Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Shred wrote: »
    I just got stiffed by G2a.com - I chose not to use the 'G2Ashield' (thinking it was akin to Gamestop's 'insurance' bullshít) and surprise surprise one of the codes I received did not work and support won't entertain it. This is the last time I will be dealing with them!

You pay by paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

Myrddin wrote: »
    You pay by paypal?

Yeah I did, could I challenge it there considering it's most probably in G2a's T&Cs that you're fecked if you don't use the shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Shred wrote: »
    Yeah I did, could I challenge it there considering it's most probably in G2a's T&Cs that you're fecked if you don't use the shield.

I don't know that the shield thing is you're referring to, but with regards to Paypal...you paid for a product that you didn't receive. Definitely raise a dispute about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

Sound, sure it's worth a shot anyway. I knew coming on here to have a moan wouldn't be a wasted exercise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 luckless

Hey guys,

Getting back into gaming after a long hiatus. I'm trying to find an xbox live subscription without gold, am I right in saying there is no such thing? Does this mean you no longer need a live subscription to play online?

I'm on xbox one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Nolimits

luckless wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Getting back into gaming after a long hiatus. I'm trying to find an xbox live subscription without gold, am I right in saying there is no such thing? Does this mean you no longer need a live subscription to play online?

I'm on xbox one.

Not sure what you mean by an xbox live sub without gold an xbox live sub is gold, there used to be silver not sure if that it still around but you didnt need to buy it, aside from that though you most definitely do need a live sub to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hey guys,

I'm on xbox one.

There are 2 levels:

- Silver = standard free membership (no subscription). No online play and no free monthly games.

- Gold = paid membership (monthly or annual subscription). Get online play and free monthly games.

Don't know if there was ever a bronze membership but that's the current setup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hey guys,

I'm on xbox one.

simplykeys and the likes sell 13 months for about €31. worth it just for the free games probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Simplykeys codes work on Irish accounts? Just that it's in Sterling and I can't an option to get EU or UK codes.

ye, got one couple weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Quick question, how long does an order for a live code take to go through with CDkey.com? Ordered last night and still waiting for an order confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

madcabbage wrote: »
    Quick question, how long does an order for a live code take to go through with CDkey.com? Ordered last night and still waiting for an order confirmation.

It should be within a few minutes, check your Spam folder, if you created an account logon and check the status there. If not you should try to contact them.

If you checkout as guest or paypal not sure how to check it.

If paying by card some companies do ask to provide some proof like copy of passport, driving licence, etc

nava wrote: »
    It should be within a few minutes, check your Spam folder, if you created an account logon and check the status there. If not you should try to contact them.

If you checkout as guest or paypal not sure how to check it.

If paying by card some companies do ask to provide some proof like copy of passport, driving licence, etc

I paid as a guest with PayPal. I sent them an email this morning but I'm worried I've been had. They say they've a 24hr customer service team but no response yet.

madcabbage wrote: »
    I paid as a guest with PayPal. I sent them an email this morning but I'm worried I've been had. They say they've a 24hr customer service team but no response yet.

I used them a few times, also friends and others here, you should be ok, they are also on facebook and twitter. I never needed to email them so not sure how fast they reply.

Got sorted in the end. Cheers whoever shared the link on this forum, saves me a few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Every year...

Can anyone tell me the simplest (and maybe cheapest) way to gift points to someone for Christmas these days? I want to avoid attaching my credit card or Paypal account to their Xbox account for obvious reasons, but that's about the only limitation I can think of. cdkeys still the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Simple CD Keys have taken almost an hour so far to send my code :(
    So much for within 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

ROAAAR wrote: »
    Simple CD Keys have taken almost an hour so far to send my code :(
    So much for within 5 minutes.

and here it is:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mmmm.

Just looked on my account on xbox.com there and then the MS commerce page.

It says I haven't bought anything or subscribed to anything (no purchase history or subscriptions).

But I've bought two games digitally which work perfectly. Wonder what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

quad_red wrote: »
    Mmmm.

Just looked on my account on xbox.com there and then the MS commerce page.

It says I haven't bought anything or subscribed to anything (no purchase history or subscriptions).

But I've bought two games digitally which work perfectly. Wonder what's going on?
    On the Commerce page, it sometimes has different versions - depending on all the Microsoft sites you have ever logged in to.

I have no idea why there are so many but for me there is an Irish Personal, Irish Business, UK Business, German Business and US Personal page on Commerce.microsoft.com and the XBox stuff only shows up under the Irish Personal (naturally).

(It's nothing to do with region changing on XBox.Com or the XBox because I've never 'been' to Germany for that :))

You'll see this on the top-right of the page (a little drop-down box).

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

On the Commerce page, it sometimes has different versions - depending on all the Microsoft sites you have ever logged in to.

I have no idea why there are so many but for me there is an Irish Personal, Irish Business, UK Business, German Business and US Personal page on Commerce.microsoft.com and the XBox stuff only shows up under the Irish Personal (naturally).

(It's nothing to do with region changing on XBox.Com or the XBox because I've never 'been' to Germany for that :))

You'll see this on the top-right of the page (a little drop-down box).

Hope that helps.

That's it alright, thanks Fingleberries. It has an IE and a US account for me.

One final question - I have credit on my IE xbox account - this can't be used in my US account then?

And if I buy an xbox live subscription does it matter what sort? (they're not regionally locked are they?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The XBox Live Subscription is region free - you can buy wherever and use it.

The Microsoft credit (formerly points) are region specific, so if you buy dollars you would only be able to use them in the US store.
    With the XBox One, if your machine is set to the US for Region you cannot access any credit that you might have in Euro. However, you can add US Dollar credit if you have bought it online and then use that - or so I have heard :)

Was about to buy an Xbox live code off http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/

And noticed they charge 20% more to use paypal.

Have people here used their credit cards with these guys?

Was about to buy an Xbox live code off http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/

And noticed they charge 20% more to use paypal.

Have people here used their credit cards with these guys?

like cdkeys on facebook, get 5% code and apply to order. Got 13 months for €31 last time.

sweetie wrote: »
    like cdkeys on facebook, get 5% code and apply to order. Got 13 months for €31 last time.

How do I get a 5% code? Took a look at their page on facebook and don't see any offer?

How do I get a 5% code? Took a look at their page on facebook and don't see any offer?

Try here
    you might need to like the page 1st

Fantastic. Pulled trigger there on CDkeys. Email came through straight away, verified mobile number and entered key on xbox.com and sub is now active.

Cheers Nava and Sweetie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Was reading through this thread to see who I'd get my sons 12 months xbox live gold membership. I see that cdkeys.com is the most popular, but there was something in the back of my head about them from last Year. So had a look through my emails to see what it was. What happened last Year is that after I ordered I got an email to say the following. In the end I just canceled as didn't feel right about giving them the details. I had no such issues when I used them the previous year.

"To verify your purchase we require a valid ID copy, such as a driving license, passport, national ID card etc. Please also write today's date and ‘cdkeys.com’ on a piece of paper with it to prove the copy is real. "

Anyone know if this is still the case?

Bottom line is that I need to get him 12 months xbox live gold, so whichever has a good reliable deal and I can pay for it using paypal or other secure method.

gooner99 wrote: »
    Was reading through this thread to see who I'd get my sons 12 months xbox live gold membership. I see that cdkeys.com is the most popular, but there was something in the back of my head about them from last Year. So had a look through my emails to see what it was. What happened last Year is that after I ordered I got an email to say the following. In the end I just canceled as didn't feel right about giving them the details. I had no such issues when I used them the previous year.

"To verify your purchase we require a valid ID copy, such as a driving license, passport, national ID card etc. Please also write today's date and ‘cdkeys.com’ on a piece of paper with it to prove the copy is real. "

Anyone know if this is still the case?

Bottom line is that I need to get him 12 months xbox live gold, so whichever has a good reliable deal and I can pay for it using paypal or other secure method.

Have you verified your credit card on paypal?

I ordered off CDkeys this week and got the code once I verified my mobile phone number. Entered it (as 00353861234567). Got a verification code two minutes later. Entered this on their site and then it all went through. Got xbox live code 2 minutes later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Have you verified your credit card on paypal?

I ordered off CDkeys this week and got the code once I verified my mobile phone number. Entered it (as 00353861234567). Got a verification code two minutes later. Entered this on their site and then it all went through. Got xbox live code 2 minutes later.

Yes have my credit card linked to paypal, always have.

Maybe they changed their verification to a text message. If so then that would be fine.

Advertisement