Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia find my phone software

• 05-03-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I have the Nokia Ovi software and think it's pretty good but there's one feature I'd love to see and that's something to make the phone ring when it's lost in the apartment. There's nothing more annoying than not being able to find the phone but knowing it's within Bluetooth range of the PC.

Is there any add on or separate piece of software that could do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I haven't seen anything out that fits the description of what you are after yet, great idea all the same.

why don't you not install cabbage on your pc and just send a text message if you can't find your phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Send something to the phone using bluetooth, and once its a paired device, and set to automatically accept rather than have to manually accept the file, the phone will sound like it got a new message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I hadn't heard of Cabbage I've downloaded it now it's pretty cool, I can have it open the whole time on the 2nd screen now. Hadn't thought of sending a bluetooth file. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I have wife 1.0 that comes with a phone. I instruct wife 1.0 to ring my phone and I can then locate it. Beware though that wife 1.0 is very expensive.

Advertisement