Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

dots104 wrote: »
    Lads any site that i can pay for gold with paypal

Stupid question but do you automatic get gold for the weekend or do i need to sign up somewhere. Gold ran out yesterday and havent been without in in years

http://cardscodes.com/Xbox_360_Live_121_month_GOLD_Subscription_WORLDWIDE-82.html

They'll e-mail you the code usually within a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Wow, I just got really lucky - I ordered the 12+1 month live sub from cheapxboxlivecodes the day before yesterday using Paypal. Had to confirm my mobile number via email, but the code was emailed to me within 10 minutes overall. Would've been a deal breaker if I had to use my credit card directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Why are people so focused on Paypal? Last time I checked, Paypal wont cover DLC type content which includes codes etc purchased....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

joe123 wrote: »
    Why are people so focused on Paypal? Last time I checked, Paypal wont cover DLC type content which includes codes etc purchased....

Read a couple posts back from me. I found a dodgy website and they got my money back. Seller was trying to fob me off with a used points card

Website wouldn't even reply to me. PayPal got my money back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They stopped using paypal :(

Not really liking the fact that I have to register with some website I never heard of before and add my CC details in that.

Moneybookers/Skrill is a trustworthy site. I have used it for about 3 years, have the prepaid Mastercard with them and have not once have had any problems in the 500+ transactions I have made through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

I bite the bullet & ordered on cheapxboxlivecodes , payment went through but still waiting for the code.
    Got in touch & they said they are currently restocking, should get it later tonight....... I HOPE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Read a couple posts back from me. I found a dodgy website and they got my money back. Seller was trying to fob me off with a used points card

Website wouldn't even reply to me. PayPal got my money back

I rang paypal up before and spoke to a very rude customer service rep who told me theres no chance they can help! Checked the website and sure enough it matched up with what he said.

Suppose it helps who you deal with on Paypal too.

joe123 wrote: »
    I rang paypal up before and spoke to a very rude customer service rep who told me theres no chance they can help! Checked the website and sure enough it matched up with what he said.

Suppose it helps who you deal with on Paypal too.

I don't ring then. I started a dispute in the resolution centre. The other guy never even replied and got my money back two days later

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Superfint wrote: »
    I bite the bullet & ordered on cheapxboxlivecodes , payment went through but still waiting for the code.
    Got in touch & they said they are currently restocking, should get it later tonight....... I HOPE!!!!!

Just an update - still havn't received my points, sent 2 emails - no word yet back.
    Will update later when I finally get a reply ( I hope!):(

EDIT- UPDATE -
    Finally got the MS points off CXBLC, almost 24hours later though (18 to be exact).

I ordered off Cardcodes this morning too - got the points emailed within half an hour, bit more expensive than CXBLC but much faster, take Paypal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Superfint wrote: »
    Just an update - still havn't received my points, sent 2 emails - no word yet back.
    Will update later when I finally get a reply ( I hope!):(

EDIT- UPDATE -
    Finally got the MS points off CXBLC, almost 24hours later though (18 to be exact).

I ordered off Cardcodes this morning too - got the points emailed within half an hour, bit more expensive than CXBLC but much faster, take Paypal too.

I'd say you were just unlucky. I have used them a few times and they were always very quick with the codes. Max 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

went with http://cardscodes.com this time around for gold membership, got code in about 1hr, have bought stuff off CXBLC in the past, but the lack of paypal support was a clincher, aint got time for another login/account etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭.skid

Can you get membership through text?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They're not as competitively priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

.skid wrote: »
    Can you get membership through text?

Yeah on buygamepoints.com
    Got a text from O2 about it today, got 2100 for 25eur

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭viktor1104

Ideo wrote: »
    Yeah on buygamepoints.com
    Got a text from O2 about it today, got 2100 for 25eur

Not a great price as you can get them 4200 poitns for 35 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 grathu

They're not as competitively priced.

11th May 2013 - 12 + 1 months

Price on XBLC = €36.69
    Price on Cardcodes = €36.99 with Paypal

Convenience for 33 cent.:)

Codes ordered at 14.48
    Codes delivered to my e-mail at 15.02

Now that's a service :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Anyone who doesn't mind using moneybookers, this guy has decent prices and is reliable http://gaming-paradise.co.uk/xbox-live/

12 months for 33 quid
    14 months for 39 quid

He sells MSP too. If he's online you'll get it in less than 10 mins, if not it might take a little longer. Bought 4200 MSP yesterday and got the code in around an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Throwing my recommendation in here..CardsCodes.co.uk

2nd that. Used to buy from CXBLC but it was going to cost me a fee to upload money to Moneybookers (Skrill) so I could pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

My code from cardcodes.co.uk took 1 1/2 hours to arrive but it worked perfectly so i'm delighted with the great price!
    Also got a Halo Emblem code with my gold membership, don't know what that is but if anyone wants it, it's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Just purchased & arrived instantly!

Excellent value!

And terrific customer service when I entered my contact details incorrectly!!

LIKE on Facebook to get the 5% discount code.

https://www.facebook.com/cdkeyscom?fref=ts

XBOX GOLD MEMBERSHIP 12 MONTHS £25.64 FROM CD-KEYS INSTANT DELIVERY

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

OR 13 months

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/xbox-live-gold-12-month-membership-card-with-1-bonus-month-halo-4-branded-xbox-360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Having major problems getting my MS points from electronicfirst.com/cheapxboxlivecodes this evening.

Paid them via moneybookers at 9.30pm but still waiting for the email. Getting fobbed off by live customer support and was also sent on an invalid code!!

polaris68 wrote: »
    Having major problems getting my MS points from electronicfirst.com/cheapxboxlivecodes this evening.

Paid them via moneybookers at 9.30pm but still waiting for the email. Getting fobbed off by live customer support and was also sent on an invalid code!!

And that's the reason I won't use them unless they put PayPal back. They an offer on their Facebook page and every comment was people complaining about the removal of PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

And that's the reason I won't use them unless they put PayPal back. They an offer on their Facebook page and every comment was people complaining about the removal of PayPal

Got the correct code from them eventually - I didn't get an email with the scanned image of the code on Friday - scanner was probably broken or something - so they sent me the code by live chat.

Turns out the agent mistyped O for a D !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

And every week they seem to be selling them cheaper and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

tbh moneybookers isn't that bad just a pain when I've got paypal all set up. That said, I will only use sites with paypal now. Gaming Paradise is usually very good for anyone looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi All, this probably sounds like a stupid question but I bought a second hand xbox arcade console just for playin fifa etc. What do I need to make this accessable to xbox live?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hi All, this probably sounds like a stupid question but I bought a second hand xbox arcade console just for playin fifa etc. What do I need to make this accessable to xbox live?

Internet.

Achilles wrote: »
    Internet.

Thanks for that :P but do I need to buy some sort of router to connect to the XBox?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Thanks for that :P but do I need to buy some sort of router to connect to the XBox?

You tell me, what way is your current home network set up?

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    You tell me, what way is your current home network set up?

I have wireless broadband, modem is downstairs, xbox arcade conole is upstairs

Advertisement