Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XV. Round 5. 5th-7th Mar.

Options
  • 05-03-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Friday, 05 March 2010.

Bradford v Wigan, 20:00 *SS 1*
    Hull v Castleford, 20:00
    Leeds v Harlequins, 20:00
    Salford v Catalans Dragons, 20:00

Saturday, 06 March 2010

Wakefield v Huddersfield, 17:45 *SS 2*

Sunday, 07 March 2010

Hull KR v St Helens, 15:00
    Warrington v Crusaders, 15:00

Couple of juicy encounters this weekend. Wakey/Giants should be a cracker.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Forget to make your SportGuru picks this weekend Toom?
    Reckon the live match tonight will either be an excellent spectacle or a massive walkover for Wigan. Fancy Leeds to put in a big performance and big points win tonight.

Some match. Only saw bits and pieces of the second half but it seems Wigan just completely fell asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

What a crazy game of rugby! I've said it from day one, if the rest of the Bulls can get themselves up to the level of Orford, L'Estrange and Langley (superb performance) they're going to have a really good season. Got to get over the slow start problem as well.

Forgot me bloody sportguru as well, whatever slim chance I had of coming anywhere near the top just disappeared...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

The Bulls-Wigan game must have been one of the most bizarre rugby matches I have ever watched.

First half Wigan were utterly in control and could have scored two or three more tries, yet the second half it was the Bulls who were completely dominant:confused:

As I have previously expressed on here I have little confidence in McNamara as a coach but if the Bulls can keep the magnificient Menzies and Orford fit then they alone will ensure that the club have a better season.

Can't wait to see how Wakey perform against the Giants:)

Blanch back on the bench Wakey, great news. Hodgson out for the Giants, big blow for them....

• Advertisement

Find it hard to see Wakefield scoring 20 points, let alone without conceding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Wakey aren't performing at present, terrible defence. After 13 mins, its already 18 - 0 to the Giants. I still wont write the Wildcats off after yesterdays game!

Yesterdays game against Leeds has left me more depressed about the Quins season, just not coping with a few players missing. Massive game next week for us confidence wise. If we lose we go bottom.

Edit: 25 minutes gone, now Wakefield 0 - 22 Huddersfield. Comeback less likely!! :eek:

Good lord, if it was a boxing match someone would chuck in the towel. Huddersfield playing well, but Wakey are totally lifeless. No energy in defence and listless in attack. They're being ripped to shreds in the midfield and their right-side defence is appalling...battered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Weird couple of games this weekend. Bradford so so bad in the first half and to be honest didnt think we played too well either in the 2nd, just Wigan werent arsed. I reckon the result masks what a bad team we have.

And wtf at the Wakefield match?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

:eek: That was one of the most appalling performances from a Wakey side in a long, long time, certainly the worst under the stewardship of John Kear.

It was embarrassing and humiliating. The players should hang their heads in shame. They were lazy, inept and plain, downright soft. They should forsake a week's wages and donate it to charity, they certainly didn't do anything to earn it after that showing.

OK, the Giants were on fire and looked an excellent team, very well coached and well drilled in defence and would more than likely have beaten Wakey even if they played, but to capitulate in such a pathetic manner is a shocking. Only Morrison, Moore, Murphy (until he unfortunately went off injured) and Blanch, when he came on, can keep their head's held high for at least putting some effort in, the remaining 13 hopefully slept very badly on Saturday night:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

So there i was thinking Wigan were the hottest team ever and were going to cause McNamara to cry in front of the camera's until Stevo goes " the winds worth 16 points". It all went wrong form there on in.

Besides that though it was a game epic game though Wigan were going to put at least 50 points on the Bulls but they took their feet off the gas and somehow let Matt Orford burying his way twice to the goal line.

Advertisement