Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Big Nelly wrote: »
    I have done this before but never got any code? do they email it to you?

You should see the code on the FB page after you click like. Click here to see the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

Hi Big Nelly,
    I renewed with CDKeys a month ago and it worked fine for me. It's probably the best value around.

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I bought a 12 month xboxlive subscription from Cardscodes.com late last night. Today I got my code in an email with an attachment of a photo of the code. I entered this code but I was alerted when a pop up told me this code had already been redeemed. I tried it a couple of times thinking I may have typed it in wrong but I got the same response.

I contacted their support team by email but 5-6 hours later I'm still awaiting a reply.

Has anything similar happened you and what steps did you take to get a satisfactory outcome? I feel like I've been burned for €32.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

I purchased 12 months with cd keys the other day. Great value and available within minutes. Thinking of buying off them again when I get paid if the price is still as low so that I'll have two years without having to touch it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Quick question-My nephew in USA wants MS points for his birthday,can I buy them,get a code and email him the code?Or how do I go about it?
    EDIT-Have MS points been discontinued??I'm nearly sure he said he wanted MS points?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

toby2111 wrote: »
    Quick question-My nephew in USA wants MS points for his birthday,can I buy them,get a code and email him the code?Or how do I go about it?
    EDIT-Have MS points been discontinued??I'm nearly sure he said he wanted MS points?!!

You can still get MS points but they are converted into the loca currency now.

If you want to get MS points for someone in the USA you'll have to purchase them from a website in the USA as points from Europe won't work over there and visa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Ok, thanks. Does anyone know of any decently priced US sites were I can buy points?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Nelbert wrote: »
    I purchased 12 months with cd keys the other day. Great value and available within minutes. Thinking of buying off them again when I get paid if the price is still as low so that I'll have two years without having to touch it

How much was it? I'm shortly going to need to renew live.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ireland..

beercr8te wrote: »
    How much was it? I'm shortly going to need to renew live.
    I got charged €29.74 (to be exact) for 12 months of Xbox live after a 5% discount for liking their Facebook page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I bought a few XBL points off simply cd keys before the change over to currency.... Now the currency ones say UK only and are in sterling.... Anyone know if that matters/anywhere else to get em?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I highly recommend cdkeys.com just bought 12 month xbox live subscription off them there now.
    Great service and great support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OwenC82

Which site is d cheapest & most reliable for Xbox live membership?

cdkeys.com and use the 5% off by following on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

OwenC82 wrote: »
    Which site is d cheapest & most reliable for Xbox live membership?

www.google.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

MrVestek wrote: »

How very helpful...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

As posted on Bargain Alerts, you can get 12 months for €26.99 from g2a.com as part of a PayPal gaming sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads,

Just wondering, I picked up an Xbox One last night and I'm sorted on Gold membership for the next 12 months, but have a couple of questions:- If I purchase xbox points (thought these where phased out) or gift cards will they work on an irish xbox live account? If the answer is no is there any good sites selling Euro cards that I can use? Or would I be better off changing the region on by xbox to the UK and then buying the card?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I *think* they are region-based, so for Ireland you would buy cards for the Europe region (or Worldwide)

You can find the supported region by clicking on the Product Information tab on Cdkeys.com

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/gift-cards-points/xbox-live-4200-microsoft-points-xbox-360

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

12 months xbox live in smiths toys for 33.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

32.90 emailed from gamestop.ie at the minute I suspect as a result of smyths prices maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

As posted on Bargain Alerts, you can get 12 months for €26.99 from g2a.com as part of a PayPal gaming sale.

It's back again for the next 2 days. - Xbox Live 12 Months GOLD EU/US/RU Subscription Card €26.99

I think the url is incorrect it is for football world-cup winner betting

nava wrote: »
    I think the url is incorrect it is for football world-cup winner betting

Sorry :o was rushing to the shop for milk.. :) Fixed now.

https://ssl.skittles.com/Default.aspx

Skittles currently offers codes allowing people to subscribe free for 7 days at XBOX Live.

People have been having trouble accessing the website earlier, but it is fine now.

To benefit you must:

1 - Go to this link and enter the code M95MN in the box at the top right.
    2 - Enter name and date of birth and valid e-mail address (the code will be sent by email)
    3 - check "No" to the question "Are you an XBOX Live Gold Member", enter the captcha and click on "Submit".
    You will receive a code by email within in a few minutes, follow instructions here on how to redeem code http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/billing/prepaid-codes/redeem-prepaid-codes.

Only one code per account (No doubt people wil try anyway :) )

Allyall wrote: »
    Skittles currently offers codes allowing people to subscribe free for 7 days at XBOX Live.

cheers, seemed to work. Of course I'm assuming we don't get Free Games with Gold with this?

Also be sure to check that they don't have "auto-renew" activated on your account once this has been entered. I think it only happens when you sign up for the "1 month 1 euro" via Xbox, rather than a voucher code, but worth checking.

https://ssl.skittles.com/Default.aspx

People have been having trouble accessing the website earlier, but it is fine now.

To benefit you must:

1 - Go to this link and enter the code M95MN in the box at the top right.
    2 - Enter name and date of birth and valid e-mail address (the code will be sent by email)
    3 - check "No" to the question "Are you an XBOX Live Gold Member", enter the captcha and click on "Submit".
    You will receive a code by email within in a few minutes, follow instructions here on how to redeem code http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/billing/prepaid-codes/redeem-prepaid-codes.

Only one code per account (No doubt people wil try anyway :) )

I keep getting the error message tried with IE and Firefox
    YOU'RE THIS CLOSE DON'T LET A LITTLE TYPO STOP YOU NOW

We did not recognize the code you entered. It should have five digits and be entered with no spaces. Try re-entering it.

I keep getting the error message tried with IE and Firefox

You must be copying a space as well or not typing them in uppercase?

Try Copying and pasting this
    M95MN

You must be copying a space as well or not typing them in uppercase?

Try Copying and pasting this

Thanks, i tried copy without the space or type it manually, the strange part is that I get to enter the name and email address, I enter the catch-up code and press Enter on the keyboard (I do not see an Enter button) is when I get the error, I verified the catch up is correct too.

Thanks, i tried copy without the space or type it manually, the strange part is that I get to enter the name and email address, I enter the catch-up code and press Enter on the keyboard (I do not see an Enter button) is when I get the error, I verified the catch up is correct too.

When entering the captcha - If you can't see the "Submit" Button, zoom out.
    In Firefox Ctrl and -, or go to "View -> Zoom -> Zoom Out"

Make sure you have checked "NO" to "Are you an XBOX Live Gold Member?"

Then click "Submit"

• Advertisement

Any idea if this 7 day code expires? I wouldn't get much use of it this week, but might like to use it later in May

Advertisement