Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU Returns April 2nd *TRAILER*

Options
  • 05-03-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

And with a trailer obviously comes *SPOILERS*

Looks like there could be a bad guy (s)! And Michael Shanks cameo!!
    Looks like Destiny has rings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Looks very good!!!!

It seems they are really going to get into the season now and start expanding the story line a good bit.

Good to see
    Michael shanks in the series aswell. hope he has a decent part in the show. Also i wonder what the hell was going on with rush in that scene where he says 'What are you doing to me'

Can't wait for it to start back up again. i have me calender set for friday the 2nd of april!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I read the episode summaries for the second half of the season and it sounds very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

Spoiler should have been put in thread title to avoid all this silly blocky business!
    Looks good!
    Can we have furlings please???:D
    ...i just want them to not look like giant koala bears!!! --> (200)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=64114

This trailer looks great though I didnt see Shanks in it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

TonyD79 wrote: »
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=64114

This trailer looks great though I didnt see Shanks in it.

Cracking trailer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Looks like Destiny gets dialed from Milky Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Heres that trailer ^^^ for peeps who can't be bothered clicking :)

Looks frakking amazing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That looks brilliant. Think i'm gonna watch the first 10 episodes again :P

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Stupid long mid season break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I know its a trailer but things look like they really get moving in the second half of the season. Looking forward to it since I will be having Caprica withdrawals soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

new alienzes? :eek: dey looks gooed

and is rhona mitra in it?

ULTRA FAP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

:pac:

look pretty good and where did i read on boards that the scotish dude wont be back.....

Airs tonight in US

Dam.. still not up anywhere I can see.... :( Suppose with the time difference won't be up until about 1 :o

Dam.. still not up anywhere I can see.... :( Suppose with the time difference won't be up until about 1 :o

Erm, am I missing something? The States are 7/8 hours behind us - it wouldn't be up for hours.

noodler wrote: »
    Erm, am I missing something? The States are 7/8 hours behind us - it wouldn't be up for hours.
    I thought 4/5 hours behind... if it's on at around 8... Would prob be up around 1-2 I would of thought....

I could be wrong here but I am almost certain the States are 7/8 hours behind us depending on which coast we are talking about.

Certainly not 4/5

noodler wrote: »
    I could be wrong here but I am almost certain the States are 7/8 hours behind us depending on which coast we are talking about.

Certainly not 4/5
    There's 4 hours time difference between the whole of America... http://www.americantimezones.com/ So both of our times are right :rolleyes: Lets just leave it at that :p It's up now anyway :D

There's 4 hours time difference between the whole of America... http://www.americantimezones.com/ So both of our times are right :rolleyes: Lets just leave it at that :p It's up now anyway :D

Indeed - no need for the rollie eyes though.

• Advertisement

Still no intro :( just a title card...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Conor108 wrote: »
    Still no intro :( just a title card...
    What would you prefer?

Keep it simple. I want to watch the Substance, Not some opener that kills 30-60 seconds of my life. Factored by 200 episodes? You gotta figure watching opening sequences of SG-1 has sapped away at least 3 hours of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

5starpool wrote: »
    Stupid long mid season break.
    Its actually with good reason: Doing it this way keeps the mid season break 4 months; and, the inter-season break (wait for it) 4 months.

The alternative would be per se, to do the full run, and then do an 8 month hiatus. No thanks.
    Syfy talks SGU’s scheduling strategy
    clear.gif
    Wednesday - March 31, 2010
    Category: GENERAL | Tags: Featured, Universe
    clear.gif
    by Darren Sumner
    destiny01.jpgThe wait is almost over! Exactly four months after “Justice” left us hanging, Stargate Universe fans are eagerly anticipating the show’s return to Syfy Channel in the U.S. this Friday at 9 p.m. (8 Central). But many want to know: Why was the mid-season break so long?
    We asked Stargate fans via Twitter what their ideal length would be for the mid-season break, and got a variety of responses. But we also heard straight from Syfy’s Craig Engler, Senior V.P. of Syfy Digital, who said, “No mid-season break could mean [32] weeks or more between full seasons. Basically, every schedule choice has a trade-off. … We split seasons so there are not huge gaps between full seasons.”
    If the network were to run the entire, 20-episode season without a break, fans would be left with nearly 8 months of no new episodes. But that’s nothing that fans of 24 or LOST aren’t used to — and they keep coming back for more. Because those series are so dependent upon a single story arc spread over a season, major breaks only frustrate viewers (as ABC notoriously learned in the third season of LOST, airing six episodes in the fall and holding the rest for the spring).
    Is SGU arc-driven enough to warrant such a plan?
    “You’re comparing a broadcast network to a cable network, though,” Engler said. “Scheduling for each is much different.”
    It’s definitely not a strategy meant to increase DVD revenue with multiple releases each season, he stressed — since MGM, not Syfy, is the one that sells the show and makes that money.
    The challenge for the network is to bring viewers back after a break — and the longer the break, the tougher that is to do. Casual viewers make the ratings, not hardcore fans. So forgetfulness sets in and it’s up to the marketing teams at Syfy and MGM to let people know when the show is back on the air — and to entice those more casual viewers to keep watching.
    sgu_110_fight.jpgAfter four months, viewers will learn Rush's fate when "Space" premieres this Friday.

Syfy’s strategy for most years of Stargate has been the half-season approach: 10 episodes now, 10 episodes later, with approximately the same stretch of time in between. The result is that the mid-season break is about as long as the break in between seasons.
    The last two years of Atlantis were the exceptions. Season Four ran from September to March with only a short holiday break. Season Five aired from July to January with the same holiday break.
    The longest break in Stargate history, as we figure it, was the third season of Stargate Atlantis and the tenth season of Stargate SG-1, which aired at the same time. The first half aired from July to September, 2006, and the second half from April to June of the following year. That made for a 25-week hiatus (six and a half months) between “The Return, Part 1″ and “The Return, Part 2,” and between “The Quest, Part 1″ and “Part 2.”
    How did Stargate fans answer our question? The average response suggested a mid-season break around six to ten weeks, making for a significantly longer gap between the season finale and the next season’s opener.
    “Six to ten weeks is ideal to me,” mescutia said. “I prefer mid-season breaks that are significantly shorter than between-season breaks.”
    “Two months tops,” Tanith0709 said. “Personally, would have liked for SGU to come back after the Christmas period.”
    A few fans, however, suggested that they’d still prefer little or no break at all.
    The ideal break would be “six days,” EliteAceman concisely suggested.
    For the next 11 weeks (expect an SGU break Memorial Day weekend), though, we have lots of new Stargate Universe to enjoy! Season Two will likely premiere in October. Catch “Space” Friday at 9 p.m. (8 Central) on Syfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

When is it back on Sky does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

It's back on Sky tomorrow night at 8. There are ads on Sky 1 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

My mistake, I just checked the Sky magazine there & it's back Tuesday 13th April at 8pm. :D

Advertisement