Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Gear LIDL

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ikb

I took the plunge and bought a jacket and trousers. They are alright I'd say. Full of loose threads as someone said. I meant to shop around but I was passing so I just bought the set. Do you thing they are value for money compared to what you might pay in a bike shop?

Hi Jimmy,
    What did you pay for the set.? I know guys that got them last year and are very pleased with them. Yes the finish is not perfect but they seem warm enough and to last well enough.
    I got luckey ( I think). Christmas before last I went to the Heingeriche shop in Newery.There is no VAT on bike gear up there as its classed as safety clothing.
    At that time they were having a clearance sale, and a lot of stuff was 1/2 price (pound for euro too::eek:
    Got a full Bullson rigout (removable lining, armour etc) not dissimilar to the Lidl gear, but better finish and I think a heavier weft. Cant remember what I paid but the Jacket was 120 and I think thats what I paid for the set (jacket and trousers). I also got a smashin pair of boots (veeeerrrryy comfy) and a Nolan lid and gloves, Left about 450 after me but was well pleased.
    Left home @7am was back at lunchtime...... How bad?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Ya, our government are great at being backwards. As if bike gear is a luxury item.

140e altogether anyway. They'll do the job for going into work everyday. 60e for trousers and 80e for jacket. They meet all the german standards so that was good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ikb

youll do fine jem. Anything iv ever bought inLidl/Aldi has ben ok.
    Take care.
    P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Aldi normally have their bike gear in not too long after Lidl as well so if you missed something you'll get another chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

You're spot on Fabio, Aldi are selling gear next Sunday, 21st March.

• Advertisement
Advertisement