Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

ectoraige wrote: »
    When buying codes for Gold membership, at what point do they become activated? Is it from time of purchase, or time they are used to register a console? I'm assuming the latter, but wanted to check as will be buying as a Christmas present. I assume cdkeys are still good t buy from, they seem to have the best price for a 12-month subscription at the moment.

How much are they on CDKeys? A boadsie is selling them for €40 on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

How much are they on CDKeys? A boadsie is selling them for €40 on adverts.

€40 on cdkeys at moment, looks like the aforementioned boardsie sold his, €45 seems the going rate on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Set Parcel Motel as your main Address

Just bought a year on amazon and got the code, used my parcel motel as address.
    The code won't redeem, does anyone know if this is locale locked to the UK, as I am in Ireland.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

The only time I had a problem redeeming an xbox live code I got from Amazon was because I had already stacked 3 years worth on my account.
    I contacted Microsoft and they just told me that 3 was the maximum I could stack so I held onto it until one of the years had gone by and then redeemed it

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x6tence

leuler wrote: »
    The code won't redeem, does anyone know if this is locale locked to the UK, as I am in Ireland.

Cheers.

change your console's location and locale to the UK, It works with microsoft balance so should work fine with XBL Gold.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, I got on to Amazon in the meantime as I kept trying without success. They have cancelled the order, so will order from cd keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

Thanks guys, I got on to Amazon in the meantime as I kept trying without success. They have cancelled the order, so will order from cd keys.

I've used CDkeys for the last four years and for other stuff like PUBG. I haven't had any issues with them in those four years and there's no waiting around for the codes. Emailed straight to me after around 5 mins.

I'll try cdkeys, thanks for the help all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'll try cdkeys, thanks for the help all.

I know a bit late, but I ordered my one yesterday from cd keys too ( did used them before for pc games and xbox live ), got my code instantly. Never ever had issues with that crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Cheers.

That happened to me once. Xbox support told me to try on Xbox.com and it worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That happened to me once. Xbox support told me to try on Xbox.com and it worked

It will always also work on a Xbox 360 if you still have one. I don't know the algorithms used in the Xbox One but it seems a step back from the 360 days even achievements don't pop straight away on the One.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

CDkeys or Electronic First still alright to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just used cd keys for €39.99
    eBay was much the same for a code

There are some cheaper options on eBay but you’re buying an Xbox laccount already loaded with the xbox live years pass but I didn’t trust this option

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah Electronic first have it for e29 or so and plenty of recent users on hukd

If your buying any digital codes from eBay, keep in mind that their embg doesn't cover digitally delivered goods.
    So if your code doesn't work and you call up to get a refund you'll be told no

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

If your buying any digital codes from eBay, keep in mind that their embg doesn't cover digitally delivered goods.
    So if your code doesn't work and you call up to get a refund you'll be told no

Yep thought of that already that’s why I didn’t chance the flakey sellers

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

12 months of Gold for £26.99/EUR39.99 in Uk/Ireland MS store for 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Also if you use topcashback, £8 cashback on a 12 month sub. Tracked fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

maximoose wrote: »
    Also if you use topcashback, £8 cashback on a 12 month sub. Tracked fine for me

That's useful.

Microsoft Rewards can also be used for Xbox Live Gold. Currently 29,000 points for 12months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hola, señorita bonita
    €18.66 for 12 months Xbox Live if you use a VPN connected to Argentina.

I used Nord VPN (free trial) on an Android phone and my revolut card (I dont think what card you use matters). For some reason it left payment pending and I couldnt use Xbox Live for 2 hours or so. Its fine now though.

Edit: I dont think it works if you have an active subscription

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

I'm trying to buy this as a gift but when I log in to my account the price goes up to €60. Any idea how to get it for 39.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I just tried it there. I think its a sign up to gold offer at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 grathu

DEAL OF THE DAY - Amazon
    £14.99
    Ends in 5:52:21
    Buy 3 months, Get 3 months + 1,000 Apex Legends Coins
    Ships from and sold by Amazon Media EU S.à r.l..

grathu wrote: »
    DEAL OF THE DAY - Amazon
    £14.99
    Ends in 5:52:21
    Buy 3 months, Get 3 months + 1,000 Apex Legends Coins
    Ships from and sold by Amazon Media EU S.à r.l..

Here is the link for the above deal https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078VQSFSJ/ref=gbps_img_s-4_c2b0_14bad3e5?smid=AR9ZQCUDB1BRG&pf_rd_p=f5227d2a-3635-4648-9d86-44d2ca40c2b0&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=PQZ8M48Q9W7P7DN3V4C7

I've purchased it, I was able to use the code for the Apex coins but the 2 codes for Xbox Live is telling me that I have a sub from a different region and i should call customer support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

[...] but the 2 codes for Xbox Live is telling me that I have a sub from a different region and i should call customer support

You can use those codes after your current subscription expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Do Xbox codes for uk work in Ireland? Can I buy one as a gift for someone. And they use it in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭iHungry

Have a three offer Xbox code that won't be used. First to reply gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

iHungry wrote: »
    Have a three offer Xbox code that won't be used. First to reply gets it.

Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭iHungry

Yes please!

Pm'd ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I also have 1 code from 3 app, if anyone interested quote my post.

Advertisement