Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Nolimits wrote: »
    Seriously? Do you think shops are making no money on them? To put it simply usually as a general rule retail will double the price that they get it for. Not always, and obviously I have no idea what they are getting them for in this case.

Microsoft are the one company that will always charge the full retail, because they can't be seen to be under cutting retail shops after all they are supplying them with the codes and suggesting a price of €60.

Everyone else can look at what they are getting them for and charge whatever they want.

Ahhh never mind bit of a blonde moment there for me lol i get yeah now my bad lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Xbox Live Gold 12 + 1 month for £24.99 from the below. Used them last week and got the code emailed to me about 10 minutes later. Excellent service and no problems:

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-121-month

• Registered Users Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Paully D wrote: »
    Xbox Live Gold 12 + 1 month for £24.99 from the below. Used them last week and got the code emailed to me about 10 minutes later. Excellent service and no problems:

Cheers for that, my gold ran out over the weekend.

Wanna get a few games of Blops 2 in with a mate of mine and that's a fairly decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I need to get 2 x 12 months asap.

Where is fast and safe to use?

• Advertisement

I use Simply CD Keys.

13 months for £24.99. They email the code almost straight away.

I use Simply CD Keys.

Great, thanks for that. That will do nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Another spot is cdkeys.

I got mine last week through this link. (87c dearer though!)

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership-plus-1-bonus-month-battlefield-4-design-xbox-360

Thanks guys.

Just bought them both off Simplecdkeys.

Is it normal for Simplecdkeys to be asking for a scan of my passport or driving licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

logik wrote: »
    Is it normal for Simplecdkeys to be asking for a scan of my passport or driving licence.

Yes some of them do ask at random for details like that to verify you are who you said you are, just hide personal details, if you don't like sending it use another website but you might be asked for it too.

logik wrote: »

I just paid via PayPal and had the code emailed to me in 2 minutes. I didn't have to do any of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

nava wrote: »
    Yes some of them do ask at random for details like that to verify you are who you said you are, just hide personal details, if you don't like sending it use another website but you might be asked for it too.

I don't like doing anything like that, the last time it happened me with cheapxboxlive codes I emailed back & said I wouldn't be giving ANY personal info out & that's why I use Paypal....and if they'd an issue with that to either refund me or I'll take it up with paypal. The code arrived a few mins later :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Myrddin wrote: »
    I don't like doing anything like that, the last time it happened me with cheapxboxlive codes I emailed back & said I wouldn't be giving ANY personal info out & that's why I use Paypal....and if they'd an issue with that to either refund me or I'll take it up with paypal. The code arrived a few mins later :rolleyes:

Disgusting practice imo. (Not you :) - Asking for Passport, Driving licence etc..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 needzmoarsleep

I use Simply CD Keys.

'[www]simplycdkeys[com]/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-121-month'

I'm not sure what the general feedback is with 'simplycdkeys', I'd hoped to have a good experience with them.
    Alas I tried using them on tuesday (2nd). They promptly took my payment, and that's all I've had from them since. Their support line doesn't answer after 5pm, and I'm left with a -32 euro (£24.99) payment in my paypal account.

According to paypal, the payment can't be disputed until the payment is rejected from the merchant. Which they don't appear to be too bothered with. Creditcard company says the payment is sitting in limbo for the next 7 days, only after that will they reject the payment if it's not paid.

Be careful out there. I'm going to give cdkeys a try and hope they fair better. (fingerscrossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

I've never used them so I can't comment about them.

I did use cdkeys.com last year and they worked a treat for me. I never heard of simplycdkeys.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Long story short, I'm looking to buy xbox live, but currently only have about a 5er on my debit card :o Even a 7 day trial or even 2 days would be fine, to hold me over. I bought a 7 day trial for 2 euro earlier off some CSJ Key website that seemed legit but said the code was already used after I tried :eek: Or maybe the trials just don't work on current accounts that already had gold on them?

Anyone know any good and reputable places?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Does 4200 points still redeem for 50+ euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Ramza wrote: »
    Long story short, I'm looking to buy xbox live, but currently only have about a 5er on my debit card :o Even a 7 day trial or even 2 days would be fine, to hold me over. I bought a 7 day trial for 2 euro earlier off some CSJ Key website that seemed legit but said the code was already used after I tried :eek: Or maybe the trials just don't work on current accounts that already had gold on them?

Anyone know any good and reputable places?

http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Corvo

daUbiq wrote: »

Are these actually safe? Need to purchase a new 12 month, but might just stump up for one from Microsoft for €59.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Corvo wrote: »
    Are these actually safe? Need to purchase a new 12 month, but might just stump up for one from Microsoft for €59.99

I've used them 5 or 6 times now - no issues. They are cheaper. :) You should save about 20 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey guys, just looking to buy some Microsoft points for the Xbox One. Where is the cheapest place these days?

EDIT: Think Cdkeys is working out the best. Quick question, would a gift card in pounds work on an Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know if the Titanfall Season pass can be got for any cheaper than on the Xbox store?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eddie28

Has anyone got a free trial lying around i could maybe have?Would be greatly appreciated :-)

I have one at home, will PM you later

Thanks very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah ha ha ha finally some good loot , got a Broken Truth-LR1 Sniper Rifle from a blue engram :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah ha ha ha finally some good loot , got a Broken Truth-LR1 Sniper Rifle from a blue engram :)
    One guy asks for a trial and you get a Sniper Rifle. Magical, mystical Boards!:pac:

From a blue engram aswell!!still looking for trial though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

I just got stiffed by G2a.com - I chose not to use the 'G2Ashield' (thinking it was akin to Gamestop's 'insurance' bullshít) and surprise surprise one of the codes I received did not work and support won't entertain it. This is the last time I will be dealing with them!

Advertisement