Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is it your first time using CD Keys?

First time I used it the code took a couple of hours. It's usually sent over fairly quick now.

First time I bought from them, the Quantum Break code, I had to verify my account with them before they sent the code. Perhaps log in, or check your email and see if they need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Panic over. Code is here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

is cdkeys still the best place to get xbox live 12mth sub? mine is up end of month...

ablelocks wrote: »
    is cdkeys still the best place to get xbox live 12mth sub? mine is up end of month...

More or less the same price on other sites i checked, paid 39 last week for one thats gone up to 42 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

More or less the same price on other sites i checked, paid 39 last week for one thats gone up to 42 now.
    There's a German site with an ebay store too, that sell it for quite cheap. I started looking for it earlier and got sidetracked. I can't remember what it's called. Hopefully someone else will.

EDIT - I can't remember it, but it's €34 on G2A.com or €49 for 24 months.

DOUBLE EDIT - Gameladen.com was the site I was thinking of (I think) but it seems to be €41 there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Allyall wrote: »
    There's a German site with an ebay store too, that sell it for quite cheap. I started looking for it earlier and got sidetracked. I can't remember what it's called. Hopefully someone else will.

EDIT - I can't remember it, but it's €34 on G2A.com or €49 for 24 months.

DOUBLE EDIT - Gameladen.com was the site I was thinking of (I think) but it seems to be €41 there.

I just got an email from gameland, looks like the Gold for 12 months is €36.99

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

nava wrote: »
    I just got an email from gameland, looks like the Gold for 12 months is €36.99

I ordered from them
    paid by PayPal
    got an email receipt
    half hour later got an email saying my order had been cancelled as there have been a lot of hacked PayPal accounts so they can't be too safe!
    I am uneasy about this now....,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

km79 wrote: »
    I ordered from them
    paid by PayPal
    got an email receipt
    half hour later got an email saying my order had been cancelled as there have been a lot of hacked PayPal accounts so they can't be too safe!

I've used gameladen a good few times and never had a problem, I wouldn't be worried about them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

km79 wrote: »
    I ordered from them
    paid by PayPal
    got an email receipt

I've ordered from them before without issues.

They did ring me to confirm I was who I said I was though. Did you happen to miss any calls between the time you ordered and the time you got the cancellation email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That's the best deal that's being around for a while. Got it last year for around €28 from CDKeys but it's gone up since.

Does Xbox Live membership stack? i'm not expiring until August sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That's the best deal that's being around for a while. Got it last year for around €28 from CDKeys but it's gone up since.

Does Xbox Live membership stack? i'm not expiring until August sometime.

It does, yes. However, there used to be a problem with stacking three or more years on it, so be warned if you go up that high. Not sure if that's still the case, just in case you were going to buy a decades worth!

Thanks, just bought the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've ordered from them before without issues.

They did ring me to confirm I was who I said I was though. Did you happen to miss any calls between the time you ordered and the time you got the cancellation email?

No but it did say if u try again they may call me
    I'll try it again so

They sent it to me in about 5 minutes, had to search my junk folder though so be sure to look there.

Redeemed it online and worked no problem, thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    It does, yes. However, there used to be a problem with stacking three or more years on it, so be warned if you go up that high. Not sure if that's still the case, just in case you were going to buy a decades worth!

You still cant stack more than 3 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Whys it gone up so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭TheOwl12

Hey lads. I bought a 3 month subscription for my brother as a gift but he had already changed his account over to the English market place after moving there. I have no use for it but I have it up on Adverts for 15 euro if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TheOwl12 wrote: »
    Hey lads. I bought a 3 month subscription for my brother as a gift but he had already changed his account over to the English market place after moving there. I have no use for it but I have it up on Adverts for 15 euro if anyone wants it.

Is it an Xbox One? Live codes are region free.

Is it an Xbox One? Live codes are region free.

Yeah it's an xbox one. Thats what I initially thought, but he refuses to take it and is sticking to his guns about it. I've no use for it and all my friends are on pc or ps4 so I might as well try to get some money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TheOwl12 wrote: »
    Yeah it's an xbox one. Thats what I initially thought, but he refuses to take it and is sticking to his guns about it. I've no use for it and all my friends are on pc or ps4 so I might as well try to get some money back.

He's a Muppet :D

I might take it off you just want to see how long mine is stacked for.

• Advertisement

He's a Muppet :D

I might take it off you just want to see how long mine is stacked for.

Yep, can't deny that. Give me a message if you do want it whenever

I bought 12 months Live from CDKeys, and when I enter it on the Xbox One, I keep getting this error code:
    Something went wrong - go to http://xbox.com/errorhelp
    Error Code - Xbos-0x80169D3A

But when I put that code in the link, I get this:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/error-code-lookup?code=Xbos-0x80169D3A
    Error 80169d3a occurs when using Xbox Live on your Xbox 360

You see the following error code and message when you try to use Xbox Live on your Xbox 360 console:
    Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live.
    Status code: 80169d3a
    This may mean one of the following:

• The Xbox Live service is temporarily unavailable.
    • Your Xbox Live Gold subscription or Groove Music Pass has an outstanding balance, and new purchases are being declined.
    • Your PayPal account country/region doesn't match your Xbox Live account country/region.
    • Your account has incorrect or incomplete billing information.

CDKeys are taking their time replying, I'm guessing it's because it's Sunday. Has anyone else had this issue?

Would it be because CDKeys Paypal doesn't match Xbox Live Country/Region?

I bought 12 months Live from CDKeys, and when I enter it on the Xbox One, I keep getting this error code:
    Something went wrong - go to http://xbox.com/errorhelp
    Error Code - Xbos-0x80169D3A

But when I put that code in the link, I get this:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/error-code-lookup?code=Xbos-0x80169D3A

CDKeys are taking their time replying, I'm guessing it's because it's Sunday. Has anyone else had this issue?

Would it be because CDKeys Paypal doesn't match Xbox Live Country/Region?

Try entering it on Xbox.com.

Try entering it on Xbox.com.

Tried that, unfortunately the exact same error.. :(

Tried that, unfortunately the exact same error.. :(

Balls. You can try changing the web region on the bottom left of the page. Probably the easiest thing to do is to get on to Xbox com support .

Also have you a payment instrument on your account and is your gold expired right now?

Also have you a payment instrument on your account and is your gold expired right now?

I'm on to them now (Live Chat). Not sure what you mean Payment instrument, a card attached? Hope not. Had a ton of hassle a few years ago with Nephew.

Gold is expired, yep.
    I bought 2 weeks first, and that didn't work - I thought it was because it was a "trial".

I'm on to them now (Live Chat). Not sure what you mean Payment instrument, a card attached? Hope not. Had a ton of hassle a few years ago with Nephew.

Gold is expired, yep.
    I bought 2 weeks first, and that didn't work - I thought it was because it was a "trial".

Yeah, a card or PayPal. It can be a bit screwy if there is no PI attached. Support should fix it though.

Yeah, a card or PayPal. It can be a bit screwy if there is no PI attached. Support should fix it though.

A card was attached (My old Debit) and Nephew had run up quite a bill. I 'owed' them €14 for something, I think it was for March and April monthly Gold. But it is infuriating the way they have auto renewal on.
    My Gold must have expired in February, he found card and must have signed up for a month.
    I don't get whu they left it for March and April though.

Anyway, problem sorted, and I've removed all payment methods for now.

Thanks for the help, and advice. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

12 month codes seem to have gone up pretty much everywhere

Mine expired last week, just got 12 months for €38.89 on xbox-live.com and after I redeemed the code and reactivated gold, I was still being offered a 1-month free trial on the Xbox site to rejoin. Took it and it stacked fine, 13 months for €39 isn't too shabby, so if your renewal date is coming up let it expire for a free month!

Advertisement