Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom->Vodafone transfer continuity of service question

• 05-03-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I've just signed up for Vodafone landline/broadband 3MB/s in Mayo.
    I've been with Eircom up until now.
    The sales guy told me that there should be no loss of service apart from the few minutes it takes to setup the new modem/router.

I double checked this with Voda customer/tech support and they said that it *should* be like that but that I should carefully monitor when Eircom decide to discontinue my service and give them (Vodafone) a buzz so that they can ensure that everything transfers seamlessly.

What are people's real experiences in recent times in terms of transfer from Eircom->Voda and interruption of service or otherwise ?

I was told by Vodafone sales guy that it ought to take 20+ days for the overall transfer to take effect in terms of being setup as a new Voda customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭P1erce

I recently changed from Vodafone->Digiweb.

No its not continuous.

Vodafone held onto the line longer than they should have and they also turned off the DSL on the port.

So for 4 days I did not have DSL (2 separate days), and if I did not have my own equipment probably closer to 10.

Might be different in your case.

Pierce

Advertisement