Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

https://account.microsoft.com/services

If the link doesnt work then go to xbox.com and login then go to My Account and Subscriptions and you should see when it will expire
    Thanks.
    Just a follow up question though have they changed the way Gold subscription works on the One as opposed to the 360?
    Cause according to that link my subscription expired over a month ago but I've been playing Fifa,madden etc online with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Just a follow up question though have they changed the way Gold subscription works on the One as opposed to the 360?
    Cause according to that link my subscription expired over a month ago but I've been playing Fifa,madden etc online with no problems.

If an account with gold is signed in, or has the console set to home, then anyone else logged in and playing can play their games and make use of the gold services.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

If an account with gold is signed in, or has the console set to home, then anyone else logged in and playing can play their games and make use of the gold services.
    O right,well the console is set to home I think,the bro has an account on it but he rarely use's it,I believe he has gold membership but essentially I'm using his membership.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Moved some Cheap Xbox Live posts in here.

Please keep all discussion about where to get Xbox Live cheap in here.

CIAB

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

I'm looking to get Titanfall on the Games with Gold (for €7.50 I think) offer but don't get yet have Xbox Live Gold. Will I be able to claim that offer if I use one of the 14 day trial codes? I'm not sure how much I'll use Gold so want to try it out first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I'm looking to get Titanfall on the Games with Gold (for €7.50 I think) offer but don't get yet have Xbox Live Gold. Will I be able to claim that offer if I use one of the 14 day trial codes? I'm not sure how much I'll use Gold so want to try it out first.

Titanfall is online only so your going to need gold to play it anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Games with Gold are free games which you need a current paid Live subscription for; Deals with Gold are a discount for people with Live, and I don't know if it has to be paid or not.

You might be better off getting a one month EA Access code for about a fiver. You'll get titanfall and a load of other EA games as well. You'll still need the Live trial to play online, but at least this way you'd know for sure.

Also, I'd recommend EA Access anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

CatInABox wrote: »
    Games with Gold are free games which you need a current paid Live subscription for; Deals with Gold are a discount for people with Live, and I don't know if it has to be paid or not.

You might be better off getting a one month EA Access code for about a fiver. You'll get titanfall and a load of other EA games as well. You'll still need the Live trial to play online, but at least this way you'd know for sure.

Just to follow up on what Cat has said, if you get EA Access for a month, you only get Titanfall playable for the month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

i entered in my 14day trail code yesterday on my xbox one but when i go into supcriptions theres nothing there it brings me to the buy xbox gold page

and i cant get walking dead

but yet it lets me play blops3 online:confused:

biggebruv wrote: »
    i entered in my 14day trail code yesterday on my xbox one but when i go into supcriptions theres nothing there it brings me to the buy xbox gold page

and i cant get walking dead

but yet it lets me play blops3 online:confused:

In both cases, that's because it's a trial rather than a subscription. You need to pay for it to avail of it.

• Advertisement

In both cases, that's because it's a trial rather than a subscription. You need to pay for it to avail of it.

ah i see thats fine so i have another 14day trial i got with halo
    il enter that in when the 14days are up lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Are you able to get credit for your microsoft account in shops with codes or do you have to use a credit card

By credit I mean credit to buy things on the marketplace

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Rorok wrote: »
    Are you able to get credit for your microsoft account in shops with codes or do you have to use a credit card

It's like €60 in shops.

Get it here for €29 for 12 months

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's like €60 in shops.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

Sorry I meant credit for to buy things on the marketplace

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sorry I meant credit for to buy things on the marketplace

Yeah you can, Gamestop print a code in €5 increments.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Thanks guys.

Quick follow up about the EA Access version. Does it come with all the DLC? I can't seem to find an answer to that.

Edit: Never mind. Looks like all DLC is now free. That's why I was finding it hard to find an answer

Thanks guys.

Quick follow up about the EA Access version. Does it come with all the DLC? I can't seem to find an answer to that.

Not 100% sure but I think you get 10% or 50% off

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's like €60 in shops.

wow thats great is that site safe though i mean thats like 60 on the xbox store

• Registered Users Posts: 28,026 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Loads of us have used them. Usually get the code in a few minutes but your first order can take a few hours.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Loads of us have used them. Usually get the code in a few minutes but your first order can take a few hours.

They have a €50 thing for you microsoft account but it only costs €45, have you ever used it for getting those cause it isnt making a lot of sense to me, how would they make a profit?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have, never had any problems with cdkey, they have been great ever since I started using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

They have a €50 thing for you microsoft account but it only costs €45, have you ever used it for getting those cause it isnt making a lot of sense to me, how would they make a profit?!?!

maybe they bought 2 pallets of them and got a discount on the cost per unit? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Thanks for the cdkeys link lads, worked a treat.
    Payment processed and code provided in an instant.
    Be sure to use correct phone number for quick verification of purchase mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

CD keys are giving 10% off for black Friday, use the code CDKEYSBLACK10 at checkout leaving a 12 month subscription costing 26 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Im looking to get a 12 month sub as a present so need something physical to hand over, any way of getting a cheap sub from cdkeys etc but they'd actually send you out something?

Really don't want to pay out 60euro in gamestop :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,026 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Im looking to get a 12 month sub as a present so need something physical to hand over, any way of getting a cheap sub from cdkeys etc but they'd actually send you out something?

No they won't do that. By the sub and write the code on a card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No they won't do that. By the sub and write the code on a card ?

Thats exactly what I did, dont think my cousin minded

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

SuperS54 wrote: »
    CD keys are giving 10% off for black Friday, use the code CDKEYSBLACK10 at checkout leaving a 12 month subscription costing 26 Euro.

Site says they are out of stock now.

Site says they are out of stock now.

Guess it would have been popular alright, site seems to be down now as well, check back later just in case. The code was for most things on the site, not just XBOX Live.

• Advertisement

Print out the online sheet that gives you the code? I wouldn't pay an extra 30 Euro just for a card from gamestop, you could get 12months and a game for that!

Advertisement