Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butanel lighter refills

Options
  • 05-03-2010 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get those wee butane gas cans for refilling lighters in Galway? None of the places I'd expect to have them (garage, corner shops) do, and I don't know of any tobacconist in Galway City. Lady in the corner shop recommended O'Connell's in Salthill, but that's a bit of a trek just to find out there's none.

Found a couple of really nice old lighters (think they belonged to gf's grandad) cleaning out the flat, and thought it'd be cool to refill and start using them, but the refills are harder to find than I anticipated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You'd probably have to ask someone behind a counter rather than see it on a shelf, due to solvent abuse risk. Try customer service checkout at Tesco etc. I'd be suprised if some smaller supermarket didn't have them too, e.g. SuperValu/Centra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

yeah, i figured they'd be behind the counter with the rest of the smoking stuff - where i've always seen em before because, as you say, solvent abuse. But they don't seem to stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think I got one in McIsaac's just up from Kelly's.
    Or News at Ten across from Quays.
    GC->Smoking btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Cool, I'll go on a mission to those places tomorrow :). I didn't want to post in smoking initially cos it's a pretty dead forum and I wanted to know somewhere specifically in Galway.

Advertisement