Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 25

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

eZe^ wrote: »
    Constructive as always Alan...
    I like to do my bit :) i just think so many people have slated real this season and laughed at their project that now that they're gone top ahead of barca they deserve some praise to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

They spent over €250m in the close seasonffs. Bad news if they were not top for a while at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

even with my utter disdain for Madrid i have to give them credit last night, they were asked a question and they answered emphatically

Ronaldo was excellent last night and if Higuain had his shooting boots the scoreline wouldnt have even been close

Still if Barca can make sure they dont get beat in the Bernabeau at least they have to be favorites still for the league due to the head to head system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Bilbao lineup:
    Iraizoz, Iraola, San José, Amorebieta, Castillo, Susaeta, Orbaiz, Javi Martínez, Gabilondo, Toquero, Llorente

Valladolid lineup:
    Justo Villar, Del Horno, Arzo, Baraja, Marcos, Borja, Pelé, Diego Costa, Keko, Lázaro, Manucho

Link: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=67309&part=sports
    or http://www.roundplace.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

redout wrote: »
    Valladolid lineup:
    Justo Villar, Del Horno, Arzo, Baraja, Marcos, Borja, Pelé, Diego Costa, Keko, Lázaro, Manucho

All hail...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I like to do my bit :) i just think so many people have slated real this season and laughed at their project that now that they're gone top ahead of barca they deserve some praise to be honest.

Think that's completely fair enough. But I don't see yesterday as that much of a turning point, they have been the same all season, ruthlessly efficient. The difference between being 2 points down and level means nothing, they are in the exact same position, the will need to beat Barca 1-0 or by more than a single goal to be on top of the league (obviously assuming the points difference doesn't change).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

eze, both teams are likely to drop more points before the end of the season so i don't think it all hinges on El Classico tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Athletic look like closing the gap to 4th place to just 3pts. They are having a great season.

In recent seasons they have been battling in out in the relegation dog fight right up to the death.

Great to see them having a very good season.

Atleti lineup:
    De Gea; Valera, Perea, Ujfalusi, Domínguez; Paulo Assunçao, Tiago, Reyes, Simao; Forlán, 'Kun' Agüero

Atleti lineup:
    De Gea; Valera, Perea, Ujfalusi, Domínguez; Paulo Assunçao, Tiago, Reyes, Simao; Forlán, 'Kun' Agüero

A draw or better will put Atleti into the top half of the table for the first time this season.

• Advertisement

Bukman13 wrote: »
    A draw or better will put Atleti into the top half of the table for the first time this season.

Aye, they can really salvage their season to be honest.

The race for the fourth Champions league spot is brilliant with so many teams involved.

Aye, they can really salvage their season to be honest.

The race for the fourth Champions league spot is brilliant with so many teams involved.

Yea, excatly 4th spot is still wide open, it will be an interesting finish, but i can't see Atleti closing a 13pt gap on 3/4 teams.

We still have Europa league and Copa del Rey though.

Goal..........

1 - 0

Jarosik

Similar to the goal Barca conceded last night

Great start by Zaragoza. Well deserved, Atletico have bearly put a pass together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Great win for Athletic.

Some atmosphere from the Zaragoza fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

gotta feel for reyes.

Can't really defend what he did, but he's been beaten off the pitch and just had enough.

Edit- they the gave the fouls against him count at nine i think. And thats just what he got frees for.

Reyes Kicked and Jeered around the pitch for 70mins... and then gets a red card, looked harsh (similar to Ronaldo's red earlier in the season.)

Goal..........

1 - 1

Atleti 92min

Ibraaaaaaaaaaa

First shot on goal for Atleti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Villa to continue his rich form tonight I reckon.

Valencia lineup:
    Moyá, Joel, David Navarro, Dealbert, Alexis, Baraja, Maduro, Pablo Hernández, Mata, Silva, Villa

Racing lineup:
    Coltorti, Pinillos, Oriol, Henrique, Christian, Colsa, Diop, Arana, Serrano, Canales, Tchité

Villa off the post!

Then blasted over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Shyte game in Mestalla, probably the worst of the season. The makeshift defence (including a 17 year old debutant from the B team) played well, it was the frontline (Villa, Mata, Silva, Pablo) who let us down. Also Baraja and Maduro as a midfield was never going to do much. Oh well, we are still 4 points clear of 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Shyte game in Mestalla, probably the worst of the season. The makeshift defence (including a 17 year old debutant from the B team) played well, it was the frontline (Villa, Mata, Silva, Pablo) who let us down. Also Baraja and Maduro as a midfield was never going to do much. Oh well, we are still 4 points clear of 4th.

The lack of Banega factor? He's been fantastic this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hope Valencia will be as poor Sunday. Cannot see lightening strike twice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭realmadrid

think valencia might do it on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭realmadrid

13/2 for Valencia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Barcelona really, really, really need to put down a good performance. I read some where yesterday that when Pep showed up to training on Monday he tore strips out of every single player making it clear that if they continue to be as inconstant they will win nothing this season.

Now is the time for the leaders in the team to step up, I was disappointed to see Puyol with his head down 30 minutes from time on Saturday, the team needs some one to rally them forward (Pique if he had not been suspended).

Messi seems to be peaking again which is good news, but I am worried about Iniesta and Xavi, there past 2 seasons have been hectic. When ever Keita gets back to fitness he will need to be used allot more in order to rotate the duo.

Over all, I think Barca are by no means out of this race and if they put down an emphatic win this weekend they can send some shock waves to this Madrid team.

Advertisement