Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Allyall wrote: »
    When entering the captcha - If you can't see the "Submit" Button, zoom out.
    In Firefox Ctrl and -, or go to "View -> Zoom -> Zoom Out"

Make sure you have checked "NO" to "Are you an XBOX Live Gold Member?"

Then click "Submit"

Thanks that worked, I thought by pressing enter it will also work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Sorry if this has come up before but I just bought a £40 points code off cdkeys and when I redeem it its coming up as €40, is this the way it works now that MS points are gone?

Update: So basically I had to change my region to UK to use the code, it said €40 credit when I entered it on my 360 and £40 when I tried on the X1 or Live website but none of them would actually let me redeem it until I did a full region change to the UK and I'm pretty sure I'll have to use it all up before I change back.
    I just wanted to buy Minecraft because I finally get fed up of waiting for the X1 version :(

Not all bad though, I got a Titanfall download code for £27.29 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Allyall wrote: »
    Im Just looking at this now. My XBL runs out tomorrow. I'm at work which runs through the states, so I'm seeing the prices in $, will that affect me being able to use the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you're about to renew (before it expires) and you and a mate are in the Xbox Rewards program, you could get some bonus credit for the account if you follow the steps on http://rewards.xbox.com/myrewards/
    Renewing your Gold membership, which carries over to Xbox One or Xbox 360, is a quick and easy way to earn up to 3,000 Rewards Credits. You'll earn Credits each time you renew your Gold membership, and if you sign up for a 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership, you'll get all your Rewards Credits at once. Please note, you will receive your Credits once your current membership ends and your new membership kicks in.

3,000 'rewards credits' is about €3 that can be added to your GamerTag.

Also, on CD Keys, there's a 13-month code for just £2 more (http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-1-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-call-of-duty-ghosts-branded-xbox-one-360).

Every little helps, as Marty Whelan used to say on those ads for some store or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

If you're about to renew (before it expires) and you and a mate are in the Xbox Rewards program, you could get some bonus credit for the account if you follow the steps on http://rewards.xbox.com/myrewards/

3,000 'rewards credits' is about €3 that can be added to your GamerTag.

Also, on CD Keys, there's a 13-month code for just £2 more (http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-1-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-call-of-duty-ghosts-branded-xbox-one-360).

Every little helps, as Marty Whelan used to say on those ads for some store or another.
    Will the uk code work with an irish xbox live account?

Will the uk code work with an irish xbox live account?
    For Live, I've generally had no problem (I recently bought two years of gold from this site for the same price I'd pay for one in store.

It's the MS Points (now Gift Cards) that wouldn't work cross region.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Where's the cheapest place to get 1 month xbox live?

I just want to pick up this month's games with gold. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20 grathu

Mr cheez, try cdkeys.com, xbox, memberships, one month is £5.99, cheapest I've seen, but you could also try Allyall's method below posted 29/4/2014. One week free!! Good luck.

cheers, although it's more or less the same as the €6.99* on the dashboard. Allyall's method won't qualify me to download Games with Gold as it's only a week-long gift membership.

*in fact it's cheaper on the dashboard as £5.99 is €7.18 on Paypal's currency converter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Nolimits

mrcheez wrote: »
    cheers, although it's more or less the same as the €6.99* on the dashboard. Allyall's method won't qualify me to download Games with Gold as it's only a week-long gift membership.

*in fact it's cheaper on the dashboard as £5.99 is €7.18 on Paypal's currency converter

Would a trial be any good to you?

nah it's grand, I'll just go dashboard :) ... want me some Dark Souls n Street Fighter

Incidentally, Internet Explorer still requires Gold? I thought they were opening this to all users from 1st June?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Is there any word on when the app access becomes free of charge?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Incidentally, Internet Explorer still requires Gold? I thought they were opening this to all users from 1st June?
    Nope, that was to happened after the June system update is installed, for both Xbox One and 360, not 1. June. As they seem to need to update the software on the Xbox to move the apps from behind the paywall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Has anyone purchased a month xbox live using a credit card? is it a pain to cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

I use credit card for xbox live, office 365, xbox music pass and EA access recently.

its really easy to cancel the subscription. just log into xbox website with your account details, click on account and you see your running subscriptions

Not sure why anyone would buy Xbox live from Microsoft, can get it so much cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

Nolimits wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone would buy Xbox live from Microsoft, can get it so much cheaper elsewhere.

I admit its just laziness on my part :)

Nolimits wrote: »

Do tell!

I dunno how they sell it cheaper tho when they re buying it from the same place ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

evo2000 wrote: »
    Do tell!

I dunno how they sell it cheaper tho when they re buying it from the same place ?

There's loads of places that do it cheaper, buying direct is probably the most expensive method believe it or not. Have a look on Adverts, there's sellers there with loads of good feedback who are reputable & you'll save a fair amount.

Myrddin wrote: »
    There's loads of places that do it cheaper, buying direct is probably the most expensive method believe it or not. Have a look on Adverts, there's sellers there with loads of good feedback who are reputable & you'll save a fair amount.

Doesnt make sense to me, but if theyre selling it cheaper and its reliable im all for it! do you get the code online or do they post it out too you? thanks for the help!

Doesnt make sense to me, but if theyre selling it cheaper and its reliable im all for it! do you get the code online or do they post it out too you? thanks for the help!

I got my 12 month sub earlier in the year from a user on Adverts, who seems to be gone now unfortunately. I bought it via adverts, & then a chap rings you to verify you're you, then the code is emailed to you (I think, something like that anyway).

Myrddin wrote: »
    I got my 12 month sub earlier in the year from a user on Adverts, who seems to be gone now unfortunately. I bought it via adverts, & then a chap rings you to verify you're you, then the code is emailed to you (I think, something like that anyway).

seems handy enough, any other places too buy it ? is it much cheap aswell?

seems handy enough, any other places too buy it ? is it much cheap aswell?

I got 13 months for thirty odd euro I think. Plenty of places sell them cheap, like cheapxboxlivecodes.com etc

This place isn't the absolute cheapest, but I've probably used it about 20 times, ridiculously quick delivery of the codes (often just seconds) and never had a problem. They are good for buying the gift cards for anyone who doesn't want to go down the American route €50 code for €41.99
    https://www.xbox-live.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

I bought 12+2 months for 31.00 euro last week.Now they only have 12 months for 29.99
    https://www.g2a.com/xbox-live-12-months-gold.html

There are good deals on Polish www.allegro.pl if u have Polish mates to help u :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

cardscodes.com have a years xboxlive for 29.99 EuR. Used in the past. No problems.

How can they afford to sell em cheaper than microsoft tho?

• Advertisement

How can they afford to sell em cheaper than microsoft tho?

Seriously? Do you think shops are making no money on them? To put it simply usually as a general rule retail will double the price that they get it for. Not always, and obviously I have no idea what they are getting them for in this case.

Microsoft are the one company that will always charge the full retail, because they can't be seen to be under cutting retail shops after all they are supplying them with the codes and suggesting a price of €60.

Everyone else can look at what they are getting them for and charge whatever they want.

Advertisement