doesn't matter. It's the only guarantee that I will get my money back if they try to pull something dodgy.

It may not matter to you but it does ultimately effect you if / when more and more retailers of these services are forced to stop taking paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea I understand the drawbacks with Paypal and if a merchant gets more security and less in fees I can't blame them. In this case they lost my custom. I went to E-bay and got more or less the same price they were offering anyway. I nearly always have a balance in paypal from buying and selling stuff so it's very handy for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dots104

Lads any site that i can pay for gold with paypal

Stupid question but do you automatic get gold for the weekend or do i need to sign up somewhere. Gold ran out yesterday and havent been without in in years

Advertisement