Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Xbox live expired today so will have to pick up a new subscription in the next day or so. CDKeys still the best shout?

Showing as 41.69. I can't remember if that's actually a decent price or not, being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I think they still are, looking on the microsoft site and on xbox its about €60ish for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The cheapest I found a couple of weeks ago was 35 sterling with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Anyone have problems with buygamecredit? Probably the wrong weekend to buy it...

I usually get it instantly but not this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 vrt12

15 months for £40 on amazon. Comes to about €45 or €3 a month. Equivalent to €36 for 12 months.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Live-Month-Membership-Download/dp/B071NLZZLH/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1496575873&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox%2Blive&th=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

vrt12 wrote: »

Cheaper on CD keys still, especially with their 5% off. I just got the same sub for £37.80. Worth noting (assuming that this is a general offer, it may simply be because I had let mine lapse for a week), that MS may prompt you to turn on auto-renew in exchange for a free month, making it 16 months. You can go straight in to disable auto renew and the sub will still be for 16 months (mine expires October 2018, and auto renew is now re-disabled)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Quick question.

My ex girlfriend had an Xbox live account around 8/9 years ago. It was set to automatic renew each year and the money was taken automatically from my account. It's hasn't been used for around 7 years and unfortunately I get charged every year. So I need to get this stopped.

I don't have an Xbox anyone, I've an idea of the username but not 100% sure and don't know the email address.

What should I do?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tyson Fury wrote:
    I don't have an Xbox anyone, I've an idea of the username but not 100% sure and don't know the email address.

Contact your bank and ask them to stop it, explain the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is it a generic code for CDkeys? Not on Facebook.

Or is somewhere else cheaper?

Also, I got a free month with my One S. Are the codes stackable, or do I have to wait until my month is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Soarer wrote: »
    Is it a generic code for CDkeys? Not on Facebook.

Or is somewhere else cheaper?

Also, I got a free month with my One S. Are the codes stackable, or do I have to wait until my month is up?

I tried to add the free month I got with my One S to my existing account, it wouldn't let me and suggested I give it to a friend instead!

• Advertisement

Bought a Live sub and applied it this morning. But it's only valid to the profile that installed it? I thought it applied to all users on the box?
    Also, can all users play the games I download from Gold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Bought a Live sub and applied it this morning. But it's only valid to the profile that installed it? I thought it applied to all users on the box?
    If the Xbox is your home Xbox then it will apply to other users on that Xbox. It won't show as a subscription for them, but they have access to it and can play online and can install your GWG games. The only catch is they cannot avail of Deals with gold discounts directly. The discount only applies to your account, but they can still play any games you purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You need to set the console as your home console for your entitlements to be applied to anyone that's on that console. That or leave your account logged in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Contact your bank and ask them to stop it, explain the deal?

I was thinking I might have to, thanks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bought a 12month sub from CDKeys, can't redeem it as support say the code is locked to the Brazil region

Never had issues with CDkeys before so let's see how good their support is...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭dunworth1

maximoose wrote: »
    Bought a 12month sub from CDKeys, can't redeem it as support say the code is locked to the Brazil region

thats weird i thought the codes weren't region locked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭finglashoop

maximoose wrote: »

Can you set it to brazil on Microsoft website and redeem?

Yeah I tried that too, get the same error.

Haven't tried it on my console at all yet will try that later if they haven't gotten back to me - it has been 'escalated' now

dunworth1 wrote: »
    thats weird i thought the codes weren't region locked

Wouldn't be surprised if they have locked this down. They have the market places locked down now so you can't buy from another regions store. Same goes for gift cards, no reason why they would stop at xbox live subs.

fwiw, Ireland and UK appear to be the same region. I had no problem purchasing from UK store recently. Unless they just haven't gotten round to locking that down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭dunworth1

qrx wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if they have locked this down. They have the market places locked down now so you can't buy from another regions store. Same goes for gift cards, no reason why they would stop at xbox live subs.

fwiw, Ireland and UK appear to be the same region. I had no problem purchasing from UK store recently. Unless they just haven't gotten round to locking that down too.

the market place was always locked down though it was possible to get around it.

live has always been region free since way back in the 360 days

i hope they havent locked it down though its would be a real kick to the grapes handing over 60 euro to gamestop

• Advertisement

The store / MS Account pages seem to be a mess in general at the minute

I can't add / edit addresses and purchases from last 2 weeks all missing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You could never buy from Brazil without a Brazilian PPS number.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You could never buy from Brazil without a Brazilian PPS number.

Yeah, some regions have specific requirements that you cannot easily bypass

I ordered a 12 month EA pass, 3 Month Gold, and £10 pack from amazon.co.uk. Just tried to redeem the £10 code, and it's telling me it's locked to a different region and to look for my money back!

Will be interesting to see what Amazon say.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    the market place was always locked down though it was possible to get around it.

live has always been region free since way back in the 360 days

i hope they havent locked it down though its would be a real kick to the grapes handing over 60 euro to gamestop
    Yes but my point is there has been a clamp down. What was always the case is not necessarily the case anymore. I can only say for certain you cannot buy from foreign regions, not even gift cards anymore. There is no way around it. It's not too far fetched that this clamp down would extend to live subs.

CDKeys have refunded my order

The good times are over :pac:

Yes but my point is there has been a clamp down. What was always the case is not necessarily the case anymore. I can only say for certain you cannot buy from foreign regions, not even gift cards anymore. There is no way around it. It's not too far fetched that this clamp down would extend to live subs.

Currency cards were always region specific though

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Other currency can be redeemed on the Xbox...trying to do it through .com will not work. I redeemed 40 GBP yesterday all fine. Bought from Amazon

Rafloution wrote: »
    Other currency can be redeemed on the Xbox...trying to do it through .com will not work. I redeemed 40 GBP yesterday all fine. Bought from Amazon

Its redeemed on a split profile tied to your MSA. The currencies cannot be shared though.

Like so

United States (USD)
    $0.00 available
    Redeem Bitcoin
    United Kingdom (GBP)
    £0.00 available
    Ireland (EUR)
    €84.06 available

• Advertisement

Rafloution wrote: »

UK and Ireland appear to be the same region from what I can see. I also have no problem buying digital games from the UK store.

Outside of that, Russia for example which used to be popular. There is no way to buy gift cards or games from the Russian store anymore. They check the region of your credit card (obviously if you have a Russian credit card then all is good). You can pick up foreign gift cards from 3rd party sites, but at a big premium which negates a lot of the savings. If you do manage to get a digital code or gift card I am not sure what the situation is with redeeming the codes. I wouldn't want to risk it myself, not for anything too expensive anyway.

Advertisement