Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weak Wireless DSL signal

Options
  • 05-03-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am using wireless from the router to my living room (30ft approx). The signal is very low and often drops out. Is there any way I can amplify the wireless signal or is there a stronger wireless router available other than the standard one from Eircom?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Might not be the modem's fault, there could be interference, you could try a different wireless channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

clann wrote: »
    I am using wireless from the router to my living room (30ft approx). The signal is very low and often drops out. Is there any way I can amplify the wireless signal or is there a stronger wireless router available other than the standard one from Eircom?

you could try replacing the Aeriel of your router...I have used various products from these guys with great success

http://uk.wifi-link.com/

The site is a bit amateurish, but I have found them excellent to deal with.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nothing to do with Broadband

Advertisement