Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handheld speed camera question!

• 05-03-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi everyone,

Was driving home this evening from Dublin-Galway and wasn't far in on the M6 when I spotted (too late) a Garda car pulled in the area off the hard shoulder and a Gaurd on his feet pointing a speed gun at the passing traffic.

Typically, I had just overtaken someone so I was speeding at that moment. I'd say my speed was 125-128kph. My question is, do I have anything to worry about? Would he have jumped in the car and come after me if he was going to penalise me, or should I expect a letter in the post? If so, what kind of penalties would I be looking at?

Thank you in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

was it on a tripod or a handheld camera?

if it was a tripod they can send them in the post...

but dont worry about it its only a couple of points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

They probably wouldn't go after you if you were 5-8 kp/h over the limit. And I doubt they had one of them there printer speed guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jth7

He definitely had it in his hand and was pointing it alright.

Only thing that makes me wonder is that he was standing outside his car, which was well pulled in. Surely if he did want to stop someone he would have an awful tough him getting into his car and then catching up with them when they are at that speed ?

So the only penalty is two points on the license if I do happen to get the letter in the post ? Thanks for the answers, speeding newbie here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

jth7 wrote: »
    He definitely had it in his hand and was pointing it alright.

Only thing that makes me wonder is that he was standing outside his car, which was well pulled in. Surely if he did want to stop someone he would have an awful tough him getting into his car and then catching up with them when they are at that speed ?

So the only penalty is two points on the license if I do happen to get the letter in the post ? Thanks for the answers, speeding newbie here!

And a 80 euro fine:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MONEY_MAKER

don't worry about it , there is a chance nothing will happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement