Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

raheny red wrote: »
    Cheers, but they are out of stock on that one. May just buy a few 1 month subs to get me by until the new consoles come out.

Maybe check on Adverts, other people bought before without any issue, maybe search what users they got them from to be on save side or check feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

So I getting live today and for the first time I'm thinking about buying it online. Cdkeys is the site I'm thinking about getting it on (unless someone has a different suggestion) but I'm a little hesitant as I don't know the full details so I'm hoping for a bit of help with these questions. Does the site accept payment through a visa debit card? How does the Xbox live code arrive? How long does it take to arrive? Is the site reliable? Answers to those would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

So I getting live today and for the first time I'm thinking about buying it online. Cdkeys is the site I'm thinking about getting it on (unless someone has a different suggestion) but I'm a little hesitant as I don't know the full details so I'm hoping for a bit of help with these questions. Does the site accept payment through a visa debit card? How does the Xbox live code arrive? How long does it take to arrive? Is the site reliable? Answers to those would be greatly appreciated.

I got 12 months off them recently (the 3 months was sold out and probably still is) and after reading stuff on here, I thought it would take ages to arrive but it was instant. So the answers to your questions:
    • Yes they accept Visa debit but set up paypal if you haven't already. It's much safer and easier.
    • The code arrives in a link by email. You click on the link and it opens a page with the code there.
    • As mentioned above, the code comes pretty much as soon as you pay, in my experience anyway.
    • Seems fairly reliable alright. Haven't heard any bad reports on it myself.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I ended up buying live and MS points from CDKeys with no hassle and at a reasonable price so I'm pretty happy with how that worked out. Thanks for the help Colemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ive been charged 59.99 on the 14/9 for renewal of my xbox live and now again yesterday 14/10 , can anyone explain? or had a similar payment charged ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Did u have ur credit card linked to 2 accounts?

Umpalumpa wrote: »

no i only have one account

Umpalumpa wrote: »

just got it sorted with xbox, they signed my up for a 12 month sub when i pre-ordered my xbox one with microsoft as well as my xbox 360 sub last month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I've used this site on more than one occassion and no problems.

http://cardscodes.com/Xbox_Live-k29-0--default.html

First time using these guys. Used to use cheapxboxlive i think it was but they dont use paypal now so screw that.

and the other one that was mentioned were out of stock cdkeys i think it was.

Anyway got my code within a half an hour to my email address which i was delighted at.

Probably not quite the cheapest price out there but still beats paying microsoft stupid money...

36.99 euro for 12 months plus 1. So 13 months. :rolleyes:

Anyway that'll bring me up to xmas 2014 when I buy me a PS4 for a more reasonable price with 2nd hand games at more reasonable prices. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

First time using these guys. Used to use cheapxboxlive i think it was but they dont use paypal now so screw that.

and the other one that was mentioned were out of stock cdkeys i think it was.

Anyway got my code within a half an hour to my email address which i was delighted at.

Probably not quite the cheapest price out there but still beats paying microsoft stupid money...

36.99 euro for 12 months plus 1. So 13 months. :rolleyes:

Anyway that'll bring me up to xmas 2014 when I buy me a PS4 for a more reasonable price with 2nd hand games at more reasonable prices. :D

Just bought 12 months off them been over an hour and haven't received my code. Just searched reviews and im not impressed. Just letting everyone know this site may be dodgy as says instant arrival of code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just bought 12 months off them been over an hour and haven't received my code. Just searched reviews and im not impressed. Just letting everyone know this site may be dodgy as says instant arrival of code.

Seems odd considering mine came in a half hour. Maybe check your junk mail?

Seems odd considering mine came in a half hour. Maybe check your junk mail?

ya got mine 3 hrs later thanfully. on gta now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

for the guys that ordered with cdkeys, did your account get debited straight away? ordered a 3 month about an hour ago but still haven't gotten any email but no money has been taken from my account either. I'm not sure whether the order went through or not.

edit- all good now, never entered a billing address so it wouldn't let me place the order the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've bought some points on adverts that I initially checked to be working but when I went to redeem them later turned out to be invalid. Would these be from a 'code generator' do you think?

sweetie wrote: »
    I've bought some points on adverts that I initially checked to be working but when I went to redeem them later turned out to be invalid. Would these be from a 'code generator' do you think?

the seller probably just used them tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

sweetie wrote: »

the seller must of used them
    are you sure your writing in the correct code?
    See if you can get your money back or try contact the seller

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

got sorted eventually. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

sorry if this is a noob question but wanting to buy xbox live 12 months on amazon.co.uk...will i receive an email of the code from them or will it be sent in post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    sorry if this is a noob question but wanting to buy xbox live 12 months on amazon.co.uk...will i receive an email of the code from them or will it be sent in post?

should say it in the details on the site

besides your best ordering from some other site
    like cdkeys theirs normally cheaper then amazon
    thats a first:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

thanks! will look at that site now

got xbox live for 14 months in total for 36euro great price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So I got the notification that all my MS points were being converted into local currency recently and that got me wondering.
    If I went to Gamestop now and bought MS points (there must be millions still in circulation) and redeemed the code, would they automatically turn into euros on my account?

I have a gamestop voucher and thought I would prefer MS points.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

Is CDKeys the current cheapest around (taking into account exchange rates etc)? Is that the one with the 10% off if you "Like" them on facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

So I got the notification that all my MS points were being converted into local currency recently and that got me wondering.
    If I went to Gamestop now and bought MS points (there must be millions still in circulation) and redeemed the code, would they automatically turn into euros on my account?

I have a gamestop voucher and thought I would prefer MS points.

Yep you are correct SenorDingDong, in fact a lot of people are doing it to top up their accounts in prep for the Xbox One launch.

I bought 4000 MsPoints from CDkeys.com recently for €36 when redeemed it added €48 to my account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

thanks for the cdkeys link..got 14 months for €36 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey guys, am I better off adding currency to my xbox account using the official method now or am I still better off purchasing points and more importantly, if I purchase points, will they still work?

Cheers for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

4200 points can be got for about €35 (adverts.ie) which goes to €50. Games on live are fairly dear though. GTAV 69.99 and FIFA14 59.99. Although, with the current sale and maybe at Christmas, you can pick up a few decent games cheap.

Points are grand for another while, and I think you've a year to spend the cash once it's converted (which is straight away after adding them)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

erkifino wrote: »
    I think you've a year to spend the cash once it's converted (which is straight away after adding them)

Yes you're right. Missed that so cheers for the heads up (I'd say most people aren't aware of this and there'll be uproar in a year)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Here's one, I tried to use store credit to buy MS points from gamestop, but the guy at the till told me they are no longer for sale, and that there is a message on their system to remind them not to sell MS points to anyone.

What's the logic there? Surely if the points are still valid they should be trying to shift the stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Here's one, I tried to use store credit to buy MS points from gamestop, but the guy at the till told me they are no longer for sale, and that there is a message on their system to remind them not to sell MS points to anyone.

What's the logic there? Surely if the points are still valid they should be trying to shift the stock?

Points are no longer on sale in stores unless they have physical cards to sell,which the majority of stores don't.

All stores sell the codes digitally now so they print off on your reciept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I'm a little confused about points v gift cards.

On cdkeys.com, 2100 points costs €21.48 which according to this will redeem as STG£17.85. That's about €1.20 per STG£1.

A £25 gift card meanwhile costs €28.24 which (I assume) redeems to £25, a rate of €1.12 per STG£1.

So why would anyone buy the points anymore? I understand they used to be cheaper and it was easier to get them on eBay and places, but why are they still be offered for sale (I'm guessing it's handy if you don't have €28.24 to spend, but I'm more worried that my maths is out of whack).

[Both prices are from cdkeys as of today, but most sites seem to be similar]

Advertisement