Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron 1521 & Insurance

Options
  • 05-03-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I have a Dell 1521 for the last 2 years approx. I built it to a high spec best processor, webcam, memory etc and paid €780 for it. I have had to replace the charger already but my predicament now is:
    • Laptop is slow
    • Overheating- Smell the heat after using it for about 10 mins
    • No longer charging-
    I have 2 batteries for it neither charge but will power on if I connect a Dell charger. I have been using a Kingston charger for about 6 months and now it refuses to charge. I dont really want to change the laptop itself but people have told me to save everything elsewhere incase of motherboard failure.

Do I replace the laptop or is there somewhere that I can insure my laptop. I do not want to insure it under the house insurance so any other ideas are appreciated.

Cheers
    Ah-Watch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Just forget about it and get a Toshiba

Advertisement