Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Is Benzema injured or being "rested"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Real Madrid to Come From Behind and Win @ 13/2

Sevilla to win and 5 or more total goals in the match @ 30/1

C'mon somebody!

JPA wrote: »
    Real Madrid to Come From Behind and Win @ 13/2

Sevilla to win and 5 or more total goals in the match @ 30/1

C'mon somebody!

booooo

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kryogen wrote: »
    he has been excellent at times, but he is still in an adjustment period imo

not seeing his best yet
    how would you know? too busy watching your women movies :p
    Is Benzema injured or being "rested"?

now I know you dont watch la liga :D

:p
    Headshot wrote: »
    how would you know? too busy watching your women movies :p

now I know you dont watch la liga :D

lol as i have said in another thread, i havent seen much of it in the last couple of months!

parenthood man, its a beautiful thing :)

so Benzema?

ps, i protested until Runaway Bride was turned off and the football was turned on, im a warrior man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

How did they not score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

3-2 madrid, what a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

fck that was close. unlucky ronnie

you cant say its undeserved

really wanna know who said the league was over a few weeks back

that Barca wouldnt be caught and that.......

pressure on Barca now, Madrid have stepped up to the plate tonight

• Advertisement

:p

lol as i have said in another thread, i havent seen much of it in the last couple of months!

parenthood man, its a beautiful thing :)

so Benzema?

ps, i protested until Runaway Bride was turned off and the football was turned on, im a warrior man!

tbh I dont know anything about benzema, it wouldnt surprised me to see him dropped, kryogen, utd dodged a bullet there

what a win for Madrid
    wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

some game - good man Jerzy Dudek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

WTF is up with Madrid and their fringe players scoring absolutely vital goals for them (Reyes and Higuain 3 seasons ago)... guttttttttttttttttttted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Keeper badly at fault there. weak enough header spilled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Fully deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

What a finish to this game, great stuff.

tbh I dont know anything about benzema, it wouldnt surprised me to see him dropped, kryogen, utd dodged a bullet there

what a win for Madrid
    wow

couldnt agree with you more pal

and if you search my posts i am on record as saying he aint all that from a long long time ago! delighted we didnt get him in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

So wrong about Benz...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ wrote: »
    WTF is up with Madrid and their fringe players scoring absolutely vital goals for them (Reyes and Higuain 3 seasons ago)... guttttttttttttttttttted.

I <3 Reyes

• Advertisement

Real have cover for Benzema's form whereas Barca dont for Ibra - shocking.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I <3 Reyes

playing some great stuff for Atlético atm

Warper wrote: »
    Real have cover for Benzema's form whereas Barca dont for Ibra - shocking.

Disagree, we do, his name is Thierry Henry, he happens to be sh*t this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

playing some great stuff for Atlético atm

I know, really wish he had have been happy to stay with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Real vs Sevilla game was savage.... great match..

Disagree, we do, his name is Thierry Henry, he happens to be sh*t this year.

Thats my point though

• Advertisement

Warper wrote: »
    Thats my point though

So it's not that we don't have the depth, it's that we are unfortunate to have our back up in such horrible form too? There's also Bojan btw, who has been fairly impressive in his cameos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Pretty sure he meant that Madrid can drop a player in poor form for a player in great form. Barcelona can't do that right now.

You know, as much as I've despised what Madrid have done with their excessive spending, theres a horrible little part of me that wants to see them get one up on Barca.

Archimedez wrote: »

You know, as much as I've despised what Madrid have done with their excessive spending, theres a horrible little part of me that wants to see them get one up on Barca.

dirty

So it's not that we don't have the depth, it's that we are unfortunate to have our back up in such horrible form too? There's also Bojan btw, who has been fairly impressive in his cameos...

I take your point but we are short another world-class striker to go with Ibra, Henry is past it and I dont think Bojan will ever be in the world-class category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cant argue with being beaten by a team like that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Keeper badly at fault there. weak enough header spilled.

Bit harsh ,he made some great saves throughout the match.
    I'd blame the left back,Ramos should never have been allowed cross the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It was 2 - 0 to Sevilla when I saw this last, how did it finish up?

In spoilers if ye wish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

mars bar wrote: »

Real 3 - 2 Sevilla

im not trying to be smart here, but could ya not have gone back one page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

im not trying to be smart here, but could ya not have gone back one page?

I did but it was a sweeping glance, my bad! :o

I did but it was a sweeping glance, my bad! :o

lol as i said, i wasnt meaning to be smart, just couldnt see how you could miss the score on the thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Just finished watching the Madrid match on Sky+ there. Wow! What a game and what a result! The passion Real Madrid played with was phenomenal. Barcelona will be sh1tting it in the Bernabeau

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Cracking match last night. Real definitely deserved the win but Sevilla were very good too. They stuck to their gameplan and it so nearly paid off. Palop was incredible last night.

Just finished watching the Madrid match on Sky+ there. Wow! What a game and what a result! The passion Real Madrid played with was phenomenal. Barcelona will be sh1tting it in the Bernabeau

I remember hearing exactly the same thing last year, the build up to the Clasico and Madrid had won like 15 of their last 16 matches. We all remember what happened there. Sevilla were cowards that entire game, they just let Madrid have the ball and hoped that Palop would keep them in the game, they had no real concrete chance the entire game, that includes both the goals. Let's not all start deep throating Real all of a sudden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I remember hearing exactly the same thing last year, the build up to the Clasico and Madrid had won like 15 of their last 16 matches. We all remember what happened there. Sevilla were cowards that entire game, they just let Madrid have the ball and hoped that Palop would keep them in the game, they had no real concrete chance the entire game, that includes both the goals. Let's not all start deep throating Real all of a sudden.

In fairness they're top of the league ahead of a team many having been jizzing their pants about all season. Credit where its due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i guess eze only wants people deep throating barca

I have a fierce gag reflex so I'd rather not deep throat anyone.

flahavaj wrote: »
    In fairness they're top of the league ahead of a team many having been jizzing their pants about all season. Credit where its due.

You do realise that La Liga title is based on the head to head rule if two teams finish level on points? Barcelona beat them in the first leg of the Clasico 1-0, so to say it's anything other than advantage Barcelona when it comes to the head to head ruling doesn't really make sense to me. Anyway, we'll see come the end of the season who the deserved winners of the league are.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    i guess eze only wants people deep throating barca

Constructive as always Alan...

Also, fwiw, I think Real should be properly ahead of Barca in the league table. I don't like the head to head rule, and think you should be rewarded for your goal difference over an entire season, rather than just two games.

You do realise that La Liga title is based on the head to head rule if two teams finish level on points? Barcelona beat them in the first leg of the Clasico 1-0, so to say it's anything other than advantage Barcelona when it comes to the head to head ruling doesn't really make sense to me. Anyway, we'll see come the end of the season who the deserved winners of the league are.

Not hugely relevant, my point was you're complaining about people "deep throating" Madrid when they have equal points to Barca so far this season (with a better goal difference). And there has been no shortage of praise for Barca this season. I think its fair enough that Madrid be praised equally for staying with them so far.

Basically you're nit-picking a minor factual error in my post without addressing the overall point I'm making. Credit where its due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

A lot of people were predicting Real to implode with all the signings and whatnot. They've impressed me. To be ahead of Barcelona is quite an achievement, for any club. Reals home form is quite something this season.

Also eZe, Barca vs Real could've gone either way imo. Real were good on the night.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    A lot of people were predicting Real to implode with all the signings and whatnot. They've impressed me. To be ahead of Barcelona is quite an achievement, for any club. Reals home form is quite something this season.

Also eZe, Barca vs Real could've gone either way imo. Real were good on the night.

That comeback last night showed theres team spirit now to go with the individual brilliance as well. Its gonna be a tight race I think and great to watch for the neutral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

IvySlayer wrote: »

Myth. Real had a few decent chances, but Barca when down to ten men blew 2-3 chances to score and make the scoreline more reflective of the game.

Gutted by last nights results. But its amusing that people are writing off Barca just because Real are top by virtue of goal difference. The Clasico is pivotal, as was last seasons. Do Madrid have the cajones to knock the champions? We shall wait and see, but last seasons humiliation will be playing on their minds.

For the record, and I have said it for weeks, this league is Reals to throw away.

gimmick wrote: »
    Myth. Real had a few decent chances, but Barca when down to ten men blew 2-3 chances to score and make the scoreline more reflective of the game.

Gutted by last nights results. But its amusing that people are writing off Barca just because Real are top by virtue of goal difference. The Clasico is pivotal, as was last seasons. Do Madrid have the cajones to knock the champions? We shall wait and see, but last seasons humiliation will be playing on their minds.

For the record, and I have said it for weeks, this league is Reals to throw away.

I don't think anyones writing off Barca at all. Just looking for Madrid to get credit for keeping level with Barca.

If anything the taming Madrid got last season should motivate them rather than play on their minds. If they have anything about them at all it should anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

gimmick wrote: »

Real just couldn't finish that night. Most teams would just bottle it at Nou Camp.

Who's writing Barca off? Just saying well done to Madrid, considering how many people predicted Barcelona would walk it.

Advertisement