Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Finally got my refund from cdkeys, only took 2 days. There all sold out on cheap Xbox codes, does anyone else know of anyone that sell them for a reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Hi, I am not in Ireland at the moment and want to buy Xbox points/currency for my nephews for Chrsitmas, can you guys recommend the best/easiest place to get them as a present?

My head is a bit messed up trying to figure out the change from points to currency and where i can easily get a gift card? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

hi son is looking for xbox 360 Microsoft points anyone know if there's any good deals going,thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

https://www.cdkeys.com/ are quite good - I just bought 12 months of gold for £25.99 (about €31) - so went and bought 2 years of Gold for the price you'd pay for one in the shop. They have similar offers for Gift cards (€50 for about €44).

Although for your first order they may ask for proof of identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

kline64 wrote: »
    hi son is looking for xbox 360 Microsoft points anyone know if there's any good deals going,thanks :)
    There's a guy on adverts selling some. I think I got 2 x 2100 for 37€ (incl Paypal).

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-live-2100-microsoft-points/4305578

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Got 12+1 from CDKeys for 25.55 sterling after the discount code. Bit of a faff with authentication as it was my first time using them but dropped them a PM on their facebook page and I had the code within 10mins. Great price top quality service.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

anybody know if a US $50 xbox gift card will work with a European registered xbox, just to purchase regular games and not any region locked content.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I think they are region locked, but can't say for sure.

As in to use a $50 card you may need to use a US account.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hi, does anyone know of anywere that is doing the 12 months+4200 points ?
    looking to get it online, and this still work the with xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

just got 12 month xbox live for €36.76 from here http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/Xbox-360-Live-Gold-Cards-Codes-Points/
    got it it almost straight away through paypal just had to sign up and do verification with text code to my phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Are MS points still being sold in shops as say 2100 points and so on? And not based as real money instead? Haven't needed to buy any in months but need some for the CoD DLC next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Xbox Live 12 Months Online Code - €33.33 Seems pretty good.
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/dp/B007QWII1S/
    What is the day one edition? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Can you use xbox live codes bought from amazon.co.uk on an Irish xbox live account, or are they region locked? I know you can buy them cheaper elsewhere, but I have an amazon gift card that I may as well use.

edit: the gift card is in sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

you can't buy codes from amazon.de unless you have a german address:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

inocybe wrote: »
    you can't buy codes from amazon.de unless you have a german address:mad:

You can add a fake German Address to your Amazon account.

http://www.realusaaddress.com/fakegermanyaddress.php

And choose that address at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Like an idiot, on january 16th 2013 i bought a 12mth xbox live subscription for the full €59.99 on xbox live, paying using my credit card.

I forgot that microsoft has it on auto-renewal and i forgot the change that setting before january 16th this year. I logged in a few days later to see that i am still an xbox live gold account and can download the free game (lara croft and the guardian of light).

But my credit card has yet to be charged the €59.99. When do they charge your card? End of the month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Backfire wrote: »
    Like an idiot, on january 16th 2013 i bought a 12mth xbox live subscription for the full €59.99 on xbox live, paying using my credit card.

I forgot that microsoft has it on auto-renewal and i forgot the change that setting before january 16th this year. I logged in a few days later to see that i am still an xbox live gold account and can download the free game (lara croft and the guardian of light).

But my credit card has yet to be charged the €59.99. When do they charge your card? End of the month?

I've had randomness when it comes to the charge hitting my card, some times it will be later that day other times as much as 10-14 days later, I guess they just process all the payments in one batch. If you got an email receipt you will be charged eventually.

calex71 wrote: »
    I've had randomness when it comes to the charge hitting my card, some times it will be later that day other times as much as 10-14 days later, I guess they just process all the payments in one batch. If you got an email receipt you will be charged eventually.

Actually i forgot i use a different email address for my xbox live account than my main email that i use for most things and yes i got that email with the receipt 10 days ago. So i suppose the charge will be on the card tomorrow morning. That'll be the last time i pay €60 for a live subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

You could try calling the support centre and putting your case to them, I did so a few years ago after the auto billing hit and they cancelled it, was only a few days out though.

Well i presume microsoft will charge me the €59.99 for live on my card today since its the last day of the month. My renewal date was 15 days ago. I couldnt be bothered cancelling the charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well i presume microsoft will charge me the €59.99 for live on my card today since its the last day of the month. My renewal date was 15 days ago. I couldnt be bothered cancelling the charge.

You have no right to moan about it so! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I'm pretty new to xbox live so apologies for not knowing. Is there a way to credit an online account without using a credit card, something on to going to gamestop and getting a steam card/code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

It would be much cheaper to buy online, but if you can't, then Argos still sell 800 MSP codes

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=microsoft+points&authToken=

It will be converted to euro's though once you redeem the code because you use real currency now to buy stuff instead of MSP. Not sure of the conversion rate, but my 3900 MSP was converted to €47.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Thanks to Sky23 just renewed for 12 months from
    http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/Xbox-360-Live-Gold-Cards-Codes-Points/

For €29

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

Furp wrote: »
    Thanks to Sky23 just renewed for 12 months from
    http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/Xbox-360-Live-Gold-Cards-Codes-Points/

For €29

nice :) and price gone down 7euro cheaper than i got it for

Microsoft still have not charged me for xbox live, strange. I have bought a few things on the marketplace since and they were all charged as planned.

19 days since renewal...are they normally that slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Microsoft still have not charged me for xbox live, strange. I have bought a few things on the marketplace since and they were all charged as planned.

19 days since renewal...are they normally that slow?

I think they give one month grace, possibly two. I didn't use my xbox online for about 6 months and when I tried to top up with a prepaid card but it wouldn't let me as I owed them €13.98....

When I asked why they let it run they said they 'didn't want to interrupt my xbox gold experience', even though I hadn't been experiencing gold for half a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

anyone know the cheapest place i can buy a 1200 ms points code (for cod dlc)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ShaunC wrote: »

Is that valid for this region?

Advertisement