Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password for Eircom internet? [EDIT: And now a second question]

• 05-03-2010 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I want to turn on bridge mode on my Eircom Zyxel unit so that my Airport Extreme can handle the PPPoE so I might get Open NAT on Xbox Live, and I need the know the password for the Eircom connection. Now there's a password and username that I've been using for years, for things like usage stat checking and webmail etc. but there's also the password in the Zyxel config page that's 'eircom@eircom.net' and the password is obscured.

Does anyone know if that is the password and username I should use and what the actual password is? I'm guessing it's a generic login of some sort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

broadband1 I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Board Senseless

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

EDIT: One more thing. Now I've done this the Modem config page won't load at 192.168.1.254. Is that normal? I'm such a noob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Run ipconfig from a command prompt the IP address of the unit is the default gateway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Board Senseless

I thought that would be the Apple router's address. I tried the default gateway address and got a blank page.

Should a modem in bridge mode actually have an address on the network?

Advertisement