Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

jamescd wrote: »
    I got mine at 12 am last night, only noticed it now. Ordered at 11:30 pm so took about 30 mins.

Used a fake american address but I used my real phone number. Will be ordering a few more :)

It doesn't matter if they match, not in my experience anyway. I used a fake american address on the MSN form and my real phone number. On the PayPal site I just left it on the default address (which is my real Irish address). Got the code fine

Edit: Just ordered 2 more

Ok thanks, doe they email you the code or does it get added to the Xbox live account used to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

No they e-mail you with the code and you then redeem that code on your account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

anyone succesfully ordered more at $5 today and got the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

TheGunns wrote: »
    anyone succesfully ordered more at $5 today and got the code?

No. Still waiting.

No. Still waiting.

Looks like they refunded me for the early morning orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Looks like they refunded me for the early morning orders.

Mine was charged but then cancelled according to paypal :mad:

GAAman wrote: »
    Mine was charged but then cancelled according to paypal :mad:

Never the less. Managed to pick up 10,800 points for 36 Euro.

Lucky enough

used CC instead of paypal and picked up 4 lots. Paypal ones still aren't coming through even though payment says completed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

promo code no working any more :(

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    promo code no working any more :(

I've heard that, must be over

• Advertisement

The two subsequent orders I made have been cancelled too. But they only refunded me for one, not both. Have opened a dispute, feckers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Never hit the codes I ordered sat. Funds never left my bank account. Paid through PayPal linked to card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So they've sussed it?

Yup it's gone. Got some codes didn't get other, just filed a claim for a refund ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Hi all,
    Just to let everyone know that I got my codes today!
    So happy. Nearly everyone on HOTUKDEALS got theirs as well

Hi all,
    Just to let everyone know that I got my codes today!
    So happy. Nearly everyone on HOTUKDEALS got theirs as well

What ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

CheapXboxLiveCodes refuses to accept my BoI debit card. Is there any other reputable site out there? My Gold sub runs out soon & I want BF3 premium :)

miralize wrote: »
    CheapXboxLiveCodes refuses to accept my BoI debit card. Is there any other reputable site out there? My Gold sub runs out soon & I want BF3 premium :)

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

there cheaper too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Where's the cheapest at the mo for a few months xbl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

CMpunked wrote: »

3 Months - €13.72

Use the code CDK6755 for 5% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

CMpunked wrote: »

Might be an offer on the dashboard?

edit: for the weekend xtravision are doing a deal ~ Buy 2100 points get a tenner off a 3 month sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

www.cdkeys.com are the cheapest...I got 13month sub for 31 Euro.. Thier ms points are also very cheap.

It says you receive the codes in 5 minutes but it took 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 grathu

Use Money instead of Points on Xbox

The end of MS Points !!

"Transactions on Xbox will soon take place using your local currency instead of Microsoft Points".

But your existing points are still good, "please continue to purchase and redeem Microsoft Points cards and codes – we’ll accept them until further notice".

"For more information on the transition and what to expect, please visit http://www.xbox.com/pointsfaq".

Grathu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Wonder what the logic is behind this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

grathu wrote: »
    Use Money instead of Points on Xbox

The end of MS Points !!

"Transactions on Xbox will soon take place using your local currency instead of Microsoft Points".

But your existing points are still good, "please continue to purchase and redeem Microsoft Points cards and codes – we’ll accept them until further notice".

"For more information on the transition and what to expect, please visit http://www.xbox.com/pointsfaq".

Grathu

Points cards still redeem at more than they cost so fro example a 4200 card bough for €36 redeems at just over €50 in local currency..... that said I'm in the beta so they may change it still but dlc / a game that now costs 1200 points costs €14.79 in real money under this system :mad: going on what has been said so far currency cards akin to PSN €20 credit seem to be a ways off given the amount of points cards in circulation so we'll be buying points cards for a while yet even after this system goes live for all.

Just to add points converted to currency under this change over have a 12 month expiry date

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wane

Fastxboxlive.com currently have 12 month subs for £25.99. I have purchased from them a few times and had no issues with them. I have also known people to head too facebook to complain they have not received their code only too apologise after as email was in junk folder.

http://www.fastxboxlive.com/memberships/12ms.html

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gnella

hello,my nephew is joining x-box live for 1st time,could anyone tell me where to pay for it? i know nout about this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just redeemed 4200 points that cost me 37 euro to buy. It redeems €53.76

• Advertisement

Just redeemed 4200 points that cost me 37 euro to buy. It redeems €53.76

Have they changed over to cash already? Planned on buying points tomorrow, will they still work?

Advertisement