Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Airtricity League/LOI Pics Thread

• 05-03-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

A while back the idea was put to me for a picture thread given that a good number of boardsies attend league games with high quality camera equipment.

So here's a thread for those pics and discussion on them.

Hopefully it takes off!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

4409081101_28ccf8900a.jpg

4409054525_63ac519be7.jpg

4409046619_6027c7de0e.jpg

Full set here

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Can one of the Sligo lads explain these banners to me?

http://www.forzarovers.net/apps/photos/photo?photoid=72823175

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

http://www.forzarovers.net/apps/photos/photo?photoid=72823175

Well the one on the left I presume is to do with Chris Turner taking the money.

The middle one is a reference to Rovers not as perfect as they proclain themselves to be since the fans took over. Like the mafia going into legitimate business.

Nice effort btw from the Rovers fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

obsession-eau-toilette-spray-01758484005.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

Well the one on the left I presume is to do with Chris Turner taking the money.

The middle one is a reference to Rovers not as perfect as they proclain themselves to be since the fans took over. Like the mafia going into legitimate business.

Nice effort btw from the Rovers fans.

Any guesses for the one on the right. Is it just a Sligo lad smashing a rovers crest or am I missing the point completely?

Fair play to them for making the effort. Unfortunately their quaint attempts at building some kind of rivalry with rovers seems somewhat unrequited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

stovelid wrote: »
    obsession-eau-toilette-spray-01758484005.jpg

:D

Exactly. If the Sligs spend a fraction of that energy asking why Turner is now a Rovers player, why they are still paying players cash in hand and why they are consistantly unable to deal with a large away crowd safely they might be in a healthier place.

Easier to blame some FAI/Rovers conspiracy for all their ills, isn't it....

But we digress.

We are not trying to build up a rivalry, we just hate Shams, most Rovers fans hate Shams. The one on the left is O Neill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Wexler12 wrote: »
    We are not trying to build up a rivalry, we just hate Shams, most Rovers fans hate Shams. The one on the left is O Neill

I don't get the reference re : O'Neill?????

The green of that fatigue jacket on the 70s IRA terrorist-looking guy with the balaclava is all wrong. A more vibrant racing green would have given far more of a WOW factor for me personally.

• Advertisement

The one on the left is O Neill

Yeah I thought it didn't look like Turner. So O'Neill stole the turncoat away from Sligo?

What's the balaclava all about in the middle one?

Any chance you could be less crytpic in future? :(

So we can either believe that an attempt was made to register Turner on incorrect standardised contracts and they were rejected by the FAI, he was then asked to take a paycut, which he refused to do, thus rendering the contract null and void and then approached Rovers to see was the deal we offered still on the table at which point we registered him and his contract properly.

Or O'Neill is a thief. Rovers are the mafia. The durty dubs are out to get us etc etc etc.

Its a great deal easier to blame us for your woes then criticise the clowns running your club into the ground, innit!

As has been said before, we are bemused by this little outpouring of angst from our harmless country cousins. And trust me, that is exactly how you are viewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

First time down in Sligo for the match and I never realised how petty and smalltime the mindset of some of their supporters is. From talking to them in the pub before hand to the 'display', they seem pretty obessed and desperate to be our rivals. Thing is, there not even a blip on the radar for most Rovers fans.

I care for alot of LOI fans opinions but Shams fans are different, think what ye want, no one cares

I care for alot of LOI fans opinions but Shams fans are different, think what ye want, no one cares

If 'no one cares' (sic) what Rovers fans think, why waste your time and effort with your crayons?

You are trying to create a victimhood complex that big bad Rovers came and stole your best player, rather than deal with the reality that your club cannot organise a piss up in a brewery and thats why he was able to stroll from a voided contract and you paid him cash off the books you won't see again.

Like we have all said, that says a great deal more about your small time mentality than Turner or Rovers.

Enjoy your relegation battle.

In an attempt to stop us getting banned, I'm posting this riveting phone picture from the jam-packed terraces at our preseason game against Longford. :D

ltfc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Having Sligo Rangers or whoever they are make banners about you and constantly obsessing on foot.ie is like having some little kid following you around the school playground acting tough and trying to look cool. Its just embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r149/Vinny_037/DC%20vs%20CORK%205%20March%202010/

RTE and Cork City fans in the New Derry City Social Club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

stovelid wrote: »
    In an attempt to stop us getting banned, I'm posting this riveting phone picture from the jam-packed terraces at our preseason game against Longford. :D

ltfc.jpg

The Flansiro, I love it.

Rovers V Dundalk!

4451719740_7338189dc0.jpg

4451717116_5d90358225.jpg

4450943629_d5da3e23b8.jpg

Full set here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Saw them on extratime, great shots.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If 'no one cares' (sic) what Rovers fans think, why waste your time and effort with your crayons?

You are trying to create a victimhood complex that big bad Rovers came and stole your best player, rather than deal with the reality that your club cannot organise a piss up in a brewery and thats why he was able to stroll from a voided contract and you paid him cash off the books you won't see again.

Like we have all said, that says a great deal more about your small time mentality than Turner or Rovers.

Enjoy your relegation battle.

You too!!! :cool:

BOHS V SLIGO

4465995510_6a612b4eaf.jpg

4465994810_866c39f51b.jpg

4465227151_55cd9ee935.jpg

Full set here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Terryland Park at around 19.50 after the pitch was passed 20 minutes earlier. Taken from www.galwayunitedfc.ie

656288pitch_flooded.jpg

waterlogged_1.jpg

Advertisement