Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

TheGunns wrote: »
    Have they changed over to cash already? Planned on buying points tomorrow, will they still work?
    The Change over to currency has taken place already, but any Points cards that you have can still be redeemed for equal or greater cash value. (Most likely because there would be lots of those cards unredeemed out in circulation somewhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

The Change over to currency has taken place already, but any Points cards that you have can still be redeemed for equal or greater cash value. (Most likely because there would be lots of those cards unredeemed out in circulation somewhere).

I still see some stuff on xbox live, dlc packs with their prices still in points. Other stuff is in Euro. Not everything is updated yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Where's the cheapest place to buy points at the moment? Would like to purchase payday2 using the currency change!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I got a 4200 points card from cdkeys.com this morning and it was €36, very quick just had to confirm my phone no. with a security code they texted me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

dor83 wrote: »
    I got a 4200 points card from cdkeys.com this morning and it was €36, very quick just had to confirm my phone no. with a security code they texted me.

Definitely hero of the day! Cheers again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Just a quick question - WIll existing points/currency from my xbox 360 live account transfer over to my xbox one live account?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Just a quick question - WIll existing points/currency from my xbox 360 live account transfer over to my xbox one live account?

If you use the same gamertag on the X1 then yes. The profile can exist on 360 and X1 depending on what you are logged into at the time. You can swap back and forward at will.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

anyone else having issues redeeming points codes, I have tried a few times today and i just keep getting an error to retry later.

Whats the best site these days to get a 12 month sub?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Thanks

Google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks

I got it during the week from cdkeys like them on facebook and get 5% off

Achilles wrote: »
    Google.

Glad you took the time out of your day to write that sarcastic response.

This is the xbox live subscriptions and points thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Will the cdkeys points work on an EU account?

Makaveli wrote: »
    Will the cdkeys points work on an EU account?

According to Product Information yes, just check before you buy them as they might also sell for other regions.

Platform: Xbox Live
    Region: Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Is CDKeys still the best place to buy MS points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

guy here doing 4200 points for €30, said he also has 12 months for same price.

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/microsoft-points/3771923

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Pogmothone wrote: »
    www.cdkeys.com are the cheapest...I got 13month sub for 31 Euro.. Thier ms points are also very cheap.

It says you receive the codes in 5 minutes but it took 45 minutes.

just tried to purchase of 12 months gold of this crowd with paypal so as to be more secure and not have to give my cc details.
    Got the text confirmation and then email with the link to my order and when i clicked to download it i got this message instead:
    As part of our standard security measures, orders are routinely selected for review to ensure the safety of our site.
    Your order will be reviewed by one of our agents.

followed by an email
    Hi XXXXX
    Thanks for ordering with cdkeys.com, unfortunately, your order was put on a temporary hold by our verification system.

To verify your purchase we require a valid ID copy, such as a driving license, passport, national ID card etc. Please also write today's date and ‘cdkeys.com’ on a piece of paper with it to prove the copy is real. This can then be sent via email in the form of a scan or high resolution picture by replying to this email or sending it to mail@cdkeys.com. You can hide or block sensitive information such as your ID/Passport number, Expiry Date, Date of Birth etc as we do not require this. We only require your Name and address to be clearly displayed, this information has already been provided to us by PayPal at the time of your purchase.

Our emails are accessed securely on our own server and as per our privacy policy your ID copy will only be used for a one time verification purposes and will be permanently deleted once your account has been verified. Alternatively, we can cancel and immediately fully refund your transaction at any stage.

We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this process may have caused and would like to assure you that all correspondence will be dealt with as a priority by our 24 hour support team.

Kind Regards,

XXXXX

Customer Support Rep
    cdkeys.com

Er... no. i want to buy a fecking live key not open an off shore bank account.

/Edit. Got a refund back from them promptly in fairness to them.

Scruff wrote: »
    just tried to purchase of 12 months gold of this crowd with paypal so as to be more secure and not have to give my cc details.
    Got the text confirmation and then email with the link to my order and when i clicked to download it i got this message instead:

followed by an email

Er... no. i want to buy a fecking live key not open an off shore bank account.

/Edit. Got a refund back from them promptly in fairness to them.
    I went through that process with my first purchase - it was the same for a few other Online retailers selling Point / Gold Subs (e.g. gamepointsnow). You can easily black out any sensitive information - All they're interested in is your name and home address, information that you're already giving as part of your billing data, along with Today's date and CDKeys.com written on a piece of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

guy here doing 4200 points for €30, said he also has 12 months for same price.

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/microsoft-points/3771923

Got some codes from that guy earlier, would definitely recommend using him.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

gnella wrote: »
    hello,my nephew is joining x-box live for 1st time,could anyone tell me where to pay for it? i know nout about this!!

go to a'GAME'store or xtravision and ask for 3 month gold membership for xbox live,cost 25euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

diceyd wrote: »
    go to a'GAME'store or xtravision and ask for 3 month gold membership for xbox live,cost 25euro

16.99 for 3 months in argos atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just tried to redeem 2100 points there, and it was only giving me €15. That can't be right?

I would've thought that's what you would've got for 1200 points, since 1200 games are now €14.39

Anyone else get crap conversion rates on points?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

mise wrote: »
    Just tried to redeem 2100 points there, and it was only giving me €15. That can't be right?

I would've thought that's what you would've got for 1200 points, since 1200 games are now €14.39

that cant be right
    I got 4200msp recently and got it exchanged to 50e

mise wrote: »

I redeemed 2100 points about two weeks back and it gave me €25.58. There must be something wrong with the conversion there, I'd suggest contacting MS Support about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Got the 12 months subscription from cdkeys.com through paypal with the 5% 'facebook like' discount (Came to €31). Got the mail within a minute, got the SMS security code just as quick and then entered the Coupon Code on line thorugh xbox.com in work, all done within 5 minutes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

where do you find out how much money you have in your account now after the change over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    where do you find out how much money you have in your account now after the change over?

Where you used to see your points total in Xbox Dashboard, you will see a Euro amount instead.

If you also go to purchase something, you will see your euro balance before you have to confirm any purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Cheapest / fastest place to buy 3 month sub for Xbox Live?

raheny red wrote: »
    Cheapest / fastest place to buy 3 month sub for Xbox Live?

Try http://www.cdkeys.com/ if you use Facebook code you get 5% off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

nava wrote: »
    Try http://www.cdkeys.com/ if you use Facebook code you get 5% off

Cheers, but they are out of stock on that one. May just buy a few 1 month subs to get me by until the new consoles come out.

Advertisement