Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Backfire wrote: »
    Like an idiot, on january 16th 2013 i bought a 12mth xbox live subscription for the full €59.99 on xbox live, paying using my credit card.

I forgot that microsoft has it on auto-renewal and i forgot the change that setting before january 16th this year. I logged in a few days later to see that i am still an xbox live gold account and can download the free game (lara croft and the guardian of light).

But my credit card has yet to be charged the €59.99. When do they charge your card? End of the month?

You get charged on the day of the month that you created your account. So if you opened your account (not started your subscription) on the 6th of May then you will always be billed on the 6th of the month for subscriptions, even if it renews on the 7th. You only get billed instantly for your first payment in a renewing subscription i.e. the day you sign up. God knows why but that's how it's done.

Also, you have 30 days after your sub renews automatically to cancel it. So you could probably still cancel and get a refund if someone in there is feeling nice!
    Backfire wrote: »
    Microsoft still have not charged me for xbox live, strange. I have bought a few things on the marketplace since and they were all charged as planned.

19 days since renewal...are they normally that slow?

See above
    jamescd wrote: »
    It would be much cheaper to buy online, but if you can't, then Argos still sell 800 MSP codes

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=microsoft+points&authToken=

It will be converted to euro's though once you redeem the code because you use real currency now to buy stuff instead of MSP. Not sure of the conversion rate, but my 3900 MSP was converted to €47.

It normally works out around 1.15-1.35 cents in MS currency per point, depending on the value of the code you redeem. The codes for larger point values get a worse conversion rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Does anyone know of a website to get MS Ponts/Money in EUR that can be paid with paypal, I tried pcgamesupply.com but they charge "Activation Fee for Xbox Live €25 Card €4.15 EUR" any other website that don't charge activation fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

nava wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a website to get MS Ponts/Money in EUR that can be paid with paypal, I tried pcgamesupply.com but they charge "Activation Fee for Xbox Live €25 Card €4.15 EUR" any other website that don't charge activation fee?

Electronicfirst do I think but they have a levy on paypal too I think, they don't if you pay by skrill though, found them to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Nolimits

calex71 wrote: »
    Electronicfirst do I think but they have a levy on paypal too I think, they don't if you pay by skrill though, found them to be very good.

I've been using Skrill through here for a while with no problems https://www.xbox-live.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Not really sure how good a deal this is. I think I may be missing something.

I'm buying Xbox live for Nephew, and I saw this.
    Call of duty: Ghosts + Xbox Live - order gold membership and get 30 EUR discount

Information about the action:
    Order now call of duty: ghosts for one of Xbox or Xbox 360 along with a Xbox Live Gold membership 12 months and you receive a discount of EUR 30.
    I went through the process, choosing COD: Ghosts (100% Uncut) and Xbox Live 12 months (€49.48).

So basically , they have raised the price of the average xbox live account by €20.

Total comes to €65.28 for the game and year, which, going by recent prices, it just means that I'd be getting the game for €35, or am I missing something? :confused:

Link to Offer

TRANSLATED VERSION

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

I got hit with the auto-renewal as well in January but the agent I dealt with gave me a refund. That was on February 3rd and still not showing up in my bank account, should it take this long?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

No that doesn't sound right

€20 of XBL credit for €13.48

I haven't tried it myself, I saw it on Mydealz.de - HERE IS THE TRANSLATED LINK.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Allyall wrote: »
    €20 of XBL credit for €13.48

I haven't tried it myself, I saw it on Mydealz.de - HERE IS THE TRANSLATED LINK.

Has anyone used this deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The aul Gold needs to be renewed here in the house, best I can find is about €34ish here - http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/cheap-12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-subscription/

Are they back taking Paypal again, & has anyone had issues with them lately?

• Advertisement

13 Months for roughly the same price - https://www.g2a.com/xbox-live-13-months-gold-pl-eu-us-subscription-card.html

EDIT -

Sorry, I'm not sure how this site works, It seems to be a sale.

If you hover over the 13 months Xbox live, the offer of buying it for €31 is available. - https://www.g2a.com/

Allyall wrote: »
    13 Months for roughly the same price - https://www.g2a.com/xbox-live-13-months-gold-pl-eu-us-subscription-card.html

EDIT -

Sorry, I'm not sure how this site works, It seems to be a sale.

If you hover over the 13 months Xbox live, the offer of buying it for €31 is available. - https://www.g2a.com/

Cheers, I wonder if they are reputable? Gold subs are region free too correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just bought 12 months off cheapxboxlivecodes and went with moneybookers as the payment option, I'd used them before a few years back so didn't think twice about how legit it was. After payment I got an email off them asking to confirm my address and phone number. Alarm bells were ringing at this stage so I emailed back a fake phone number and address to see what would happen. Promptly received an email from them saying my address was invalid, so mailed back the proper one and a few minutes later I had the code.

Why on earth would a company be requesting your number and address after you've made payment through a third party? I guess it worked out in the end but I'd be worried about them having that info if I wasn't about to cancel the card anyway.

In short, I would avoid.

Just bought 12 months off cheapxboxlivecodes and went with moneybookers as the payment option, I'd used them before a few years back so didn't think twice about how legit it was. After payment I got an email off them asking to confirm my address and phone number. Alarm bells were ringing at this stage so I emailed back a fake phone number and address to see what would happen. Promptly received an email from them saying my address was invalid, so mailed back the proper one and a few minutes later I had the code.

Why on earth would a company be requesting your number and address after you've made payment through a third party? I guess it worked out in the end but I'd be worried about them having that info if I wasn't about to cancel the card anyway.

In short, I would avoid.

That happened me before with them, ages ago mind. I replied that I wasn't about to issue personal information when my payment agent (Paypal) had approved the payment already, & if that was a problem for them, to let me know as I'd be filing a dispute with paypal. The next email from them had the code in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

In short, I would avoid.

It could possibly be to avoid scammers bulk ordering and then cancelling and running away with a bunch of valid codes I'd say.

Something like that anyway.

Myrddin wrote: »
    The aul Gold needs to be renewed here in the house, best I can find is about €34ish here - http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/cheap-12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-subscription/

Are they back taking Paypal again, & has anyone had issues with them lately?

Just went to buy this, & when you go to pay by Paypal is lists 'extra charge' of £5.60 on top of the £27.99, which makes it £33.59/€42.34...hardly worth it now considering it's €45 in Argos.

Anyone know what the 'extra charge' is for?

Cheers, I wonder if they are reputable? Gold subs are region free too correct?

Yep I can vouch for them, and I think Gold subs are region free. - Title of the page says PL/EU/US subscription card anyway.. :)

This may be obvious, but what region is PL?:o

Just went to buy this, & when you go to pay by Paypal is lists 'extra charge' of £5.60 on top of the £27.99, which makes it £33.59/€42.34...hardly worth it now considering it's €45 in Argos.

Anyone know what the 'extra charge' is for?

They saw that you were from Ireland and are used to ripping us off?

MrVestek wrote: »
    They saw that you were from Ireland and are used to ripping us off?

Turns out it's a 20% they tack on to cover Paypal fees. If I pay via Skrill/Moneybookers then there's no charge...

Turns out it's a 20% they tack on to cover Paypal fees. If I pay via Skrill/Moneybookers then there's no charge...

That's a bit odd isn't it?

Maybe they were getting stung with PayPal chargebacks.

• Advertisement

MrVestek wrote: »
    That's a bit odd isn't it?

Maybe they were getting stung with PayPal chargebacks.

Yeah seems a bit excessive alright. Sure I'll pass on it & just go with Argos I think...not going to bother registering with Skrill just to buy Xbox Live every 12 months :) Unless there's any other decent & reputable offers out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redbedhead

I got an email from fastxboxlive (I'm a loyal customer apparently) I wasn't actually sure if I'd bought a code off them before, but I couldn't remember.
    So I bought direct from the website, paid through Paypal and promptly got the "Your order needs to be confirmed" email.
    I checked the Terms and conditions (buried on the site) which say ring from a landline, no mobiles - but they verify it against the number on your Paypal, which is my mobile? Loyal customer, but not trusted.
    I emailed them back saying if they didn't want to give me the code as a 'loyal customer', then I wanted a refund. I got a long winded and poorly laid out reply:

"The reason we ask users to telephone us via landline is because this method helps to stop creditcard or accounts from being hacked. A quick google search will show hundreds of websites selling paypal accounts with active creditcards linked to ebay accounts withought the cistim even knowing about it. We lost over 80,000 USD last year in 2012 due to creditcard and ebay fraud. Since the criminals target digital items on ebay, this is a very important and secure method of protecting users accounts. If you can imagine you did not authorize this payment and someone is using your ebay and paypal account wihtought you knowing about it, you would be furious. Well, we are together working with paypal directly to activity be on the lookout for possible fraud or possible unauthorized claims, so we are protecting users accounts by asking them to telephone us to make sure they have made this purchase. We receive emails daily from customers stating "i authorized this sale" "send my goods" and almost always the payment is then reversed, costing the loss of the serial code, the funds removed and a free reversal for 14.00 from the credit card issuer or the customer would pay the bank charge of £55.00. This is what we are trying to avoid by doing this. We state this as part of the legal binding contract we have in our terms of service. It's a one time thing. Once we check to see if your number matches the one on the paypal account when the call is made, the code is sent via digital delivery to the same email you received the email stating to telephone us. The number is automated. We are a respectable and genuine company selling genuine microsoft xboxlive. Rest assured, we are always protecting users details with our very secure software in place, you can be assured of a safe and secure transaction. I hope i have explained the reasons for this and the reasons we are doing this. Yours kindly. You have been refunded."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Yeah seems a bit excessive alright. Sure I'll pass on it & just go with Argos I think...not going to bother registering with Skrill just to buy Xbox Live every 12 months :) Unless there's any other decent & reputable offers out there?

would you not just buy off Adverts? there's plenty of guys with high feedback selling them for €35-38.
    there's even a guy I bought MS points off before who offered me 12 months for €30. could PM him see has he got any more.

would you not just buy off Adverts? there's plenty of guys with high feedback selling them for €35-38.
    there's even a guy I bought MS points off before who offered me 12 months for €30. could PM him see has he got any more.

That's something I hadn't considered, cheers. Just got 13 months Gold there for €34 from a user called byyys...hassle free.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

My gold subscription ran out last night. I got an email today confirming a purchase of 1 month of gold for €6.99, without me doing so. Could have been worse if they had charged me for the full year :pac:

Anyway, where do I go to turn off the auto-renewal option for xbox live? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi guys

My xbox live ran out and just seen the following, this looks like good deal? will it work for Irish account?

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

Says "Region: Worldwide" so should probably be ok

mrcheez wrote: »
    Says "Region: Worldwide" so should probably be ok

Thanks, is it good value? or better deals around?

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Thanks, is it good value? or better deals around?

With the 5% off when you "Like" them on Facebook it comes to £23.99 which is approx €30.

Another poster was saying €34 was a good deal from adverts.ie (although that was for 13 months), so €30 is probably good too!

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    With the 5% off when you "Like" them on Facebook it comes to £23.99 which is approx €30.

Another poster was saying €34 was a good deal from adverts.ie (although that was for 13 months), so €30 is probably good too!

GOt it...thanks

Advertisement