Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Marketing mails

Options
  • 05-03-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi,
    I hope this is the right place to post this type of query.

I bought a dell laptop donkeys years ago, i think 5 years ago at least. I had been getting there marketing mails and believe that they were entitled to send them for 2 years after the purchase. No problem.
    But now they are annoying and I have tried multiple times to unsubscribe from there mailing thread. I have written directly to them and they have said that i will be removed but i still have not been removed.

Here is the response i got from direct contact

Dear Mr. X:

Thank you for contacting Dell.

I understand that you would like to unsubscribe your email address from our subscription mailing list. I apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered due to this issue.

I appreciate your frustration in your attempts to unsubscribe from receiving Dell e-mail marketing and apologize for any inconvenience. Your request to unsubscribe has been processed. Please note that you will continue to receive communications related to your account, such as important product information.

If you have subscribed using other e-mail addresses, you will need to unsubscribe from each address separately. Please let me know if there are other e-mail addresses you would like to have unsubscribed from Dell's marketing email list(s). If you are not sure of your subscription e-mail address, the bottom of your Dell subscription e-mail will indicate "You are subscribed as.".

If you continue to receive e-mail marketing at this e-mail address, please forward it to me so I can be sure your request is honored.

You are always welcome to re-subscribe by logging into your My Account page and clicking on "Subscriptions."

If there is anything additional I can help you with, feel free to write back to me via reply e-mail.

Thank you for choosing Dell.

Respectfully,

I responded back after receiving 4 more and then i got this

Dear Mr. X:

Thank you for your reply.

I have make sure that your email address <email address> is removed from our records completely.

Let me know if you receive any more emails, I will escalate the issue to our Website marketing team.

If there is anything additional I can help you with, feel free to write back to me via reply e-mail.

Thank you for choosing Dell.

Respectfully,

Since then i have written to comreg, some joke response about them looking into it, i cant find the mail, but nothing since.

Anyone any idea how i can get removed or what my position is?
    I have all responses and marketing mails.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ter1

Thats sounds like a real pain in the backside, cant believe they havnt sorted it out though, these days that kind of bad publicity just isnt worth it. Have you tried directing them to junk as an alternative ?
    Good luck,
    Terry

Advertisement