Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

qrx wrote: »
    UK and Ireland appear to be the same region from what I can see. I also have no problem buying digital games from the UK store.

I'm the same. Have bought EA codes, Gold codes, and digital downloads all from the UK site without issue. It's just the £10 Live credit is causing grief.

Soarer wrote: »
    I'm the same. Have bought EA codes, Gold codes, and digital downloads all from the UK site without issue. It's just the £10 Live credit is causing grief.

Just to bookend this, I changed my region on the Xbox to UK, restarted the machine, and was able to add the £10 without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭finglashoop

So wheres the cheapest place to buy it now? Mine is due. Usually use electronic first

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

After the issues with CDKeys, I just bought a 12M code for $27.21 from Amazon.com - worked out as €23 so not too shabby

Redeemed with no issues, and got an extra month free from MS for turning auto renew on when redeeming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

maximoose wrote: »
    After the issues with CDKeys, I just bought a 12M code for $27.21 from Amazon.com - worked out as €23 so not too shabby

Redeemed with no issues, and got an extra month free from MS for turning auto renew on when redeeming :)

Jesus thats unreal. When did you order it?

Its $55 now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I got it at about 12:30 today, it didn't seem to last long sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I need to buy 12 month sub either today or tomorrow have any new deals come up?

Blanchy90 wrote: »

I got one from electronic first last week for 38 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

40 on cdkeys, and you can get another bob or two with the FB discount.

I does not, as far as I know.
    Had trouble buying it, for example, when Amazon wouldn't sell it to me unless I was a UK citizen, but redeeming was no problem.

JoyPad wrote: »
    I does not, as far as I know.
    Had trouble buying it, for example, when Amazon wouldn't sell it to me unless I was a UK citizen, but redeeming was no problem.

Thanks looks like cdkeys will work out the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Thanks, does the region matter for live?

No.

It does for PS Plus for the Playstation :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Thanks, does the region matter for live?

Look back on the earlier posts, someone recently had a problem with a (new) region lock on a live sub purchased from CD Keys, they refunded.

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Look back on the earlier posts, someone recently had a problem with a (new) region lock on a live sub purchased from CD Keys, they refunded.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought from electronic first after seeing this.

Now I get to play the Sea of Thieves alpha tonight :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Used Electronic First yesterday, the first code they sent kept giving odd error messages.

Send me a new one which is used.. they havent replied to my last couple of mails looking for a new code/refund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Got a 15 month code from cdkeys just now for 48.39 and it worked OK.

12 month code is €40.99

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Got a 15 month code from cdkeys just now for 48.39 and it worked OK.

12 month code is €40.99
    yeah got the same, worked a treat

• Advertisement

12 months Gold membership for €34.50.

Here

Shoulda posted this in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Shoulda posted this in here.

Out of stock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

Back in stock now but I was charged a 1.40 payment fee and when I redeemed it said the code was for a different region and to contact the seller...which I'm about to do.

Edit: I was redeeming through smartglass initially, I tried through xbox.com instead and it worked (after being redirected to the Irish equivalent).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Would anyone have a 2 day Xbox live pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Tilikum wrote: »
    Would anyone have a 2 day Xbox live pass?

seen one on cd-keys for like 3euro

Have a code for 14 days of XBox Live to give away.
    Thank this post if you want it, and I will draw a winner tonight.

I was just going to post this before JoyPad stuck up his post so this is now going to look like beggin, for that reason I don't want to be added into the draw for the Xbox live sub Joy.

I just unboxed my new xbox 1 S last night and went through the set up process.

Somewhere along the way it asked me to enter a code for xbox live gold, a 14 day trial came with it so I threw that in.

When I had everything updated and ready to go I tried to join a party and it wont let me, gives me an error saying I must have an active gold sub. Confused I go to the store to see if I have an active sub, which I do that isn't due to expire until the 22nd of this month, it even lets me start a download for one of the free games with gold for this month!

Anyway I think nothing of it and try to go play COD:WWII online and get the same message, ready to throw the branch new controller across the room (after a 1.5gb update and then a 50gb download for COD) so I play the campaign for a bit then head to bed.

When I check my active subs through the settings it tells me my last sub ended in 2014, which would be correct but has no mention of the trial I currently have according to the code I put in and the store.

Has anyone come across this yet?

I have also contacted Microsoft but nothing yet. I even nearly turned my PlayStation back on to keep me sane.

Winner is deadanonymau5. Will PM the code shortly...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I was just going to post this before JoyPad stuck up his post so this is now going to look like beggin, for that reason I don't want to be added into the draw for the Xbox live sub Joy.

Somewhere along the way it asked me to enter a code for xbox live gold, a 14 day trial came with it so I threw that in.

When I had everything updated and ready to go I tried to join a party and it wont let me, gives me an error saying I must have an active gold sub. Confused I go to the store to see if I have an active sub, which I do that isn't due to expire until the 22nd of this month, it even lets me start a download for one of the free games with gold for this month!

Anyway I think nothing of it and try to go play COD:WWII online and get the same message, ready to throw the branch new controller across the room (after a 1.5gb update and then a 50gb download for COD) so I play the campaign for a bit then head to bed.

When I check my active subs through the settings it tells me my last sub ended in 2014, which would be correct but has no mention of the trial I currently have according to the code I put in and the store.

I have also contacted Microsoft but nothing yet. I even nearly turned my PlayStation back on to keep me sane.

Try a hard reset (hold the power button down for 4-5 seconds) and see will it connect after a reboot.

I'll pm you another 14 day code in a bit to see will that work. Did you say in the other thread that you were able to download the GWG?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    SeanHarty wrote: »

Try a hard reset (hold the power button down for 4-5 seconds) and see will it connect after a reboot.

I'll pm you another 14 day code in a bit to see will that work. Did you say in the other thread that you were able to download the GWG?

I've tried the hard reset and even reset the whole console today still nothing.

Yeah I was able to download one of the games with gold, when I'm in the store it tells me my sub is active until the 22nd and the guy from Xbox support told me the same that he could see I have gold.

Someone already send me a code to try mate so it's alright but I appreciate it

Advertisement