Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aural Light - 19/03 - Space 54, Smithfield, Dublin

Options
  • 05-03-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭

Here's one that may be of some interest to folks into ambient electronic music.

I'm posting it for a number of reasons including the fact that I'll be performing there to coincide with the release of my 6th and latest album. The music I'll be performing will be based around field recordings made while travelling in South East Queensland, Australia. I can't speak for the other good folks performing but my stuff would be along the lines of Biosphere/Entia Non/early Tangerine Dream.

I record/perform under the name miXile and would be thrilled to put a face/name on some of the good folks around here.
    A digital release date for the new album which has the title 'Noosa Sunrise' is the 15 March, 2010. A physical release will come a week or two later but I may have CDs with me on the night if anyone wants a cheap 'pre-release' copy. Anyone doing radio/dj stuff and playing Ambient is welcome to a promo copy if they let me know.

Info about my bits and bobs:
    http://www.mixile.com

Soundcloud listen to a track from the new album: http://soundcloud.com/mixile/rain-forest-aviary
    4 Theye and Tribal Movement present for the 2nd time

Aural Light
    Audiovisual for the aura

Psybient IDM Chillout Downtempo

Space 54 Smithfield (beside the Luas)

5 euro donation

Line up so far

miXile
    Miles Iwes -- Parastate 999
    Solex -- Tribal Movement
    Q Solar -- audiovisual

More to be announced...

Tea served on the night...BYO alcohol if u like..
    Massages will be available..

Feel free to bring food for the early part of the event...any dish of your choice for sharing with friends...

It will be a nice change of party style and a good pre club gig also..
    24174_341542272009_578367009_3442866_4120401_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

hola folks,
    not bumping for bumping's sake (as they say in France),
    but thanks to any who are planning on dropping along tomorrow night. Not sure what time I'm playing but it's somewhere between 18:00 and 23:00.

It will be almost all beatless ambient with a few timed crackles thrown in from locusts and stuff.

Anyway looking forward to meeting a few folks along the way.

Mick
    (miXile)

{old gregg is just a tv character :p}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

sh1t missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

no worries mate. It was a very cool evening. Reminded me of being at a chill stage at an Eastern European festival, all very chilled and friendly with trippy sounds and loads of nationalities chatting away.

I was even able to get a massage before playing :p

Advertisement