Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Are the currency cards not region-locked?

Regarding points vs currency if looking at CDKeys as an example...

4200 points costs €40.52 but gives you €50.88 (at least I got 25.44 for my 2100 2 days ago so I imagine it's double that!)

A €50 card costs €45.19 and gives you €50

So you are paying just under a fiver EXTRA for slightly less credit if you go currency (in that example)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tks. For the example you gave where the €50 gift card is only 45.19, that is right, but I don't want to spend that much. At 2100/£25, the difference swings towards the gift card. I would have to spend >€30 on points to get the same as the £25 card. It all comes down to how up to date and accurate that points converter is and what the exchange rate is on the day (it's showing €25.20 which is pretty close to what you got, but only £17.85 which seems like quite a mean/generous exchange rate)

Are the currency cards not region-locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Question for anyone thats used CDkeys, How does it work exactly. I see the prices on the site in $. Will it give me a code for the US? Or are the live subscription codes not region locked?
    I don't wana waste money trying it out.

When you go to http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/gift-cards-points/xbox-live-4200-microsoft-points-xbox-360 are you not seeing €40.89, but seeing it's dollar equivalent ?

• Advertisement

I see that as the $ price. It might be because I'm going through an american server here.
    They have the euro region though.

The live cards have a worldwide logo.

Is your xbox account region set to US or Europe? If you click on the "Product Information" tab on that page it should say something like "Region: Europe", so if you have a European account on your xbox you should be able to use that card.

My xbox is Irish, so I'm guessing europe for the region.

Mais oui!

Ok so CDkeys wouldn't let me go through with the order as they didn't have a postcode, even though I gave them one.
    So I bought from Gamestop, before I saw that they only email the same day if the order is before 2pm.
    Does anyone know where I can get either a free 48hr trial code or a cheap 1 month emailed in minutes?

EDIT - Nevermind, I got a code. Though if I could cancel with gamestop and order from CDkeys that would be good, or else I'll just chalk it up to leaving it to the last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

kiddums wrote: »
    Ok so CDkeys wouldn't let me go through with the order as they didn't have a postcode, even though I gave them one.
    So I bought from Gamestop, before I saw that they only email the same day if the order is before 2pm.
    Does anyone know where I can get either a free 48hr trial code or a cheap 1 month emailed in minutes?

EDIT - Nevermind, I got a code. Though if I could cancel with gamestop and order from CDkeys that would be good, or else I'll just chalk it up to leaving it to the last minute.
    Not sure but I think if you put in your bank sort code instead of a post code, it will work

deco nate wrote: »
    Not sure but I think if you put in your bank sort code instead of a post code, it will work
    It won't let me enter anything into the field, and I have 00000 in the address for my account and for paypal, so I don't know why its not picking it up.

Ok so my order with gamestop didn't get places, so i went back to CDkeys and entered a valid NI postcode as my default address, then went through the order again. I still can't click the place order button. And the zip/postal code box is still empty and I am unable to edit.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Do you have a Paypal account? Just click the "Checkout with Paypal" button on the right of the order-summary page.

I never had any of these problems you mention so perhaps it's because I went with that method.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Do you have a Paypal account? Just click the "Checkout with Paypal" button on the right of the order-summary page.

I never had any of these problems you mention so perhaps it's because I went with that method.

Yea trying to use paypal, and it redirects me back to cdkeys to finish the order.

Yea trying to use paypal, and it redirects me back to cdkeys to finish the order.

Try making up an address like "D1" as postcode,"Dublin" as city, "Ireland" as country?

Doesn't pick it up on the review screen, and it won't let me edit on that screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Doesn't pick it up on the review screen, and it won't let me edit on that screen.
    I had that issue before, it is taking that information from PayPal and is not editable if you are using PayPal as payment method (probably to prevent fraud).

I ended up changing my Address Info on PayPal Profile so that the updated fields matched up with the ones on CDKeys.com. Then it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

That cdkeys crowd are horrendous, after spending ages trying to process the transaction they then required verification of my account which meant them ringing me but they wouldn't accept my phone number and I've heard nothing since, all the while they took my money.

I've opened a dispute with PayPal. Awful service imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

That cdkeys crowd are horrendous, after spending ages trying to process the transaction they then required verification of my account which meant them ringing me but they wouldn't accept my phone number and I've heard nothing since, all the while they took my money.

I've opened a dispute with PayPal. Awful service imo.

I used them last night and I'd say the whole process took 3-4mins max. I place the order, got them to text me the verification code, logged back in and viola, there's my xboxlive code. Couldn't of been more happier with the whole process. Shame you had a bad time with them but I'll gladly use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I used them last night and I'd say the whole process took 3-4mins max. I place the order, got them to text me the verification code, logged back in and viola, there's my xboxlive code. Couldn't of been more happier with the whole process. Shame you had a bad time with them but I'll gladly use them again.

You must have been lucky mate, they are a shabby outfit.
    Apparently my order is being reviewed by one of their agents for the last day and a half and not even an email to update on proceedings. Don't even see the point of having to verify through a phone call when I've paid using the supposed safe PayPal. Been without live all weekend, really annoying considering you need it just to watch Netflix. ****.

Bizarre I never had a problem with them either. Paypal are good at refunding though so don't worry about getting money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I bought the 12 months subscription this morning, used Pay Pal, after I paid went to check my mail and the code was waiting for me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Bohrio wrote: »
    I bought the 12 months subscription this morning, used Pay Pal, after I paid went to check my mail and the code was waiting for me there.

My sons just ran out ,how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking,
    thks

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    My sons just ran out ,how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking,
    thks

It was 31 euro something in total. Just 12 months not 12+1

Bohrio wrote: »
    It was 31 euro something in total. Just 12 months not 12+1

Thanks , now I'm having same problem using paypal and get "unable to complete
    order", i have ordered from them before and have a account, cant remember
    password , requested to reset, no email return?

Done it by using guest, then ask for mobile number, said sent by sms , not got verification number?
    never had this trouble before.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Thanks , now I'm having same problem using paypal and get "unable to complete
    order", i have ordered from them before and have a account, cant remember
    password , requested to reset, no email return?

This has been the first time I have used them. Before I used a place xboxlivecodes or something like that. I didnt have to register as far as I know, only used Paypal.. :S

Done it , i wasn't putting Ireland prefix on number, wasn't this hard before ,just use to get a email seconds later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭scoobydoobie

I have used cdkeys twice in the last couple of weeks, first time using them and thanks to seeing it mentioned on here,
    no problems for myself, even liked them on fb to get a 5 percent discount on each transaction, must have saved around 50 notes or more vs the shop prices. :)

Advertisement