Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

erkifino wrote: »
    Has anyone used HMVgamecredit.com?
    €5 is 6.50
    €10 is 12.50
    €20 is 23.50
    €25 is 30.00

Are they not fond of selling the €25.00?

Yeah I used them before to buy xbox credit using phone credit I had no use for. (vodafone offer, top up by 20 and they take 10 for the offer leaving you with 10 to use however)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I'm assuming you could. Once the credit is in your account you should be able to use it on anything. Haven't tried that though.

You cannot use it to buy the EA Access, I added €25 from CDkEys, when I go to pay, only option is credit card, the €25 is greyed out.

Even that on the Subscription page with the prices they have the option to Redeem Code, microsoft say nothing they can do as is EA will see what EA say.

ea.JPG

ea2.JPG

nava wrote: »
    You cannot use it to buy the EA Access, I added €25 from CDkEys, when I go to pay, only option is credit card, the €25 is greyed out.

Even that on the Subscription page with the prices they have the option to Redeem Code, microsoft say nothing they can do as is EA will see what EA say.

You can only use debit/credit card to pay for any subscription style service. Xbox live gold, Ea Access, Elder Scrolls Online even.

It's a shame if someone has funds already in their account but that's the way it is.

The reason for the redeem code for EA Access is they sold 1 month codes for it in the U.S when it first came out and also EA & Major Nelson etc. give away 1 month codes for it every now and then.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You can only use debit/credit card to pay for any subscription style service. Xbox live gold, Ea Access, Elder Scrolls Online even.

It's a shame if someone has funds already in their account but that's the way it is.

The reason for the redeem code for EA Access is they sold 1 month codes for it in the U.S when it first came out and also EA & Major Nelson etc. give away 1 month codes for it every now and then.

Is ok as I can get some games, but option to Redeem code should not be there, that's why it really annoyed me and why contacted Xbox support, the guy agreed with me but nothing they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Just got a 6month+1 gold sub from cdkeys but it wont let me redeem it. I'm currently on a 12 month sub that expires in January. I googled the error code and seems other people can't stack their codes either. Will the cdkey's code keep until january or do they expire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mthor5 wrote: »
    Just got a 6month+1 gold sub from cdkeys but it wont let me redeem it. I'm currently on a 12 month sub that expires in January. I googled the error code and seems other people can't stack their codes either. Will the cdkey's code keep until january or do they expire?

The code should be fine. I've used codes that I bought over a year before use and they've worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Some codes do expire but the ones from mskeys shouldn't. Are you stacking a code onto a live sub that used to have a credit card attached? If there is no payment instrument on your account stick one on and try the code then. If nothing else works just get on to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Some codes do expire but the ones from mskeys shouldn't. Are you stacking a code onto a live sub that used to have a credit card attached? If there is no payment instrument on your account stick one on and try the code then. If nothing else works just get on to support.

The credit card expired last month, I noticed when i tried to download the xbox360 games with gold, so I had to update those details and now there is a valid cc tied to the account. I'm fairly certain its to do with the +1 month promotion with the sub that w'ont allow the stacking.

The credit card expired last month, I noticed when i tried to download the xbox360 games with gold, so I had to update those details and now there is a valid cc tied to the account. I'm fairly certain its to do with the +1 month promotion with the sub that w'ont allow the stacking.

Ya stacking is buggy, has been for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Currently €27:46 for 12 months XBL from cdkeys(assuming you use 5% facebook discount)

• Advertisement

Currently €27:46 for 12 months XBL from cdkeys(assuming you use 5% facebook discount)

€25.99 here without any facebook codes needed: http://www.gameladen.com/xbox-360-live-gold-12-monate-mitgliedschaft-card-weltweit-mm.html?a_aid=newsletter

Thanks I ordered it, took about 10min to get code, I bought as guest. Website in German but once you bought online a few times it's easy to use even without German

nava wrote:
    Thanks I ordered it, took about 10min to get code, I bought as guest. Website in German but once you bought online a few times it's easy to use even without German

Google chrome has built in auto translate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Would it be possible to buy a few and hold them or do they have to be redeemed within a certain time frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭dunworth1

amadablam wrote:
    Would it be possible to buy a few and hold them or do they have to be redeemed within a certain time frame?

You can stack three years I believe

dunworth1 wrote: »
    You can stack three years I believe

Can confirm, max 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone use G2A for Xbox live gift card? Its asking me to check the option for EU and Vat business or something which adds 0 on to the cost.

For Ireland it adds on an extra tenner. If I choose the 0% option does it usually go through without any issue?

If not, can anyone recommend another site for wallet top up on Xbox? Cd Keys have none available apart from a 50 pound one which I assume wont work on an Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    I've just ordered here - it took about 10 mins for the order to go through (they also called to confirm the order).

12-month Xbox Live using the above link is €26.99
    €50 Xbox Gift Card is €45.99

Using the promo code Gameladen will give you an additional 5% off (valid for October 2015).
    Otherwise, Facebook like will get you 3% off code.

(enter the code in the Rabattcodes when you are looking at the Shopping Cart).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, where could I get cheapest 1 year code for EA access?

It's €24.99 in the Irish Store - excellent value for what you get.

If you knew someone in Hungary, I believe it's about €20 there. But worth the hassle?

• Advertisement

It's €24.99 in the Irish Store - excellent value for what you get.

If you knew someone in Hungary, I believe it's about €20 there. But worth the hassle?

Cheers, bought it just now too. 25eu is grand, I though someone mentioned you can get cheaper, but if it's only 5 eu cheaper, then fudge it. Might as well just get right from store.

Cheers, bought it just now too. 25eu is grand, I though someone mentioned you can get cheaper, but if it's only 5 eu cheaper, then fudge it. Might as well just get right from store.
    Exactly the same way I feel about it - it's a bargain and for a fiver, is it worth the shenanigans.

Howaya shadow. Nice to see over here on the Xbox forum :D

Howaya shadow. Nice to see over here on the Xbox forum :D

Oh fudge off m8! If I see you in real life, I will punch in in a face. Why? Your dravator is an asshole! :D

Yeah, I got a bit back in to consoles. I cant take my pc to misses house, but I always can take xbox! Waiting for her to finish work will be easier now! :p

Hi all

Anyone know where is the best price for an Xbox live Gold 12 month code?

Was looking here but my German ain't great :D

http://www.gameladen.com/xbox-360-live-gold-12-monate-mitgliedschaft-card-weltweit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ElWalrus

Could try these guys. Have used them a couple of times. Pretty quick to respond.

electronicfirst.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is there a way to check when your Xbox live subscription is up on Xbox One?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

https://account.microsoft.com/services

If the link doesnt work then go to xbox.com and login then go to My Account and Subscriptions and you should see when it will expire

• Advertisement

Cheers Guys

I got it from cdkeys.

Ill have a look around now that I'm back on gold again, it's been ages.

Advertisement